Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642312 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31740: Sep 05, 2022 08:26:46 pm

you cant half pick them
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31741: Sep 05, 2022 08:28:10 pm

I donā€™t expect him to sign new contract after new contract
      I do. He loves the city, the people, the club, he feels at home here, and he took the job initially because the project excited him. He even came out and said if he'd have known it was so good here he'd have joined earlier (or words very close to that).

So just because he's signed contracts does not mean he is happy with the FSG backing.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31742: Sep 05, 2022 08:32:02 pm

ā€œItā€™s the way I tell ermā€  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #31743: Sep 05, 2022 09:03:32 pm
      Is it really ā€œabysmal readingā€

10/11- they took over with club 16th I think - finished 6th
      11/12 - 8th , won the league cup

12/13 7th - Rodgers came in

13/14 - 2nd

14/15- 6th

15/16 8th - Klopp came in - final of Europa

16/17 4th

17/18  - 4th - CL final

18/19 - 2nd - won CL

19/20 - 1st

20/21 - 4th

21/22 - 2nd , won Lge Cup and FA Cup plus final of CL

So as he said - a world class team has been built up over the years

The 20 years from 91 to 2011 arenā€™t great reading

When you have supported the club under Shankly,Paisley,Fagan,
      Dalglish, Benitez and Houllier to name a few, the last few years are bleak in comparison.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31744: Sep 05, 2022 09:09:08 pm
      Dalglish, Benitez and Houllier to name a few, the last few years are bleak in comparison.

like all the SKY muppets who think Football started in 92. He is the same nothing before FSG or just ignore anything that doesn't fit with his agenda which has F**k all to do with supporting the club
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31745: Sep 05, 2022 09:09:58 pm

Im guessing it must be age thatā€™s confused you by suggesting that the last few years are bleak compared to GH and Rafa ?

In the last 4 years we have won every trophy going - under Rafa it was 2 trophies ,zero leagues , under GH it was 5 trophies , zero CL and league - the last 4 years are far superior to anything either did

Maybe you need to have a look back and brush up on your history

But you highlight we have one second place under Rafa and one under GH - that was it

And yes I was also around under Bob , Joe , Kenny and even Souness and Roy as well - interesting that you did support back then when the club was run sustainable

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31746: Sep 05, 2022 09:12:08 pm
      like all the SKY muppets who think Football started in 92. He is the same nothing before FSG or just ignore anything that doesn't fit with his agenda which has f**k all to do with supporting the club

Been going to games since the late 70ā€™s 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #31747: Sep 05, 2022 09:14:41 pm

Utter horseshit.

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #31748: Sep 05, 2022 09:17:56 pm
      Jeeeeesus this thread really took off today...  :lmao:

Though it's a bit sad to see all the personal attacks instead of a healthy debate. :-\
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #31749: Sep 05, 2022 09:24:08 pm
      Im guessing it must be age thatā€™s confused you by suggesting that the last few years are bleak compared to GH and Rafa ?

In the last 4 years we have won every trophy going - under Rafa it was 2 trophies ,zero leagues , under GH it was 5 trophies , zero CL and league - the last 4 years are far superior to anything either did

Maybe you need to have a look back and brush up on your history

But you highlight we have one second place under Rafa and one under GH - that was it

And yes I was also around under Bob , Joe , Kenny and even Souness and Roy as well - interesting that you did support back then when the club was run sustainable

You F***ing muppet you totally ignore the Paisley glory years and the great Bill Shankly, you attempt to intimate that I am ignorant about the club I have supported all my life.

If you had supported LFC since the Paisley days you would not be behind FSG,

In simple terms you are a 24 karat bullshitter.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31750: Sep 05, 2022 09:28:20 pm
      You f**king muppet you totally ignore the Paisley glory years and the great Bill Shankly, you attempt to intimate that I am ignorant about the club I have supported all my life.

If you had supported LFC since the Paisley days you would not be behind FSG,

In simple terms you are a 24 karat bullshitter.

I didnā€™t ignore those years 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø I didnā€™t disagree with you on about those

And Iā€™m guessing your ranting is prob out of embarrassment that you suggested the Rafa and GH years make the current years bleak
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #31751: Sep 05, 2022 09:29:11 pm

One example: Sir Bob Paisley 3 CL Trophies!
      F**k me do we have a manc in our midst who denies LFC history to push an agenda?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31752: Sep 05, 2022 09:32:27 pm
      F**k me do we have a manc in our midst who denies LFC history to push an agenda?

Iā€™ve never denied that.  :f_whistle:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #31753: Sep 05, 2022 09:35:48 pm
      I didnā€™t ignore those years 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø I didnā€™t disagree with you on about those

And Iā€™m guessing your ranting is prob out of embarrassment that you suggested the Rafa and GH years make the current years bleak

I suggested no such thing, the cumulative years from Shankly upto the eighties were great times.
      Our saviour JĆ¼rgen probably ranks in there at some level.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #31754: Sep 05, 2022 09:36:52 pm

No reference Keith.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #31755: Sep 05, 2022 09:37:11 pm
      I suggested no such thing, the cumulative years from Shankly upto the eighties were great times.
      Our saviour JĆ¼rgen probably ranks in there at some level.

So why did you mention Rafa and GH when talking about comparisons 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31756: Sep 05, 2022 09:37:27 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #31757: Sep 05, 2022 10:10:20 pm
      So why did you mention Rafa and GH when talking about comparisons 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Cos I like them.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #31758: Sep 05, 2022 10:14:23 pm

:lmao:

F**k me.

That's me done here for a while and once again you've finished me off Stu.

Very difficult to have a decent debate with you. I've had saner conversations with my dog.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #31759: Sep 05, 2022 10:33:04 pm
      :lmao:

F**k me.

That's me done here for a while and once again you've finished me off Stu.

Very difficult to have a decent debate with you. I've had saner conversations with my dog.

Woof woof.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #31760: Sep 06, 2022 02:38:11 am
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31761: Sep 06, 2022 09:35:27 am

Thats not what it's like on here.
      At all.
      Stop trying to cause an argument!
      You must be an FSGer, always stirring :)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31762: Sep 06, 2022 05:00:44 pm
      F**kin Hell, and I mean, f***in HELL, this debate honestly would keep Westminster going for f***in years, but unfortunately there is absolutely no honour, to have two (mainly) excellent posters going at each other hammer and tongs where it is abundantly clear neither will win the debate, may be entertaining to a few but quite honestly guys itā€™s boring the f***in sh*te out of us,

Two things need to happen, 1, you BOTH agree to disagree
                                               2, get in a f***in ring and sort it out

My take on it is this, and Iā€™m as humble as they come, Iā€™ve also been a Red since the mid 70ā€™s and I can honestly say we havenā€™t had it this good since Shanks built the foundationā€™s and Sir Bob built the cathedral, weā€™ve been blessed with club stalwarts in Moran, Fagan, Bennet, Dalglish, Houllier/Evans with the odd blip here and there, Souness, Hodgeson, but for the most part over 60 odd years we have done pretty well when you look in the trophy room,

All that success, all those memories have been gotten because we DIDā€™NT get sucked into landing the club in the Sh*te, H&G almost killed us off BECAUSE they wanted to load the club with debt with their leveraged buying of the club, and thank f**k they didnā€™t because weā€™d be call something like Anfield Athletic, playing against f***in Halifax or somebody,

At the end of the day FSG like them or loathe them are doing a very decent job, now we can all argue that they indeed could spend more on transferā€™s, but, hereā€™s the rub, they very obviously have this plan, to let the club run itself without handouts from the owners every time we think we need to buy, JĆ¼rgen isnā€™t daft, if he didnā€™t like the model, he wouldnā€™t have signed up, and indeed extend, he knows he has a budget to work with and he is absolutely fine with it, if he wasnā€™t Iā€™m sure he would make some ructions and probably and ultimately walk away,

But he hasnā€™t and he wonā€™t, so in the end it is what it is and if he can accept it then so should we, Iā€™m old school too, like a lot of you are, and I do think this is the best and only way to run this club, this institution of ours, and I honestly donā€™t think Iā€™d get the same feeling of elation winning the title, winning the CL if we had the same financial backing as Citeh or Chavs, it just isnā€™t the same, to just go out and buy whatever piece of the jigsaw, no matter what it costā€™s to bring about your successes, or for that matter be absolutely drowning in debt that eventually it will swallow you up, no matter how big you are,

Thereā€™s absolutely no doubt that whoever comes in after FSG will probably have to have the financial backing of a oil Sheik for them to make it viable, the David Moores(RIP) type club owner has long been dead & buried, so for me unfortunately we will probably end up ā€˜Buyingā€™ our future successes too, however I sincerely hope Iā€™m not around to witness it,

WE are a very well run club, WE are NOT riddled with Debt, WE can compete with the oily lot both domestically and in Europe, We're financially stable, WE have further investment interestā€™s from bodies such as Redbird, so itā€™s unlikely weā€™d get dragged into the sh*te, and WE continue to grow and grow,

I like where weā€™re at right now, playing the best style of football arguably on the planet, we have a group of players who would run thru that proverbial wall for JĆ¼rgen Klopp, we are as competitive as we possibly can be, WITH WHAT WE HAVE, so what more do you want ??

You donā€™t have to look too far to see how far away from the sh*te we could have been in, across the park, and up the East Lancs Rd, there will be a spade in the ground within 60 days some w*nk Yank said once, take a look at our Home now ppl, and tell me FSG arenā€™t doing a good job !!

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply