Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2762874 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #32683: Mar 09, 2023 05:59:56 pm
      6 players out, four of which barely kick a ball for us, and three first teamers in is how you run a football club.

Not the point Si, how does the manager raise the funds to overhaul the team?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #32684: Mar 09, 2023 06:02:43 pm

So we sell or release no longer needed , that frees up wages and then incoming players will arrive that the manager wants that will play - seems standard squad management

How does Klopp raise the dosh to overhaul the squad?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,897 posts | 3394 
      Reply #32685: Mar 09, 2023 06:11:10 pm
      How does Klopp raise the dosh to overhaul the squad?

From multiple revenues within the club including player sales

• Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,107 posts | 83 
      Reply #32686: Mar 09, 2023 06:29:20 pm
      I also wouldnt mind to let Alison‘s contract expire to give it to Kelleher. I like him very much and Alisson has some bonehead plays every now and then.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,897 posts | 3394 
      Reply #32687: Mar 09, 2023 06:40:59 pm
      I also wouldnt mind to let Alison‘s contract expire to give it to Kelleher. I like him very much and Alisson has some bonehead plays every now and then.

You must be on a wind up
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Reply #32688: Mar 09, 2023 06:46:34 pm

Really  :mad:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,214 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #32689: Mar 09, 2023 06:46:36 pm

WHAT? !!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #32690: Mar 09, 2023 07:05:49 pm

How is the comedy career panning out?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6377 
      Reply #32691: Mar 09, 2023 07:10:31 pm

Do everyone a favor and don’t procreate.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #32692: Mar 09, 2023 07:16:36 pm
       :lmao:
      Do everyone a favor and don’t procreate.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #32693: Mar 09, 2023 07:46:32 pm

From multiple revenues within the club including player sales

Are these the "multiple revenues" that the manager made use of to assemble the world beating squad??
      The outgoing players are of no use to the manager or anyone else.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,897 posts | 3394 
      Reply #32694: Mar 09, 2023 07:49:23 pm

Are these the "multiple revenues" that the manager made use of to assemble the world beating squad??

I’m sure that makes sense to someone 🤷‍♂️
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,440 posts | 208 
      Reply #32695: Mar 10, 2023 08:16:18 am

We won’t spend 200m without investments but you’re making it out we have nothing to spend without sales

It’s clear even last summer money was there to spend but klopp didn’t felt the need to buy a cm

I can go in detail if you wish but as a ball park number

I would imagine we can easily spend 80-100m this year due to what the club generates, especially considering our wages will decrease too

The issue is which is why we are seeking investment is we are looking to spend more

But if we can throw in some sales of younger players which we do each year, hopefully we can increase that figure

Also if we can spread payments over years like arsenal have done, they could help too

Have a look at how much we paid back for the loan recently etc to show we are using 20-30m per year to pay it back which we could use for transfers

Then add in the normal 50-60-70m we spend and we get to 100m

Plus add on wages decreases from players going and sales

Remember we generate a lot of money and last year we could have bought a 60m cm and we paid back 25m I think it was for a loan

That’s 85m that was there and ready

The problem we have is we clearly want Bellingham

He’s going to cost 100m

Then add a cb for 30m

Another cm for 40-50m

I think we only need 2 cm and a cb to fight for the title again but the issue is the only teams that can spend 200m per summer are wealthy owners and those that take loans

I am convinced if we get top 4, we will buy Bellingham and a cm

Then if we don’t get investment we won’t do more business till year after where we sort the defence
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32696: Mar 10, 2023 11:52:24 am

I like most of the members in these boards have for the most part read your posts and quietly whispered ‘F**k Me’ under our collective breath, now I just shake my head in disbelief, in fact, when I see your avatar I decide there and then, nah I’m not wasting my time reading whatever Sh*te you type, but but but, keep them coming dipshit cos if anything they are a reminder that not everyone has the mental capability to make any sense !!!

Bonehead !!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #32697: Mar 10, 2023 11:58:08 am
      We won’t spend 200m without investments but you’re making it out we have nothing to spend without sales

It’s clear even last summer money was there to spend but klopp didn’t felt the need to buy a cm

I can go in detail if you wish but as a ball park number

I would imagine we can easily spend 80-100m this year due to what the club generates, especially considering our wages will decrease too

The issue is which is why we are seeking investment is we are looking to spend more

But if we can throw in some sales of younger players which we do each year, hopefully we can increase that figure

Also if we can spread payments over years like arsenal have done, they could help too

Have a look at how much we paid back for the loan recently etc to show we are using 20-30m per year to pay it back which we could use for transfers

Then add in the normal 50-60-70m we spend and we get to 100m

Plus add on wages decreases from players going and sales

Remember we generate a lot of money and last year we could have bought a 60m cm and we paid back 25m I think it was for a loan

That’s 85m that was there and ready

The problem we have is we clearly want Bellingham

He’s going to cost 100m

Then add a cb for 30m

Another cm for 40-50m

I think we only need 2 cm and a cb to fight for the title again but the issue is the only teams that can spend 200m per summer are wealthy owners and those that take loans

I am convinced if we get top 4, we will buy Bellingham and a cm

Then if we don’t get investment we won’t do more business till year after where we sort the defence

Your faith in the 'hand in the pocket' scenario with FSG who themselves have consistently said they will not financially back the club is admirable although foolish in light of the historics.

You say Klopp did not feel we needed a midfielder when the consensus is we have lost ground in the Prem for that very reason.
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2023 12:03:52 pm by stuey »
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,440 posts | 208 
      Reply #32698: Mar 10, 2023 12:42:53 pm
      Your faith in the 'hand in the pocket' scenario with FSG who themselves have consistently said they will not financially back the club is admirable although foolish in light of the historics.

You say Klopp did not feel we needed a midfielder when the consensus is we have lost ground in the Prem for that very reason.

I am saying the club generates revenue to spend in players, it’s not difficult to understand that

I also said klopp did not want a cm but in the end made bids when the error was shown which shows money is there
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts | 50 
      Reply #32699: Mar 10, 2023 12:57:29 pm
      That’s just mental ;D
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 573 posts | 52 
      Reply #32700: Mar 10, 2023 02:02:49 pm

You should stop taking the drugs,it allegedly clouds the memory.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #32701: Mar 10, 2023 02:04:15 pm
      I am saying the club generates revenue to spend in players, it’s not difficult to understand that

Oh, but it is. Very.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #32702: Mar 10, 2023 02:19:58 pm
      I hear what you're saying, but end of the day, every club in the world would be lucky to have Alisson as their first choice goalkeeper. I've seen some dodgy keepers between the sticks and Anfield over the last 20 years, but nothing like the dodgy stuff we see from Alisson. As my youngest lad said, Alisson might be dodgy now and again with the ball at his feet, but I literally cannot remember a single mistake he's made with his hands. If he gives the opposition a total of three goals a season because of his footwork, I'd still be thankful he's our keeper.

And yes, Kelleher is a very good keeper. That lad is as cool as the other side of the pillow.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #32703: Mar 10, 2023 03:08:27 pm
      Spend some money FSG sick of excuses, shadow speak, pretend posturing, two stooges on here bum licking them and protecting their billions for what free? Two people on here doing it for free all this I'll reply to every post to do with billionaires not spending the required amount. We are mega super fantastically lucky that Klopp chose to come here considering he was on a huge break from football and any club in the world would want him there.
      Sick of excuses and just doing enough, get the F***ing money out you stingbag bas**rds.
      I'm not angry btw, hard to tell someones tone from text.
      This is the honest opinion and it's been there from near enough the start of these lying weirdos taking over the club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,897 posts | 3394 
      Reply #32704: Mar 10, 2023 03:33:41 pm
      This is good news

Encouragingly, a quote from Paul Joyce in The Times has stated that: “Henry revealed that the president of FSG, Mike Gordon, has resumed his involvement with the running of the club, having taken a break over the winter.”

Klopp has stated a number of times how key Gordon is
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #32705: Mar 10, 2023 03:44:49 pm
      I hear what you're saying, but end of the day, every club in the world would be lucky to have Alisson as their first choice goalkeeper. I've seen some dodgy keepers between the sticks and Anfield over the last 20 years, but nothing like the dodgy stuff we see from Alisson. As my youngest lad said, Alisson might be dodgy now and again with the ball at his feet, but I literally cannot remember a single mistake he's made with his hands. If he gives the opposition a total of three goals a season because of his footwork, I'd still be thankful he's our keeper.

And yes, Kelleher is a very good keeper. That lad is as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Kelleher looks the real deal. Hard to imagine him wanting to stay as backup much longer. Not just does he deserve to be a starter, long, successful careers are not guaranteed and he will want to secure a longer, more lucrative contract sooner rather than later, and you can get that as a starter.

Quick Reply