Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642055 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #32729: Mar 15, 2023 01:34:38 pm

Thanks Pete.  :lmao: Not sure there can be any complaints at that surly?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #32730: Mar 15, 2023 01:37:49 pm
      You can just imagine the outrage from certain people- of course none of them actually go to games

If we all got a freebie pass from FSG like your good self it would be nice 😁

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32731: Mar 15, 2023 01:50:56 pm

If we all got a freebie pass from FSG like your good self it would be nice 😁

🤷ā€ā™‚ļø no freebies here
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #32732: Mar 15, 2023 02:30:08 pm
      You should just try buy some eggs around my way there very limited supply of them itā€™s lucky I got my own supply 😁

We also have a local chicken lady...although I feel like I'm doing a drug deal when we pick them up ;D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #32733: Mar 15, 2023 02:35:04 pm
      We also have a local chicken lady...although I feel like I'm doing a drug deal when we pick them up ;D
      🤣🤣
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #32734: Mar 15, 2023 10:16:06 pm
      Not sure if itā€™s complacency or arrogance buts thatā€™s how we have ended up here.

Believing the hype that JĆ¼rgen can turn water into wine!

Maybe a bit of time out of the CL will get the club to refocus on what needs sorting out inc the coaching and fitness dept, both of which have been at an amateur league standard this season.

Clearly the Reddy piece on the club was a lot closer to the truth as itā€™s a shambles behind the scenes.
      « Last Edit: Mar 15, 2023 11:46:51 pm by HScRed1 »
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #32735: Mar 16, 2023 10:28:19 am
      Excuses already starting to come out that missing out on top 4 is going to affect our targets. Funny that United signed Casemiro, Arsenal signed Jesus without champions league football.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #32736: Mar 16, 2023 12:45:45 pm
      Excuses already starting to come out that missing out on top 4 is going to affect our targets. Funny that United signed Casemiro, Arsenal signed Jesus without champions league football.

Funny that we signed Gini and Mane without CL football.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32737: Mar 16, 2023 12:46:30 pm

What excuses and from who ?

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #32738: Mar 16, 2023 01:13:38 pm

Ex Liverpool player who became sports pundits were saying that missing on top 4 is going to affect our budget and our targets. Funny cause a mid table club like Newcastle managed to sign Burno G, West Ham managed to sign Paquetta whilst being a mid table club at best ;D.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32739: Mar 16, 2023 01:15:30 pm
      Ex Liverpool player who became sports pundits were saying that missing on top 4 is going to affect our budget and our targets. Funny cause a mid table club like Newcastle managed to sign Burno G, West Ham managed to sign Paquetta whilst being a mid table club at best ;D.

Who gives a sh*t what they say 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 120 
      Reply #32740: Mar 16, 2023 03:17:42 pm
      I have just read this (part of a longer article) but this made me spit out my tea choking laughing ....

"A long list of names is being surveyed to ensure money is spent in the best way possible. What is clear is the willingness of Liverpoolā€™s owner, Fenway Sports Group, to oversee the strategic signings that it believes can restore the clubā€™s standing."

Yeh.... right.  :lmao: :lmao: Just add -  "providing it doesn't mean they have to spend anything"....

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #32741: Mar 16, 2023 04:26:20 pm
      Next three games look daunting so there will surely have to be a creative way of finding the money if we don't make the CL places. Will this accelerate the search for new investment? What chance of a better deal in the current economic climate? The owners have kind of f*cked themselves over a bit here.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #32742: Mar 16, 2023 06:47:52 pm
      We have a decent pot to spend, itā€™s clear, even last year we left some in the bank as we couldnā€™t get the midfield player we wanted and we did bid big

I genuinely believe we will have a big net spend of around 100m in the summer

The problem we have is 100m would only get Bellingham who klopp clearly wants

So the issue is how we bring in another top cm as we do need another as I expect 3 to leave, maybe we can sell a couple of players to Bring another in

The lack of cl footy will mean less spending but I see that is not buying a cb and keeping what we have

We donā€™t need much, our attackers are sorted, and I most of our midfield, just need a couple

Full backs are fine, yes Trent is not good enough defensive wise but we have to try to improve him, cb could do with work but we could last another season with the same

Thiago, baj, hendo, fab and Elliott are fine to keep in cm and bring in another couple and it could transform us

I remember when we signed vvd and suddenly we jumped two levels with just one player, which shows just adding the missing piece to the jigsaw can seriously just be one or two players

The problem is we are a season too late to fix the cm issue which has pissed everyone off who support the team
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #32743: Mar 16, 2023 08:18:04 pm
      VVD said we need to sign some players to compete. Yeah obviously some players are not happy about this situation.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32744: Mar 16, 2023 08:21:36 pm
      VVD said we need to sign some players to compete. Yeah obviously some players are not happy about this situation.

Maybe he should concentrate on his own performances first
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #32745: Mar 16, 2023 08:23:42 pm

Maybe he should concentrate on his own performances first

I hate it when players come out with things like this.

Take it up with the boss behind close door if you are worried. Don't share it with the world.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32746: Mar 16, 2023 08:25:58 pm
      I hate it when players come out with things like this.

Take it up with the boss behind close door if you are worried. Don't share it with the world.

Yep agree - I hope and expect itā€™s been taken out of context though
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #32747: Mar 16, 2023 08:36:26 pm

Did he really say that ? Poor of he did, he is a leader and stuff like this should be done behind doors

Everyone knows we need a couple of new starting 11 players, no need to sht more on the current lot, just have to take the medicine this year

Personally I believe we need a proper shift from the club, what made us so good ? What in the current profile isnā€™t working ?

What annoys me is when we have an injury situation or a specific position issue, we seem to have a crisis way over the top than it should be, such as the cb situation and now the midfield, this needs to be addressed by having a better defensive structure rather than one extreme to another

I still feel at our very best we had a workman like midfield that stopped other teams from playing, almost a robotic midfield with wjan, hendo and fab, I prefer that to a more offensive minded and smaller midfield

Itā€™s like we need to get back to basics, bring in horses and get back being tough and annoying to be played against. Bring proper ball winners to get control of the midfield again

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #32748: Mar 16, 2023 09:04:10 pm
      VVD: "If we want to be where we have been the last five years, we need quality imports, especially with those players leaving."

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #32749: Mar 16, 2023 09:08:14 pm
      Maybe he was directing it at those in Boston.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32750: Mar 16, 2023 09:11:12 pm
      Maybe he was directing it at those in Boston.

Maybe he should shut up and sort his own form out first
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #32751: Mar 16, 2023 09:29:07 pm
      Maybe he should shut up and sort his own form out first

Too right. From being a rock at the back heā€™s become far too slow and cumbersome.

Quick Reply