Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2646611 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31717: Sep 05, 2022 06:05:10 pm
      Definitely gets a bit wierd and heated in here at times. And can go round in circles, in as guilty as the next man.

You don't have to read it though mate or post here.

There is decent debate to be had and I do with quite a few on this issue but there is a few who simply post lies or opinions passed off as fact that shouldn't be left unchallenged

I know Si but get headache just scrolling  :lmao: Yeah obviously good debate which what it’s all about.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31718: Sep 05, 2022 06:05:12 pm
      I do believe we could have signed a player in midfield but not getting it it's not only down to the owners, there is a lot of factors involved. Don't think anyone could have seen that so many players in midfield would be injured just 6 games into the season.

So why do you think we didn't sign a midfielder this summer? And why Jürgen has said he'd like the owners to risk more? Those things unrelated?

We can see the midfield growing older, being injury prone, not being refreshed - current midfield issues are not a bolt from the blue - I can't imagine Jürgen was not worried.
      This has been discussed here long before the window closed, again.  Obviously hope our loanee from Juve is a hit tho, fingers crossed.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31719: Sep 05, 2022 06:10:20 pm
      Am sorry, am going to have to test your actual football knowledge, i dont want to heat about accounts and net spend for a second

We buy a technical midfielder, someone creative etc, who does what our midfield has never really done just to add a different dimension, they arnt injury prone, your telling me it would make no difference as they would be an upgrade on henderson, actually be more available then keita and ox and allow more rotation to prevent burnout, so directly and indirectly you see the benefits of such a purchase

Man utd in 2020 were 6th at the start of jan transfer window, they were shocking, they bought one player in fernandes who lifted the team and made 4th when it seemed impossible to do so, up until that point they didnt have a midfielder who could score and assist

Can you not actually see the flaws with our midfield and its not something new, inability to trap a ball, inability to pass and move in attacking positions, inability to shoot or score
      No one will know how a player will impact the team - Klopp has a certain type of player for his midfield- he is very functional , provides a lot or energy , covering , pressing and key to allowing TAA and Robbo to provide the width - those midfielders allow our full backs to be creative ( best in the league ) - I know playing FIFA it may seem easy to just put a creative midfielder in there but there is a reason why Klopp sets up the team the way he does - even the two midfielders talked about are still the same type of players

And

Inability to trap a ball ? Pass , shoot ? Score ?

Being just a touch silly there

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #31720: Sep 05, 2022 06:13:22 pm
      I know Si but get headache just scrolling  :lmao: Yeah obviously good debate which what it’s all about.

If I want to miss some out and have been away for a while I just go to the last page.😂
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31721: Sep 05, 2022 06:16:46 pm
      No one will know how a player will impact the team - Klopp has a certain type of player for his midfield- he is very functional , provides a lot or energy , covering , pressing and key to allowing TAA and Robbo to provide the width - those midfielders allow our full backs to be creative ( best in the league ) - I know playing FIFA it may seem easy to just put a creative midfielder in there but there is a reason why Klopp sets up the team the way he does - even the two midfielders talked about are still the same type of players

And

Inability to trap a ball ? Pass , shoot ? Score ?

Being just a touch silly there

Football isnt all running and pressing mate, there are midfielders who work hard and press but can also unlock tight defences

Our goals/assists output for our midfield is the worse in the top 6, when you attackers arnt scoring, you do need an option in there for someone to strike it or play a through ball or dribble, our players suck at that
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #31722: Sep 05, 2022 06:20:49 pm
      Our goals/assists output for our midfield is the worse in the top 6, when you attackers arnt scoring, you do need an option in there for someone to strike it or play a through ball or dribble, our players suck at that

You'd be better posting this in either the Jürgen Klopp Thread or the Tactics Thread.

The midfield and profile of player to play in it is by design of the manager and his coaching team.

We recruit for this accordingly.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31723: Sep 05, 2022 06:20:59 pm
      If I want to miss some out and have been away for a while I just go to the last page.😂

I’m hoping JD will set up a ignore thread list, I’ll save a fortune on headache tablets  :lmao:
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31724: Sep 05, 2022 06:24:24 pm
      You'd be better posting this in either the Jürgen Klopp Thread or the Tactics Thread.

The midfield and profile of player to play in it is by design of the manager and his coaching team.

We recruit for this accordingly.

Apologies
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31725: Sep 05, 2022 06:29:32 pm
      Football isnt all running and pressing mate, there are midfielders who work hard and press but can also unlock tight defences

There are tactic thread where it’s explained clearly
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31726: Sep 05, 2022 06:52:59 pm
      No, we need a Liverpool born Billionaire who grew up on the Kop to buy the club and have enough billions left to buy all the good players.

Curtis Warren isn't buying the club!! :lmao:

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31727: Sep 05, 2022 06:56:14 pm
      You’ve got some real mental issues, i think you fap too much or something

A bit like you only commenting on this thread or transfers and not actually talking about the previous games or the upcoming game.

Some would call that suss lad!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #31728: Sep 05, 2022 07:13:52 pm
      I wasn't talking about any individual season yet you go off in a tangent as is your way.

Over the years we have built a world class squad here.

I am avoiding tangents and it's not surprising you avoid individual seasons because the season on season record under FSG is abysmal  reading..
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31729: Sep 05, 2022 07:14:00 pm
      A bit like you only commenting on this thread or transfers and not actually talking about the previous games or the upcoming game.

Yes that equates to mental issues, of course
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31730: Sep 05, 2022 07:17:07 pm

#Snowflake alert.  :P
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31731: Sep 05, 2022 07:18:05 pm

The poker player with the moral of a tory, yes label everyone a snowflake
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31732: Sep 05, 2022 07:20:52 pm

Dont worry keith, brexit will sort out rhe pesky snowflakes and human rights for all yeh! Maybe whilst we at it, those people with memory issues, what do you suggest keith yeh? Deportation?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31733: Sep 05, 2022 07:27:38 pm
      I am avoiding tangents and it's not surprising you avoid individual seasons because the season on season record under FSG is abysmal  reading..

Is it really “abysmal reading”

10/11- they took over with club 16th I think - finished 6th
      11/12 - 8th , won the league cup

12/13 7th - Rodgers came in

13/14 - 2nd

14/15- 6th

15/16 8th - Klopp came in - final of Europa

16/17 4th

17/18  - 4th - CL final

18/19 - 2nd - won CL

19/20 - 1st

20/21 - 4th

21/22 - 2nd , won Lge Cup and FA Cup plus final of CL

So as he said - a world class team has been built up over the years

The 20 years from 91 to 2011 aren’t great reading

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #31734: Sep 05, 2022 07:29:05 pm
      Jürgen has lost 4 finals and come second in the EPL twice within a point imagine what we would have won had he been given more support.

But some on here would rather be where we are, in the black, rather than invest in a proven winner
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31735: Sep 05, 2022 07:29:29 pm
      But Klopp is very clear that the owners back him ?
      Do you expect him to come out on national tv and call them stingey buggers?

You aren’t going on about this summer when you start talking about average over the seasons and look at net spend as finger to point ?
      Not sure what you mean but yes, I am including this transfer window.

It seemed to me that Klopp wanted two players - one went to Madrid and the other can’t be got right now so he was then happy to wait for that other player. It seems he is happy to be paitent and wait and things what he was will be good enough
      At the end of the day, we are short in midfield and are relying on injury-prone players. If as you say, Klopp missed out on Tchouameni and knows he won't get him any time soon, I have to ask why he/they didn't he go for someone else. Don't tell me there isn't another player out there that would fit. I'm not buying that. Ok, they might not be as good as Tchouameni, they might not be Klopp's first choice, but come on. Yes we nabbed Arthur Melo, but that smacks of a desperation last minute purchase. Something isn't adding up.

Klopp is patient but I doubt he is happy to sit spinning his wheels right now when everyone knows our midfield is a crisis waiting to happen (if it hasn't already).

Now Henderson and Keita getting injured changed it and they reacted and brought someone in

At the last minute. Desperate. It's shoddy however you look at it. Come on...if you are only going to get a loanee on the last day because your captain got injured, surely you must have realised before the Hendo injury that you were down to the bare bones.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31736: Sep 05, 2022 07:31:03 pm
      But some on here would rather be where we are, in the black, rather than invest in a proven winner

Are we in the black ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31737: Sep 05, 2022 07:39:28 pm
      Do you expect him to come out on national tv and call them stingey buggers?

I don’t expect him to sign new contract after new contract

Not sure what you mean but yes, I am including this transfer window.
      At the end of the day, we are short in midfield and are relying on injury-prone players. If as you say, Klopp missed out on Tchouameni and knows he won't get him any time soon, I have to ask why he/they didn't he go for someone else. Don't tell me there isn't another player out there that would fit. I'm not buying that. Ok, they might not be as good as Tchouameni, they might not be Klopp's first choice, but come on. Yes we nabbed Arthur Melo, but that smacks of a desperation last minute purchase. Something isn't adding up.

Maybe the other player is Bellingham and he is happy to wait just like he did with VVD ? I’m guessing when they transfer fell down initially did you demand they buy a different CB ?

I have no doubt as they have proven many times that they will have someone lined up to bring in and it don’t think the reason why is because the owners don’t want to pay any money. If the money was there for buy the Tchoumeni then it’s still there now - Klopp and Ward will spend it when it’s the player they want

Klopp is patient but I doubt he is happy to sit spinning his wheels right now when everyone knows our midfield is a crisis waiting to happen (if it hasn't already).

Klopp doesn’t appear to mind waiting - he has done in the past and it will be helped with players returning form injury

At the last minute. Desperate. It's shoddy however you look at it. Come on...if you are only going to get a loanee on the last day because your captain got injured, surely you must have realised before the Hendo injury that you were down to the bare bones.

The only people that truely know the state of the players and what’s needed is the back room staff

Was it Henderson’s injury which is only 3 weeks or was it Keitas and it just took a bit of time to get things sorted , either way it brought someone into the squad which is what people wanted which now leaves - Fab , Elliot, Milner , Carvahlo, Arthur , Thiago and Jones for the three roles with Henderson back in 3 weeks
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #31738: Sep 05, 2022 07:45:02 pm
      Your like walking around Birkenhead shops with a nail sticking through your shoe
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #31739: Sep 05, 2022 08:23:13 pm
      So why do you think we didn't sign a midfielder this summer? And why Jürgen has said he'd like the owners to risk more? Those things unrelated?

We can see the midfield growing older, being injury prone, not being refreshed - current midfield issues are not a bolt from the blue - I can't imagine Jürgen was not worried.
      This has been discussed here long before the window closed, again.  Obviously hope our loanee from Juve is a hit tho, fingers crossed.

Honestly, because the other team wasn't willing to sell for the amount of money we were willing to pay.

I don't think is only down to the owners not willing to spend x amount of money, I also think Jürgen likes to work with a small squad. To me ir seemed that he was ok with the team we had until most of the midfielders got injured, by the time we got Arthur because Henderson got injured there wasn't really a lot of players available.

Quick Reply