Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2755910 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #32959: Mar 31, 2023 07:31:11 pm
      Where did I mention just last season I said he hasn’t been properly backed during their reign , so u think we didn’t run out of gas , deluded

“See what u did there took a snapshot of a near perfect seaso in which we totally ran out of gas ”

That’s where you mentioned last season 🤷‍♂️

And no I don’t tbink we ran out of gas last season
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #32960: Mar 31, 2023 07:37:49 pm
      “See what u did there took a snapshot of a near perfect seaso in which we totally ran out of gas ”

That’s where you mentioned last season 🤷‍♂️

And no I don’t tbink we ran out of gas last season
      Ffs your fckin hard work I said u took a snapshot of last season that’s the only reason it was mentioned have a good night
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #32961: Mar 31, 2023 09:16:29 pm
      Interesting that the negatives always seem to outweigh the positives with many.

I guess winning everything there is to win, first league titles in decade's, three European Cup finals and having a squad of players the envy of Europe isn't for everyone.

I know we're in a sticky spell and rebuilding right now but I wouldn't swap the last decade for anything and that includes the owners.

They've made some sh*te decisions and pissed us all off at points but they have delivered. You can debate all you like but the hard evidence is there.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2023 01:57:06 am by srslfc »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,194 posts | 733 
      Reply #32962: Mar 31, 2023 09:53:35 pm

I guess winning everything there is to win, first league titles in decade's, three European Cup finals and having a squad of players the envy of Europe isn't for everyone.

I know we're in a sticky spell and rebuilding right now but I wouldn't swap the lasr decade for anything and that includes the owners.

They're made some white decisions and pissed us all off at points but they have delivered. You can debate all you like but the hard evidence is there.
      The negativity around is unsurprising. It's not just the results, but they whole way we are playing has got us frankly baffled. Of course we enjoyed the last number of years...how could you not?...but we are deep into an unforeseen mini crisis and the fanbase reacts accordingly...... They'll be brighter days ahead...hopefully starting tomorrow.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #32963: Apr 01, 2023 02:33:10 pm
      Alongside targeting and buying the right players this summer they need to get the structure sorted above the manger pronto.

Massive few months ahead in all aspects for the club and anyone saying it's as simple as splashing out on players is deluded.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #32964: Apr 01, 2023 03:01:49 pm
      Alongside targeting and buying the right players this summer they need to get the structure sorted above the manger pronto.

Massive few months ahead in all aspects for the club and anyone saying it's as simple as splashing out on players is deluded.

Said this months ago problems everywhere medical depth, DOF, Owners, Lack of quality on pitch passing against the wind when all them factors are not right
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 391 
      Reply #32965: Apr 01, 2023 03:17:00 pm
      You said they rescued the club and so you recognised that they did something (fill in yourself) wonderful/good/bad/evil etc.

Depending on each of our answers…
      1) There’s nothing wrong with being rewarded for rescuing the club, or
      2) Should they suffer death and a tragic end for making our lives as fans difficult and not matching up to the league leaders as some of us here FSG out fans would wish for?

That reward is because they engineered it. It may be at the expense of trophies and points and our happiness. We can either curse them or if we’re that good, buy the club over and run it the way fans would like to run it.

In other words we can only talk otherwise and nothing more. Our words are as powerless as each other until we sign the purchase agreement and takeover the club.

I don't think they did it out of the goodness of their hearts. I think they've had good fun on the whole and  will make a mint when they sell. Good on them but can't be bigging them up in 2023 because they are better than H+G were in 2007
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 391 
      Reply #32966: Apr 01, 2023 03:18:24 pm

I know we're in a sticky spell and rebuilding right now but I wouldn't swap the last decade for anything and that includes the owners.

They've made some sh*te decisions and pissed us all off at points but they have delivered. You can debate all you like but the hard evidence is there.

We could really win everything there is to win with them soon because we'll be having a crack at the conference cup next year
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #32967: Apr 01, 2023 03:21:54 pm
      Said this months ago problems everywhere medical depth, DOF, Owners, Lack of quality on pitch passing against the wind when all them factors are not right

I think all throughout the club people were believing the hype and its lead to some complacency. We were so much better with something to prove. Us against the world. Now it feels like we think the world owes us and we wonder why we aren’t getting our just desserts…..we’ll maybe we are….
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #32968: Apr 01, 2023 03:24:04 pm
      I don't think they did it out of the goodness of their hearts. I think they've had good fun on the whole and  will make a mint when they sell. Good on them but can't be bigging them up in 2023 because they are better than H+G were in 2007

Doesn’t matter. This is where we are now. There’s nothing we can do to reverse what’s past. More important thing is where are we headed from here.

Some will recognise the good they’ve done and some will curse them for being around.
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #32969: Apr 01, 2023 03:27:19 pm
      They need to F**k off now. Like today
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #32970: Apr 01, 2023 03:30:23 pm
      They need to f**k off now. Like today

Shut up

They aren’t the reason why we collapse when we go behind

They arent the reason why the team can’t do anything away from home

They aren’t the reason why the back line can’t defend a lead away from home , they don’t make the likes of Robbo and VVD have the positional sense of a 1 year old

It’s one dimensional thinking to keep blaming the owners and money spent for the issues
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #32971: Apr 01, 2023 04:09:40 pm

That's twice you've been rude for me sharing my opinion. There's no need for it
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,603 posts | 139 
      Reply #32972: Apr 01, 2023 04:26:12 pm
      That's twice you've been rude for me sharing my opinion. There's no need for it

You are not the only one. It seems every time people criticise the FSG he takes it personal.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 391 
      Reply #32973: Apr 01, 2023 04:59:55 pm
      Doesn’t matter. This is where we are now. There’s nothing we can do to reverse what’s past. More important thing is where are we headed from here.

Some will recognise the good they’ve done and some will curse them for being around.

I dont think we are disagreeing here pal..  ;D.

Yes they are better than H+G, yes they have turned the club around and we are run far better now. But there's a lot more to be done here and being better than H+G isn't an amazing achievement.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 391 
      Reply #32974: Apr 01, 2023 05:03:08 pm
      Shut up

They aren’t the reason why we collapse when we go behind

They arent the reason why the team can’t do anything away from home

They aren’t the reason why the back line can’t defend a lead away from home , they don’t make the likes of Robbo and VVD have the positional sense of a 1 year old

It’s one dimensional thinking to keep blaming the owners and money spent for the issues

They are part of the reason we aren't competing. When the sh*t hits the fan like it has this season nobody escapes the smell.

Players, coaches, owners. Hopefully the club will conduct a full review on what's gone wrong this season and how we can look to fix it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #32975: Apr 01, 2023 05:06:01 pm
      They are part of the reason we aren't competing. When the sh*t hits the fan like it has this season nobody escapes the smell.

Players, coaches, owners. Hopefully the club will conduct a full review on what's gone wrong this season and how we can look to fix it.

Everyone takes responsibility- and then everyone will get stuck in to fix the issues

There is imo nothing more pathetic than after a defeat than some jumping into the thread to tell them to leave. It’s juvenile
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #32976: Apr 01, 2023 06:19:58 pm
      You are not the only one. It seems every time people criticise the FSG he takes it personal.

Does he have some sort of ties to them? Is that even allowed on a forum?

So these tight asses need to stump up a very pretty penny indeed. The prettiest that can be found in Boston. If not then they can F**k off and bring us the Arab pennies. I couldn't give a toss about human rights allegations and what not as I believe they're all at some sort of dodgy sh*t one way or another. We've got Standard Chartered across our shirt.

I'd have Jota, Hendo, Milner, Ox, Naby, Fabinho, Thiago, Kostas, Gomez and Matip out the door quicker than you can say Riyadh.

I'd have in Neves, Bellingham, Rice, Guimaraes, Gvardiol, Lamptey and Mason Mount.

Easy 400m there so bring on the Kuwaitis or whoever else has the bollox for it
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2023 06:30:04 pm by Smitty80sbaby »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #32977: Apr 01, 2023 06:29:35 pm

Why wouldn’t it be allowed.
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #32978: Apr 01, 2023 06:34:38 pm

I'm asking as I don't know. Conflict of interest? Swaying fans? Idk I'm genuinely asking
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,691 posts | 3365 
      Reply #32979: Apr 01, 2023 06:43:25 pm

So these tight asses need to stump up a very pretty penny indeed. The prettiest that can be found in Boston. If not then they can f**k off and bring us the Arab pennies. I couldn't give a toss about human rights allegations and what not as I believe they're all at some sort of dodgy sh*t one way or another. We've got Standard Chartered across our shirt.

I'd have Jota, Hendo, Milner, Ox, Naby, Fabinho, Thiago, Kostas, Gomez and Matip out the door quicker than you can say Riyadh.

I'd have in Neves, Bellingham, Rice, Guimaraes, Gvardiol, Lamptey and Mason Mount.

Easy 400m there so bring on the Kuwaitis or whoever else has the bollox for it

Make sure you turn your PC off after playing your Football Manager game  :lmao:
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #32980: Apr 01, 2023 06:54:04 pm
      Make sure you turn your PC off after playing your Football Manager game  :lmao:

I know it's fantasy land but to get back to the top it's going to take that level of investment. Two signings doesn't fix this
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #32981: Apr 01, 2023 08:01:26 pm
      I dont think we are disagreeing here pal..  ;D.

Yes they are better than H+G, yes they have turned the club around and we are run far better now. But there's a lot more to be done here and being better than H+G isn't an amazing achievement.

H&G were found guilty of fraudulent business methods in a court of law, any improvement is not that difficult and as you point out not an amazing achievement.

Quick Reply