Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643090 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31671: Sep 05, 2022 03:14:30 pm
      Sorry, you just don't get to brush hard facts away with a shrug and a "So what?" I've posted the numbers - try addressing them. But I'll bite...

Spending Ā£25m per transfer window for 12 years is quite pathetic. It tells me two things

1. FSG either won't or can't back us as required
      2. Klopp is a brilliant coach and has been shielding FSG's miserable financial backing of the team

Again what does the number be for it to be acceptable level of spending for some

I'd say around Ā£80 to Ā£100m every summer window. January is bit more difficult to define because it is so variable.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #31672: Sep 05, 2022 03:15:49 pm
      Ā£14m per transfer window. Spin that.

To be fair, that figure doesn't mean much on its own. You have to look a bit deeper.
      It could mean we did better than others at scouting low cost hidden gems (Robbo, Elliott, etc.).
      It could mean we did better than others at recruiting players for a price that was lower than their true worth (Salah, Thiago, etc.) or even for free (Milly, Matip, etc.).
      It could mean we did better than others at reselling fringe players (Solanke, Brewster, etc.).
      It could mean we did better than others at screwing Barcelona over (Coutinho).  ;D
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #31673: Sep 05, 2022 03:16:30 pm
      Sorry, you just don't get to brush hard facts away with a shrug and a "So what?" I've posted the numbers - try addressing them. But I'll bite...

Spending Ā£25m per transfer window for 12 years is quite pathetic. It tells me two things

2. Klopp is a brilliant coach and has been shielding FSG's miserable financial backing of the team

I'd say around Ā£80 to Ā£100m every summer window. January is bit more difficult to define because it is so variable.

He won't stop mate. I think he's paid by them tbh. Doesn't matter what you say to him and any point you make.

He'll also flat out refuse to say he's wrong when you prove him wrong. He'll just carry on arguing or argue about another point to deflect.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #31674: Sep 05, 2022 03:17:40 pm
      Huh?

Are you only concerned by the amount spent as opposed to what players arrive
      No. Are you only concerned with your Ā£600m figure you keep posting about?

Won every trophy going over that same period 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Yeah, we have an exceptionally talented manager.

If thatā€™s what the club can afford then so be it
      So be it? If that's what the club can afford, we need FSG gone.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #31675: Sep 05, 2022 03:20:30 pm
      To be fair, that figure doesn't mean much on its own. You have to look a bit deeper.
      It could mean we did better than others at scouting low cost hidden gems (Robbo, Elliott, etc.).
      It could mean we did better than others at recruiting players for a price that was lower than their true worth (Salah, Thiago, etc.) or even for free (Milly, Matip, etc.).
      It could mean we did better than others at reselling fringe players (Solanke, Brewster, etc.).
      It could mean we did better than others at screwing Barcelona over (Coutinho).  ;D

Great point.

Net spend in its own is not an accurate indicator of the development of a squad.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #31676: Sep 05, 2022 03:21:41 pm

We need an oil sheik to buy up all the good players available in the market. But itā€™s not happening.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #31677: Sep 05, 2022 03:21:49 pm
      Instead of saying "so what", address the post.

Again what does the number be for it to be acceptable level of spending for some
      I've answered this.

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2022 03:42:46 pm by Rush »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #31678: Sep 05, 2022 03:23:19 pm
      It could. But it also means Ā£14m per transfer window since 2010.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31679: Sep 05, 2022 03:27:03 pm

So when we sold Coutinho and bought VVD and Allison and the net spend was around Ā£0 - you thought that was ā€œpatheticā€ - itā€™s just figures and numbers - it doesnā€™t matter if the squad improves

So you think that the club needs to spend Ā£100mil net every single summer - irrelevant to anything else thatā€™s what the club needs to do

Can you even see how immature that is , how thatā€™s straight out of the Championship Manager manual

It shows a complete lack of understanding of the clubs finances and how they work

Guess how many clubs have done that level of spending over the last 10 years

1 - Man Utd - Ā£1bn

City and PSG just below that

https://www.givemesport.com/88054128-man-utd-liverpool-barcelona-psg-20-clubs-with-highest-net-spend-since-2012/amp

But of course you donā€™t want to spend like oil owners but you want the same level of funding available like oil owners

This is a good one

Net spend per trophy for the last ten years

1. Liverpool - just under 50mil

2. Chelsea just under Ā£60mil

City is over Ā£100mil

Man Utd just over Ā£300mil ?!?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31680: Sep 05, 2022 03:28:38 pm
      Huh?
      No. Are you only concerned with your Ā£600m figure you keep posting about?
      Yeah, we have an exceptionally talented manager.

Why do we need them gone when we are challenging on the football field ?

Surely that what matters not how much money is spent every year
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31681: Sep 05, 2022 03:29:36 pm
      Great point.

Net spend in its own is not an accurate indicator of the development of a squad.

Most people understand that - some use it as stick to wield around at the owners

Itā€™s the same when Klopp highlighted we won the league after buying one player on a free and a young player
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #31682: Sep 05, 2022 03:29:49 pm
      So we built a world class squad without blowing countless millions each season and that's a bad thing?

I'm all for spending a bit more on quality players and definitely see the need for more in CM in the coming windows.

But no on can convince me that our transfer strategy is anything other than what you would want from a responsibly ran football club

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31683: Sep 05, 2022 03:31:13 pm
      So we built a world class squad without blowing countless millions each season and that's a bad thing?

I'm all for spending a bit more on quality players and definitely see the need for more in CM in the coming windows.

But no on can convince me that our transfer strategy is anything other than what you would want from a responsibly ran football club

Itā€™s a transfer strategy that every club would die for

Itā€™s one of the reasons why many clubs went after Edwards when he resigned

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #31684: Sep 05, 2022 03:34:30 pm
      So they havenā€™t milked anything and you are just going on about a situation that hasnā€™t happened and there is no talk of happening

Thatā€™s nearly as daft as someone stating that we would have Ā£4bn worth of debt if we were sold

And if they do sell the club

1. Wonā€™t you be happy with that ?

2. Why would we be milked ?

Really made up if we were sold to responsible people with a genuine desire to improve the team.
      Obviously a sizeable amount gathered in the name of LFC would go with them.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31685: Sep 05, 2022 03:36:03 pm
      Really made up if we were sold to responsible people with a genuine desire to improve the team.
      Obviously a sizeable amount gathered in the name of LFC would go with them.

And who are these ā€œresponsible people with a genuine desire to improve the teamā€ if itā€™s not owners like FSG

Who have shown they are responsible and have helped the team improve 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #31686: Sep 05, 2022 03:49:39 pm
      I can shout and type as much as you can you are f***in nobody some slum landlord probably so you dont have a clue about how a new owner would finance a Ā£4billion purchase sell a few dodgy flats maybe. SO keep it up knobhead and go and collect some rents.

Imbecile. Go read a F***ing book before you lecture me on how finance management works.

Now F**k off with your silly tantrums
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #31687: Sep 05, 2022 03:56:06 pm
      So when we sold Coutinho and bought VVD and Allison and the net spend was around Ā£0 - you thought that was ā€œpatheticā€ - itā€™s just figures and numbers - it doesnā€™t matter if the squad improves
      No. That's a great bit of business. Imagine if they actually backed Klopp too. Not just selling to buy. But you know, actually backing the manager now and again. Spending on a player when you DON'T sell first of all. And if you mention Diaz, I think I'll scream.

So you think that the club needs to spend Ā£100mil net every single summer - irrelevant to anything else thatā€™s what the club needs to do
      I never said that. But you do you if it helps your cause. I think we need owners who can spend Ā£100m in a transfer window when we need it. Granted you're just throwing money away if you don't need players that transfer window. But we are in need.

Can you even see how immature that is , how thatā€™s straight out of the Championship Manager manual
      Stop with the strawman arguments. You are creating bogus scenarios, attributing them to me (even though I'm not saying what you imply), and then you proceed to shoot them down.

It shows a complete lack of understanding of the clubs finances and how they work
      See above.

Guess how many clubs have done that level of spending over the last 10 years

1 - Man Utd - Ā£1bn

https://www.givemesport.com/88054128-man-utd-liverpool-barcelona-psg-20-clubs-with-highest-net-spend-since-2012/amp

But of course you donā€™t want to spend like oil owners but you want the same level of funding available like oil owners
      Just to clarify. You spend Ā£100m when it is needed. Ā£100m is just a figure I put out there because you asked for it, twice. Sometimes you get lucky and unearth a few gems, most of the time though, it's spending money or standing still.

This is a good one

Net spend per trophy for the last ten years

1. Liverpool - just under 50mil

2. Chelsea just under Ā£60mil

City is over Ā£100mil

Man Utd just over Ā£300mil ?!?

Isn't Klopp a genius?

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31688: Sep 05, 2022 04:20:07 pm

OK, sounds like your in agreement so, that's all we're asking
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31689: Sep 05, 2022 04:20:11 pm
      No. That's a great bit of business. Imagine if they actually backed Klopp too. Not just selling to buy. But you know, actually backing the manager now and again. Spending on a player when you DON'T sell first of all. And if you mention Diaz, I think I'll scream.
      I never said that. But you do you if it helps your cause. I think we need owners who can spend Ā£100m in a transfer window when we need it. Granted you're just throwing money away if you don't need players that transfer window. But we are in need.
      Stop with the strawman arguments. You are creating bogus scenarios, attributing them to me (even though I'm not saying what you imply), and then you proceed to shoot them down. That's nuts. That's backed into a corner and having to blabber tactics.
      See above.

1 - Man Utd - Ā£1bn

Just to clarify. You spend Ā£100m when it is needed. Ā£100m is just a figure I put out there because you asked for it, twice. Sometimes you get lucky and unearth a few gems, most of the time though, it's spending money or standing still.

Isn't Klopp a genius?

So you donā€™t want the club to spend Ā£100mil you just think they should spend Ā£100mil ? Or spend Ā£100mil when they need too ?

You keep mentioned the net spend of Ā£15mil average , is that per window or per season 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Hasnā€™t Klopp mentioned many times that if itā€™s a player they want they will get him -

And is it just down to Klopp alone ? There are a heck of a lot of people working behind the scenes to provide the tools

And we donā€™t ā€œsell to buyā€ we havenā€™t ā€œsold one player just so that we can buy someone elseā€

Players have been sold that are no longer needed - Nunez for example arrived before any player left

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #31690: Sep 05, 2022 04:22:48 pm
      We need an oil sheik to buy up all the good players available in the market. But itā€™s not happening.

No, we need a Liverpool born Billionaire who grew up on the Kop to buy the club and have enough billions left to buy all the good players.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #31691: Sep 05, 2022 04:23:56 pm

What season was this?
      Aah I know when we had a remarkable season injury free, let's hope the same piece of luck happens again soon cos we haven't got the quality to cope with a few injuries,
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #31692: Sep 05, 2022 04:32:52 pm
      So you donā€™t want the club to spend Ā£100mil you just think they should spend Ā£100mil ? Or spend Ā£100mil when they need too ?
      I just want the owners to back Klopp when it is obvious we need backing. That was this transfer window. In fact, it got so desperate we went for Melo at the 11th hour. So there is the clear evidence we needed backing. That's not open for debate.

What's open for debate is whether or not the owners backed Klopp sufficiently. From what I can see, it was quite pathetic.

You strengthen from a position of strength, not leave it until you have an injury crisis. To do that twice is unacceptable.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31693: Sep 05, 2022 04:39:08 pm
      I just want the owners to back Klopp when it is obvious we need backing. That was this transfer window. In fact, it got so desperate we went for Melo at the 11th hour. So there is the clear evidence we needed backing. That's not open for debate.

What's open for debate is whether or not the owners backed Klopp sufficiently. From what I can see, it was quite pathetic.

You strengthen from a position of strength, not leave it until you have an injury crisis. To do that twice is unacceptable.

But Klopp is very clear that the owners back him ?

You arenā€™t going on about this summer when you start talking about average over the seasons and look at net spend as finger to point ?

It seemed to me that Klopp wanted two players - one went to Madrid and the other canā€™t be got right now so he was then happy to wait for that other player. It seems he is happy to be paitent and wait and things what he was will be good enough

Now Henderson and Keita getting injured changed it and they reacted and brought someone in

Quick Reply