Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643521 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #32752: Mar 16, 2023 09:34:15 pm
      Don't see a major issue with Virgil's comments. Yeah he's probably not best placed to be commenting as  he needs to sort his own form, however it's clear we need big investment to compete and not just a bit of tinkering around the edges. It's not exactly revealing team secrets is it. Maybe he worries we won't get that if the narrative created by other parties prevails.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #32753: Mar 16, 2023 09:58:23 pm
      Maybe he should shut up and sort his own form out first

Is he not allowed to speak how he feels, just because it might suggest your beloved over lords are tight fuckers 😂

Players are leaving so it’s not some big secret we need reinforcements
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32754: Mar 16, 2023 10:03:32 pm
      Is he not allowed to speak how he feels, just because it might suggest your beloved over lords are tight fuckers 😂

Players are leaving so it’s not some big secret we need reinforcements

He should be concentrating on sorting his own sh*t out first instead of talking about transfers - it’s not his place
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #32755: Mar 16, 2023 10:27:02 pm

He should be concentrating on sorting his own sh*t out first instead of talking about transfers - it’s not his place

What is his place exactly, if he’s asked a question you expect him to say no comment.

Stop being the forum dickhead as usual.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32756: Mar 16, 2023 10:32:55 pm
      What is his place exactly, if he’s asked a question you expect him to say no comment.

Stop being the forum dickhead as usual.

His place is to not give headlines that simple pricks like you leap upon especially when him himself has been guilty of poor form and a reason why the season has been sh*te.

He is supposed to be a leader - so shut the F**k up and concentrate on sorting out your own sh*t performances for the rest of the season - if he wants to talk about signings then do it behind closed doors with the manager
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #32757: Mar 16, 2023 10:49:02 pm
      His place is to not give headlines that simple pricks like you leap upon especially when him himself has been guilty of poor form and a reason why the season has been sh*te.

He is supposed to be a leader - so shut the f**k up and concentrate on sorting out your own sh*t performances for the rest of the season - if he wants to talk about signings then do it behind closed doors with the manager

You still live in the 1970’s 🤣🤣

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #32758: Mar 16, 2023 10:49:10 pm
      VVD: "If we want to be where we have been the last five years, we need quality imports, especially with those players leaving."

Nothing much wrong with saying that to be honest.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #32759: Mar 16, 2023 10:59:42 pm
      This coming summer is perhaps the most important in a long time.  We will see if FSG really want to compete at the top level.  They have done alot of good for the club , 2 new stands , training facility etc.. Won every trophy to be won in the last 5 years.  But they're not perfect. I feel their transfer policy could be better. 

Maybe Klopp/FSG  thought they could get one more year out of that midfield then get Bellingham. I really don't know what goes on behind closed doors. None of us do to be fair.

We bought VVD and Ali with the Coutinho money, that's fairly obvious. We bought quality in Diaz. I think Nunez will come good and probably Gakpo as well. 

We also have some fine young quality youth coming through. Bajetic Elliot Carvalho (why he doesnt more game time has me scratching my head)

Let's look at some possible assets we could sell on to raise money for a rebuild.  Because I don't believe we will have a net spend of 200m this summer. We will have to unload a player or 2.

Would anyone consider selling Mo? , I have read PSG are interested.
      Also Jota could make us some cash , Newcastle has been linked to him.
      Fabinho has probably run his course here. He's worth something to somebody.
      Matip has some value.
      Gomez also , but he will probably stay because the homegrown rule.

Of course all this is speculation and rumors.

We simply can't afford to fall too far behind our closest competitors.

This summer will be very telling

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #32760: Mar 16, 2023 11:15:18 pm
      Nothing much wrong with saying that to be honest.

No not really, although if we had the best CB in the world playing as the best CB in the world it would help immensely.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #32761: Mar 17, 2023 10:27:28 pm
      Don't see a major issue with Virgil's comments. Yeah he's probably not best placed to be commenting as  he needs to sort his own form, however it's clear we need big investment to compete and not just a bit of tinkering around the edges. It's not exactly revealing team secrets is it. Maybe he worries we won't get that if the narrative created by other parties prevails.

I wouldn't have an issue if if came from a position of him being in top form himself but he's been average at best this season.

And if we're all honest if he wasn't Virgil Van Dijk he'd probably have got a hell of a lot more criticism.

Millsy75
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts | 40 
      Reply #32762: Mar 17, 2023 10:35:16 pm
      I wouldn't have an issue if if came from a position of him being in top form himself but he's been average at best this season.

And if we're all honest if he wasn't Virgil Van Dijk he'd probably have got a hell of a lot more criticism.
      were wide open down the middle every game due to kids playing in midfield caused by fsg spending fa every window.virg isnt a miracle worker
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #32763: Mar 18, 2023 10:07:19 am

Think Alis comments mean more than VVD basically calling out attitudes
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #32764: Mar 18, 2023 10:20:05 am
      I can't see this being all done for next season, what I mean is the players needed and the coaching time to make it all work for next season, think it's going to be 2 or 3 seasons unfortunately, probably the wrong thread but the players while they held out in the game, there is no energy in the team other than then two new forwards, Gakpo and Nunez, Thiago would have given a certain type of energy in that game even though he is getting on. No zip zest or whatever words you want to choose. Which is dodgy for us expecially out of all the teams in the world because anything we had under Klopp was from that work rate, energy and tenacity which is absent from the team this year.
       I have quite a few concerns about Liverpool and the future. One major one is all this Bellingham thing, if they show off (the owners) and just buy him and a couple of youngsters thinking oo we did it fans look at us supporting you. What if Bellingham gets injured? What then. We need about 3 midfielders of playing age not for the future, and Centre backs too, it's got to be done.
       We need new tactics too have done ever since Klopp started here, against defensive teams we always struggle and can't dance around playing beautiful football to create the chances, it's all gung ho and crude football with moments of wonder don't get me wrong, wow we've seen some amazing football with this manager but it's always quite clumsy on the whole. All out or nothing, no game management or love for the ball on the pitch, protecting it and any scoreline we have, that's what I mean by clumsy.
       Our captain treats the ball a football like a hot potato for instance, so that says it all for me, we need to evolve now and be patient for a bit while it happens, hopefully it will.

Had to edit this for a spelling error but I want to add, what the hell is with our pace? I don't mean individuals but we don't play at Premier league pace, we play like we can use the ball comfortably but we just can't and haven't really had the knack that much.
      We don't even play at Prem league pace in our own league any more unless it's those couple of games this whole season, I'm not moaning, I'm really confused about the team and club oh and coaching and management. Very scratching the head type stuff these days but hey never let a beautiful game like football bring you down just watch whatever games from any team ever and enjoy the lovely game.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2023 11:06:30 am by Crunchycrisps »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32765: Mar 19, 2023 08:52:03 pm
      Too right. From being a rock at the back he’s become far too slow and cumbersome.

Agreed and not only that, I've noticed he has this habit of putting his hands behind his back anytime a shot is on from anywhere in or around the box and a couple of times, he's turned his back on it as well.

Correct if I'm wrong but Joe Gomez got slated and deservedly so, for the exact same thing, but nothing said when Virg does it.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #32766: Mar 20, 2023 10:05:51 am
      Maybe he should shut up and sort his own form out first

Hahaha I knew you wouldn't like that.

I agree with you it's not his place to be saying those things but where I disagree with you is that he's right in what he says I'm afraid.

Big summer ahead. Need a big clear out and a big recruitment drive.

With Fenway in charge it will be vital to get players off the books to fund investment. We will have to sell well
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32767: Mar 20, 2023 10:19:36 am
      Hahaha I knew you wouldn't like that.

I agree with you it's not his place to be saying those things but where I disagree with you is that he's right in what he says I'm afraid.

Big summer ahead. Need a big clear out and a big recruitment drive.

With Fenway in charge it will be vital to get players off the books to fund investment. We will have to sell well

Yes we all know that we will need to bring in a number of new players this summer - that’s new news and I suspect that players will arrive
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #32768: Mar 20, 2023 10:31:46 am
      Yes we all know that we will need to bring in a number of new players this summer - that’s new news and I suspect that players will arrive

Cant just be players, they have to be first team players of first team quality for the long term future.

It's going to cost.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32769: Mar 20, 2023 10:35:25 am
      Cant just be players, they have to be first team players of first team quality for the long term future.

It's going to cost.

It will be who they see as the best fit,

Suspect players along the likes of Konate . Diaz etc
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #32770: Mar 20, 2023 10:45:59 am
      https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1637723887533170688?s=46&t=BYGnZtfYZXMXYfwUNDro-w

Imagine wasting and throwing a whole season for a player who is likely to move to City/Madrid. If Bellingham moves to City and the fans say nothing, then I lost faith into everything.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32771: Mar 20, 2023 10:50:39 am
      https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1637723887533170688?s=46&t=BYGnZtfYZXMXYfwUNDro-w

Imagine wasting and throwing a whole season for a player who is likely to move to City/Madrid. If Bellingham moves to City and the fans say nothing, then I lost faith into everything.

What do you want the fans to say ?

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #32772: Mar 20, 2023 10:58:46 am

Loudly FSG out not talking about international fans, talking about locals. It's comical to chase a player for 2 years, throw a whole season out and then try to leave when there is a bidding war. City will get Bellingham and we will get Mount who's hardly better than we have.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #32773: Mar 20, 2023 11:06:25 am
      Loudly FSG out not talking about international fans, talking about locals. It's comical to chase a player for 2 years, throw a whole season out and then try to leave when there is a bidding war. City will get Bellingham and we will get Mount who's hardly better than we have.

Why would the fans “protest” over a player not being bought. The fans going aren’t that spoilt or narrow minded
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #32774: Mar 20, 2023 11:13:31 am
      Why would the fans “protest” over a player not being bought. The fans going aren’t that spoilt or narrow minded

Because we threw a season over him. Feeding our fans lies and after lies that we are waiting for the RIGHT PLAYERS just to end not sign him. I couldn't give 2 fucks about Bellingham if we signed some bodies in the midfield last season, but now we are likely to miss out on top 4 which is going to set us back for years. You better pray he moves to Madrid because if he moves to City, we will never come close to them ever again.

Quick Reply