Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2755935 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31694: Sep 05, 2022 04:41:33 pm
      What season was this?
      Aah I know when we had a remarkable season injury free, let's hope the same piece of luck happens again soon cos we haven't got the quality to cope with a few injuries,

Literally no idea what you're on about as per usual.

Go back to sleep.
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31695: Sep 05, 2022 04:49:18 pm
      Imbecile. Go read a f**king book before you lecture me on how finance management works.

Now f**k off with your silly tantrums

You’ve got some real mental issues, i think you fap too much or something
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #31696: Sep 05, 2022 05:05:16 pm
      No, we need a Liverpool born Billionaire who grew up on the Kop to buy the club and have enough billions left to buy all the good players.

As we saw when Chelsea was up for sale it’s going to be the same sort of people looking to buy the club - consortiums , owners of big sporting teams in the US.

It would be great for the Premier League to have something along the lines of the Bundasliga but it’s far too gone

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Reply #31697: Sep 05, 2022 05:30:49 pm
      Imbecile. Go read a f**king book before you lecture me on how finance management works.

Now f**k off with your silly tantrums

You certainly have a way with words fella.  :mad:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #31698: Sep 05, 2022 05:34:37 pm

A few have a standard “f word” and “c word” aimed towards others in every post
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31699: Sep 05, 2022 05:36:31 pm

we have a name for people like him in Liverpool , gobs***e he still hasnt said how these potential new owners are going to find ÂŁ4billion or even more. Just a loud mouth f***in nomark who is used to being lord and master in his little domian well not here.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #31700: Sep 05, 2022 05:40:21 pm
      we have a name for people like him in Liverpool , gobs***e he still hasnt said how these potential new owners are going to find ÂŁ4billion or even more. Just a loud mouth f***in nomark who is used to being lord and master in his little domian well not here.

There are many people who have that level of funds available

Boehly who just bought Chelsea was able to do that 🤷‍♂
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #31701: Sep 05, 2022 05:40:23 pm
      It's always interesting how this thread moves when we're not winning yet for the last few seasons when we've been beating every team barely anyone post here.

It's ok if people don't like the owners and want a Sheikh splashing cash, but come up with theories saying that the owners are cooking the books to milk money from the club, come on, they could do it if they wanted to, they own the Club, like I said it's ok not to like them, but no need to make up all those stories.

I do believe we could have signed a player in midfield but not getting it it's not only down to the owners, there is a lot of factors involved. Don't think anyone could have seen that so many players in midfield would be injured just 6 games into the season.

Also, having such a "low" net spend for me is actually a good thing, that's how do business. Bought Robo for what, ÂŁ7m? Steal. Yes we sold Cou -who wanted to leave so bad that he faked an injury- for like ÂŁ140m and that allowed us to buy Alli and VVD, another great piece of business.

If selling a player allow us to buy other and improve the team, I'm all for it.

This year we have refreshed our forwards, DĂ­az, Jota and NĂșñez are all under 25. I'm sure we'll see movement in the midfield I'm the next few seasons.

Like I said, they've made mistakes but overall, I think they have been ok. After all, we've won every throphy available for the last few years, and assembled one of the best football teams that I've seen.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #31702: Sep 05, 2022 05:43:26 pm
      Literally no idea what you're on about as per usual.

Go back to sleep.

Now Now we're resorting to personal comment like the other F***ing eejit - you know perfectly well I am referring to our Premier League winning season which we had unbelievable luck with injuries.

Right now we are suffering from a lack of luck with injuries and no strength in depth, the manager has no sell to buy candidates due to that same lack of quality in depth.

The owners sit on their F***ing hands while the manager has to work miracles again.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #31703: Sep 05, 2022 05:43:45 pm
      It's always interesting how this thread moves when we're not winning yet for the last few seasons when we've been beating every team barely anyone post here.

It's ok if people don't like the owners and want a Sheikh splashing cash, but come up with theories saying that the owners are cooking the books to milk money from the club, come on, they could do it if they wanted to, they own the Club, like I said it's ok not to like them, but no need to make up all those stories.

I do believe we could have signed a player in midfield but not getting it it's not only down to the owners, there is a lot of factors involved. Don't think anyone could have seen that so many players in midfield would be injured just 6 games into the season.

Also, having such a "low" net spend for me is actually a good thing, that's how do business. Bought Robo for what, ÂŁ7m? Steal. Yes we sold Cou -who wanted to leave so bad that he faked an injury- for like ÂŁ140m and that allowed us to buy Alli and VVD, another great piece of business.

This year we have refreshed our forwards, DĂ­az, Jota and NĂșñez are all under 25. I'm sure we'll see movement in the midfield I'm the next few seasons.

Like I said, they've made mistakes but overall, I think they have been ok. After all, we've won every throphy available for the last few years, and assembled one of the best football teams that I've seen.

And that is pretty much it in a nutshell and sums up a lot of peoples thinkings
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31704: Sep 05, 2022 05:45:36 pm
      JĂŒrgen has lost 4 finals and come second in the EPL twice within a point imagine what we would have won had he been given more support.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #31705: Sep 05, 2022 05:47:00 pm

Nobody has mentioned cooking the books only you, I imagine the rest of your comment is similar bollox.
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31706: Sep 05, 2022 05:47:53 pm
      JĂŒrgen has lost 4 finals and come second in the EPL twice within a point imagine what we would have won had he been given more support.

Thats the one!!!! Exactly! Would a 50 million midfielder who can score and assist made a difference in a season of 38 games? Most F***ing likely!

But we should be grateful that we took part in the race and lived the experienced and enjoyed the ride and all that other mantra thats come out of the club since we lost the title in 2014

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #31707: Sep 05, 2022 05:50:00 pm
      Nobody has mentioned cooking the books only you, I imagine the rest of your comment is similar bollox.

🙄
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #31708: Sep 05, 2022 05:50:52 pm

Nobody? ;D I guess you should get better at reading.

It's funny though, you calling other people's posts bollox.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #31709: Sep 05, 2022 05:51:17 pm
      Now Now we're resorting to personal comment like the other F***ing eejit - you know perfectly well I am referring to our Premier League winning season which we had unbelievable luck with injuries.

Right now we are suffering from a lack of luck with injuries and no strength in depth, the manager has no sell to buy candidates due to that same lack of quality in depth.

The owners sit on their F***ing hands while the manager has to work miracles again.

I wasn't talking about any individual season yet you go off in a tangent as is your way.

Over the years we have built a world class squad here.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #31710: Sep 05, 2022 05:51:32 pm
      Thats the one!!!! Exactly! Would a 50 million midfielder who can score and assist made a difference in a season of 38 games? Most f**king likely!

But we should be grateful that we took part in the race and lived the experienced and enjoyed the ride and all that other mantra thats come out of the club since we lost the title in 2014

So that’s all that was needed to gain that extra point- spending ÂŁ50mil on a player , who knew it was so simple 🤦‍♂
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #31711: Sep 05, 2022 05:55:04 pm

Imagine what it would be like if JĂŒrgen had wanted more support you mean.

JĂŒrgen and the recruitment team are just as responsible for how we build a squad as the owners.

He likes a smaller squad.

He's loyal to his lads.

He doesn't like buying players to solve every little issue

He likes to give players room to breathe and develop

There is simply no guarantee buying one more player in any of those season would result in a different outcome.
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31712: Sep 05, 2022 05:55:52 pm
      So that’s all that was needed to gain that extra point- spending ÂŁ50mil on a player , who knew it was so simple 🤦‍♂

No but it would increases the chances no doubt,
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #31713: Sep 05, 2022 05:57:06 pm
      No but it would increases the chances no doubt,

And it might have made no difference at all or the same player could have cost the team- it’s just never as simple as that

It was very fine margins last season and it wasn’t down to transfers
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31714: Sep 05, 2022 06:00:02 pm
      It's official. :D

NESV are the official owners of Liverpool F.C. ;D

Now it's well and truly game on!  :champ:

Bet your sorry you started this thread
. I am.  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #31715: Sep 05, 2022 06:02:20 pm
      Bet your sorry you started this thread
. I am.  ;D

Definitely gets a bit wierd and heated in here at times. And can go round in circles, I'm as guilty as the next man.

You don't have to read it though mate or post here.

There is decent debate to be had and I do with quite a few on this issue but there is a few who simply post lies or opinions passed off as fact that shouldn't be left unchallenged
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31716: Sep 05, 2022 06:04:06 pm
      And it might have made no difference at all or the same player could have cost the team- it’s just never as simple as that

It was very fine margins last season and it wasn’t down to transfers

Am sorry, am going to have to test your actual football knowledge, i dont want to heat about accounts and net spend for a second

We buy a technical midfielder, someone creative etc, who does what our midfield has never really done just to add a different dimension, they arnt injury prone, your telling me it would make no difference as they would be an upgrade on henderson, actually be more available then keita and ox and allow more rotation to prevent burnout, so directly and indirectly you see the benefits of such a purchase

Man utd in 2020 were 6th at the start of jan transfer window, they were shocking, they bought one player in fernandes who lifted the team and made 4th when it seemed impossible to do so, up until that point they didnt have a midfielder who could score and assist

Can you not actually see the flaws with our midfield and its not something new, inability to trap a ball, inability to pass and move in attacking positions, inability to shoot or score

Quick Reply