Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643522 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31763: Sep 06, 2022 05:44:28 pm
      F**kin Hell, and I mean, f***in HELL, this debate honestly would keep Westminster going for f***in years, but unfortunately there is absolutely no honour, to have two (mainly) excellent posters going at each other hammer and tongs where it is abundantly clear neither will win the debate, may be entertaining to a few but quite honestly guys it’s boring the f***in sh*te out of us,

Two things need to happen, 1, you BOTH agree to disagree
                                               2, get in a f***in ring and sort it out

My take on it is this, and I’m as humble as they come, I’ve also been a Red since the mid 70’s and I can honestly say we haven’t had it this good since Shanks built the foundation’s and Sir Bob built the cathedral, we’ve been blessed with club stalwarts in Moran, Fagan, Bennet, Dalglish, Houllier/Evans with the odd blip here and there, Souness, Hodgeson, but for the most part over 60 odd years we have done pretty well when you look in the trophy room,

All that success, all those memories have been gotten because we DID’NT get sucked into landing the club in the Sh*te, H&G almost killed us off BECAUSE they wanted to load the club with debt with their leveraged buying of the club, and thank f**k they didn’t because we’d be call something like Anfield Athletic, playing against f***in Halifax or somebody,

At the end of the day FSG like them or loathe them are doing a very decent job, now we can all argue that they indeed could spend more on transfer’s, but, here’s the rub, they very obviously have this plan, to let the club run itself without handouts from the owners every time we think we need to buy, Jürgen isn’t daft, if he didn’t like the model, he wouldn’t have signed up, and indeed extend, he knows he has a budget to work with and he is absolutely fine with it, if he wasn’t I’m sure he would make some ructions and probably and ultimately walk away,

But he hasn’t and he won’t, so in the end it is what it is and if he can accept it then so should we, I’m old school too, like a lot of you are, and I do think this is the best and only way to run this club, this institution of ours, and I honestly don’t think I’d get the same feeling of elation winning the title, winning the CL if we had the same financial backing as Citeh or Chavs, it just isn’t the same, to just go out and buy whatever piece of the jigsaw, no matter what it cost’s to bring about your successes, or for that matter be absolutely drowning in debt that eventually it will swallow you up, no matter how big you are,

There’s absolutely no doubt that whoever comes in after FSG will probably have to have the financial backing of a oil Sheik for them to make it viable, the David Moores(RIP) type club owner has long been dead & buried, so for me unfortunately we will probably end up ‘Buying’ our future successes too, however I sincerely hope I’m not around to witness it,

WE are a very well run club, WE are NOT riddled with Debt, WE can compete with the oily lot both domestically and in Europe, We're financially stable, WE have further investment interest’s from bodies such as Redbird, so it’s unlikely we’d get dragged into the sh*te, and WE continue to grow and grow,

I like where we’re at right now, playing the best style of football arguably on the planet, we have a group of players who would run thru that proverbial wall for Jürgen Klopp, we are as competitive as we possibly can be, WITH WHAT WE HAVE, so what more do you want ??

You don’t have to look too far to see how far away from the sh*te we could have been in, across the park, and up the East Lancs Rd, there will be a spade in the ground within 60 days some w*nk Yank said once, take a look at our Home now ppl, and tell me FSG aren’t doing a good job !!

Y  N  W  A

Good post for a scouser, not much expletives too.  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31764: Sep 07, 2022 09:35:05 am
      Good post for a scouser, not much expletives too.  :lmao:

f***in cheers, Manc Cnut 🖕😜
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31765: Sep 07, 2022 09:46:02 am

That’s better.  :P
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31766: Sep 07, 2022 10:03:45 pm
      Well lucky we have 9 midfielders to pick from against Wolves. Don't hear that quoted back on here too often anymore. F**k sake.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #31767: Sep 07, 2022 10:34:21 pm
      Well lucky we have 9 midfielders to pick from against Wolves. Don't hear that quoted back on here too often anymore. F**k sake.

Haha where’s that Yank gone 😁

moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #31768: Sep 07, 2022 10:34:31 pm
      If FSG took over from Moores in 2006, i do wonder if they would have been protested out with this ‘sustainability’ model, or is it because the bar was set so low with H&G, all they had to do is avoid the club getting into financial trouble to be on the good side with the vast majority of supporters
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31769: Sep 07, 2022 10:38:41 pm
      Nothing to be said really nothing will change unless they see the value of their asset fall. Its too late now anyway and January is poor for quality signings.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #31770: Sep 07, 2022 10:45:10 pm
      Going to get noisy in here again...
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #31771: Sep 07, 2022 10:50:08 pm
      Haha where’s that Yank gone 😁

9 for one position he said 😂
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #31772: Sep 08, 2022 12:53:45 am
      Haha you knew the moment we drop points the usual stooges run to this thread. As predictable as there is.

Microcosm of today’s society. No personal (player)  accountability, instead it’s always someone else’s fault.
      « Last Edit: Sep 08, 2022 01:05:19 am by CT_LFC »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #31773: Sep 08, 2022 02:14:47 am
      Haha you knew the moment we drop points the usual stooges run to this thread. As predictable as there is.

Microcosm of today’s society. No personal (player)  accountability, instead it’s always someone else’s fault.

I mean it's not just "them" that run to this thread though is it?

Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #31774: Oct 02, 2022 12:01:43 pm
      So with us looking like top 4 is off the question is will Bellingham sign for a club outside the top 4? The answer to that is a strong no.

With the above mentioned where does that put our last transfer window?

Will the ones who back fsg and said there's no other midfielder in the world that improves us, other than the guy that will probably reject us next summer, hold up their hands and realise fsg have royaly fu**ed up over the last three years when it comes to recruitment?

Who tf decided it was clever to pay £85m (or whatever it is exactly) to sign Nunez? Was it Klopp or the board? Mask it however you want but this guy can barely make a 5 yard pass.

Who tf signed Arthur and what happened to "there's no midfielder out there for us"? This guy will not play much under Klopp trust me.

Who tf signed an injured right back who has never played at this level?

Who tf thought it was a good idea for us to rely on two youngsters in Carvalho and Elliot as our midfield saviours? Fabio has been dragged off twice now. Poor kid. Bags of talent but this is the Prem and the step up is real. Remember Taarabt in the Championship looking like Ronaldinho? The step up is brutal. He needs time.

What happens from here? We don't have United money to buy our way back up the table.

Teams have overtaken us, like some of us said, when the window closed.

It's really bad and Mane leaving is making more sense every week.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31775: Oct 02, 2022 01:07:49 pm
      So with us looking like top 4 is off the question is will Bellingham sign for a club outside the top 4? The answer to that is a strong no.

With the above mentioned where does that put our last transfer window?

Will the ones who back fsg and said there's no other midfielder in the world that improves us, other than the guy that will probably reject us next summer, hold up their hands and realise fsg have royaly fu**ed up over the last three years when it comes to recruitment?

Who tf decided it was clever to pay £85m (or whatever it is exactly) to sign Nunez? Was it Klopp or the board? Mask it however you want but this guy can barely make a 5 yard pass.

Who tf signed Arthur and what happened to "there's no midfielder out there for us"? This guy will not play much under Klopp trust me.

Who tf signed an injured right back who has never played at this level?

Who tf thought it was a good idea for us to rely on two youngsters in Carvalho and Elliot as our midfield saviours? Fabio has been dragged off twice now. Poor kid. Bags of talent but this is the Prem and the step up is real. Remember Taarabt in the Championship looking like Ronaldinho? The step up is brutal. He needs time.

What happens from here? We don't have United money to buy our way back up the table.

Teams have overtaken us, like some of us said, when the window closed.

It's really bad and Mane leaving is making more sense every week.

Who says we're going to be able to afford?

Who says we're actively courting him?

How do you know we'll actually bid for him, when we could be looking at other players?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31776: Oct 02, 2022 01:10:02 pm

Don't think any players post on here to take actual responsibility for the sh*te you had to watch yesterday you know!!
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #31777: Oct 02, 2022 01:17:08 pm
      Who says we're going to be able to afford?

Who says we're actively courting him?

How do you know we'll actually bid for him, when we could be looking at other players?

You could be right but then it doesn't explain not signing the midfielders we so desperately needed this summer gone
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31778: Oct 02, 2022 01:47:34 pm
      You could be right but then it doesn't explain not signing the midfielders we so desperately needed this summer gone

We're those midfielders available? One binned us off for Madrid. Bellingham was never up for sale officially. How do we know Ward is up to speed like Edwards? Edwards would have definitely had a plan b in place. Maybe it is Klopp's decision. Either way there is F**k all that can be done and it's now on those in the squad playing the shirt to actually produce.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #31779: Oct 02, 2022 02:47:16 pm
      The truth is, this is all speculation. Nobody really knows if Klopp chose who to buy, and who not to buy.
      Did FSG offer the funds but Klopp couldn’t secure the player ?
      Previous figures and spending stats mean F**k all. it’s about now, and nobody knows what’s been agreed between owners and management, but always someone to slate one or the other.

If there was some truly accurate inside information, and not speculation, this might be a more interesting read.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31780: Oct 02, 2022 02:57:06 pm
      The truth is, this is all speculation. Nobody really knows if Klopp chose who to buy, and who not to buy.
      Did FSG offer the funds but Klopp couldn’t secure the player ?
      Previous figures and spending stats mean F**k all. it’s about now, and nobody knows what’s been agreed between owners and management, but always someone to slate one or the other.

If there was some truly accurate inside information, and not speculation, this might be a more interesting read.

F**k all to do with Klopp not securing the players. That's not his job, that's Julian Ward's job (Michael Edwards replacement)
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #31781: Oct 02, 2022 03:21:09 pm
      Make no doubt about it, there is no doubt, the owners have took the biscuit while Klopp has been here and backed him what? What percentage would you say they backed such a great man manager? I'd say 35 percent, think I may be being generous there too, yes they employed and appointed Klopp here in the first place, I do thank them and appreciate that tremendously obviously.
       Here's the thing, I feel deep down over the time Jürgen has been here, he's been disrespected by the owners so many times, every now and again I feel surprised he hasn't just walked away, it's insulting to him. Jürgen must be a really down to earth count your blessings person for him not to have walked out given at some points we really needed people here, the defense famine era for instance. Think he never walked out because he'd be leaving the fans in despair and other reasons only be known to him and to sign the contract extension was so cool.
       The owners are stingemingebag penny pinching ultra mega rich people and here we all are fighting among each other to defend their bank accounts and make sure they never lose any pennies ooo wahh, makes me sick to my stomach
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2022 05:17:54 pm by Crunchycrisps »
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #31782: Oct 02, 2022 03:21:22 pm
      We're those midfielders available? One binned us off for Madrid. Bellingham was never up for sale officially. How do we know Ward is up to speed like Edwards? Edwards would have definitely had a plan b in place. Maybe it is Klopp's decision. Either way there is f**k all that can be done and it's now on those in the squad playing the shirt to actually produce.

We're big enough to prize a player from his club. He could start the morning loving his club and end the day wanting out because Liverpool FC have come in for him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31783: Oct 02, 2022 03:49:11 pm
      no point is discussing the owners.Subject is closed.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31784: Oct 02, 2022 03:52:06 pm
      City 6 goals against United, who beat us.
      Even if all our players were playing well and Nunez had hit the ground running was going to be a huge task to finish ahead of them.

THAT was supposed to be the bar, what we were aiming to try to do.  Not beat Brighton and Fulham.
      That injury prone aging midfield was going to be able to compete with them, and others, on all fronts. So we were told. 9 midfielders. All's good.

Can't be arsed posting in here when not in or around transfer windows, what's the point?!
      Even then usual suspects will come out and defend FSG and tell us we have what we need anyway.

Shame results have to tank before some can be arsed sit up. Nothing we can do about it now though except hope Jürgen and the lads can turn things around. We're better than we are at the moment. But even on form, good enough to finish ahead of City?
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #31785: Oct 02, 2022 04:07:57 pm
      Time for this lot to back their manager (abit late now as we need 4 or 5) or f**k off. I'm sick to death of them.

Before klopp took over we were 14th after 5 years of failure under fsg.

The signs are there that When he leaves we will be right back to where we were.

Ageing team, unmotivated and in decline. They won't back Jürgen Klopp ... just think about that for a second. And just think about the state we would be in if Jürgen walked ... and I wouldn't blame him.

F**k off fsg. And f**k off asap. Take your profit which will be billions and just f**k off.

Quick Reply