Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763240 times
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #33189: Apr 12, 2023 10:32:09 am
      What a sh*t show.

Someone must answer for this.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,671 posts | 145 
      Reply #33190: Apr 12, 2023 10:33:00 am
      So what’s actually happened then to her everyone up in arms and toys being thrown everywhere 🤷‍♂️

Not looking good Lallana. Every close source have confirmed we pulled out of Bellingham deal and even the Dortmund side are saying this as well. There is no way that 8 sources that are close from the club are all lying, the club has briefed the journalist to come and say this.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #33191: Apr 12, 2023 10:33:46 am
      Can only think the worries over personal thought would be fine as got them worried VVD, Fab etc . They will.have to buy a CB for me as well as at the minimum two midfielders and guess with Judes fee not possible to do all .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33192: Apr 12, 2023 10:36:03 am
      You will get him 120 million is nothing for you guys even with the Glazers with Qatar I can see you getting both Bellingham/Kane.

Bloody hell very optimistic, wish I did.  ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,609 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33193: Apr 12, 2023 10:36:07 am
      There’s not much talk ( so far ) in the United came any signs of Bellingham coming to us. If anything it’s City. 🤢 Can you imagine what this will do to our league if they get him? It will end up like the Scottish league with City involved every year and maybe one of the so called top 6 giving them a run. Let’s me honest too, it will only be a run as there in another league at moment. Once again they’ve come good at the right time. 🤢

If he goes to City forget about the league.
      City with 2 first teams will steam roll it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #33194: Apr 12, 2023 10:36:44 am
      Not looking good Lallana. Every close source have confirmed we pulled out of Bellingham deal and even the Dortmund side are saying this as well. There is no way that 8 sources that are close from the club are all lying, the club has briefed the journalist to come and say this.

8 sources 😂😂

It came from someone who once claimed the club were not interested in VVD and also were not looking at a GK and are going to give Ward a go

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #33195: Apr 12, 2023 10:42:34 am
      we just have to accept under FSG we will be unable to compete with the top clubs in England and in Europe not exactly the promise they made to us is it but not unusual lying and underhand dealings behind supporters backs is their way.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33196: Apr 12, 2023 10:43:31 am
      So what’s actually happened then to her everyone up in arms and toys being thrown everywhere 🤷‍♂️

You can’t really blame the fans Pj they’re obviously frustrated show them some passion. I think  Bellingham would have come but obviously not in his hands because the size of the transfer fee.

Long term it’s definitely the right move though because I still maintain 3/4 new midfielders is better than a one  Bellingham. If the statement that’s come out true they can’t afford so much for one player and better to use the same funds for 2/3 players it’s the correct one going forward.

Frightening thing is though even if it’s correct City showing just how high the bar is now and won’t be easy for anyone to catch them. Couple of you lot think We will get him but I’ve never read anything to back that up from myside.

If City get him we can all close shop unless they give a trophy for coming second. 🤢
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,671 posts | 145 
      Reply #33197: Apr 12, 2023 10:48:28 am
      8 sources 😂😂

It came from someone who once claimed the club were not interested in VVD and also were not looking at a GK and are going to give Ward a go

We aren't getting Bellingham. He's too expensive for us, the manager had a choice between him or multiple midfielders and he choose the latter.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33198: Apr 12, 2023 10:49:26 am
      We aren't getting Bellingham. He's too expensive for us, the manager had a choice between him or multiple midfielders and he choose the latter.

Which is the right choice with limited funds. Not Klopps fault for sure.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #33199: Apr 12, 2023 10:55:01 am

that depends onhow hard he went into bat for the team as anyone of Bellinghams quality will be too expensive for us and we will be shopping in Aldi scratching through the bargains hoping somebody hasn't get there before us.
      Hendo lost his pace and has injury problems, Thiago misses too many games, Ox leaving, Naby leaving, Milner surely will go too and Curtis Jones is just never going to get to level we all hoped for. The reason we now need 3 or 4 midfield players is down to FSG's management of the club and lack of player investment in the past few seasons. FSG = Arthur.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,671 posts | 145 
      Reply #33200: Apr 12, 2023 10:58:30 am

We are the only top club who does that. United signed Casemiro, Martinez, Anthony all top target and didn't go for if we sign Casemiro then we aren't getting the rest. God forbid a club like Liverpool signing Bellingham+ 2 top midfielders like any top club would do in that situation. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33201: Apr 12, 2023 10:58:32 am
      that depends onhow hard he went into bat for the team as anyone of Bellinghams quality will be too expensive for us and we will be shopping in Aldi scratching through the bargains hoping somebody hasn't get there before us.
      Hendo lost his pace and has injury problems, Thiago misses too many games, Ox leaving, Naby leaving, Milner surely will go too and Curtis Jones is just never going to get to level we all hoped for. The reason we now need 3 or 4 midfield players is down to FSG's management of the club and lack of player investment in the past few seasons. FSG = Arthur.

I’ve been saying the above for the last 6 months Walt.

Klopp flogging a dead horse with the yanks surly you know that now.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #33202: Apr 12, 2023 10:58:38 am

I was under the impression that nothing has been decided by any club or player yet
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #33203: Apr 12, 2023 10:59:56 am
      You can’t really blame the fans Pj they’re obviously frustrated show them some passion. I think  Bellingham would have come but obviously not in his hands because the size of the transfer fee.

Long term it’s definitely the right move though because I still maintain 3/4 new midfielders is better than a one  Bellingham. If the statement that’s come out true they can’t afford so much for one player and better to use the same funds for 2/3 players it’s the correct one going forward.

Frightening thing is though even if it’s correct City showing just how high the bar is now and won’t be easy for anyone to catch them. Couple of you lot think We will get him but I’ve never read anything to back that up from myside.

If City get him we can all close shop unless they give a trophy for coming second. 🤢

It’s not passion to be throwing toys about based on a club not spending £150mil on a player - even more so when it’s just speculation right now
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33204: Apr 12, 2023 11:01:50 am
      We are the only top club who does that. United signed Casemiro, Martinez, Anthony all top target and didn't go for if we sign Casemiro then we aren't getting the rest. God forbid a club like Liverpool signing Bellingham+ 2 top midfielders like any top club would do in that situation. 

Bellingham and two top were never really on the table with the funds available. However, I did say I’d sell every midfielder you got coz let’s be honest none of them got it anymore. It may of been feasible then but realistically no one sells all their midfielders, apart from me if I was running your club.  :lmao:
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,671 posts | 145 
      Reply #33205: Apr 12, 2023 11:11:26 am
      It’s not passion to be throwing toys about based on a club not spending £150mil on a player - even more so when it’s just speculation right now

You gonna watch him playing for City and winning everything, whilst our best aim is to get a top 4 spot . God forbid the club spending 300 million to rebuild the team like any proper team would do in our situation. I'd rather have Bellingham over bunch of average nobody players like Callagher, Tielmans
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #33206: Apr 12, 2023 11:13:37 am
      I’ve been saying the above for the last 6 months Walt.

Klopp flogging a dead horse with the yanks surly you know that now.

FSG are blaming City and Real for the price hike but I seem to remember most people thought it would be more than £100mil a year ago did FSG not get the message. I have a message for them if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. Hopefully people will start to wake up about their purpose from day one here and that was to make a shed load of money for themselves but at present the world is in financial meltdown despite the media not reporting it and these people are holding on to assets as the cash is no use to them.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,258 posts | 757 
      Reply #33207: Apr 12, 2023 11:14:46 am
      There’s not much talk ( so far ) in the United came any signs of Bellingham coming to us. If anything it’s City. 🤢 Can you imagine what this will do to our league if they get him? It will end up like the Scottish league with City involved every year and maybe one of the so called top 6 giving them a run. Let’s me honest too, it will only be a run as there in another league at moment. Once again they’ve come good at the right time. 🤢
      It's already City and an(other) contesting the league for the foreseeable.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #33208: Apr 12, 2023 11:17:25 am
      It's already City and an(other) contesting the league for the foreseeable.

if the FA did their job with FFP and Uefa for that matter thibgs would be different but the reality is the have not done anything and will not as the likes of City could bankrupt them taking them through the Courts for decades.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33209: Apr 12, 2023 11:19:31 am
      FSG are blaming City and Real for the price hike but I seem to remember most people thought it would be more than £100mil a year ago did FSG not get the message. I have a message for them if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. Hopefully people will start to wake up about their purpose from day one here and that was to make a shed load of money for themselves but at present the world is in financial meltdown despite the media not reporting it and these people are holding on to assets as the cash is no use to them.

Very good point Walt but can you see change?

Like United you do need them gone now. Your owners don’t want to compete with the big boys and spend spend spend. It’s pretty obvious with them now they only spend what they earn.

Now I’m not saying that is wrong but it’s certainly not what 90% of Liverpool fans want to hear.  You lot want put up with it much longer that’s for sure. Think the only thing stopping you going on a march is the respect you all have for Klopp…… Well nearly all, there’re muppets on here want him gone.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,671 posts | 145 
      Reply #33210: Apr 12, 2023 11:20:29 am
      Bellingham and two top were never really on the table with the funds available. However, I did say I’d sell every midfielder you got coz let’s be honest none of them got it anymore. It may of been feasible then but realistically no one sells all their midfielders, apart from me if I was running your club.  :lmao:

You can throw 150 million for Jude with ease even with the Glazers. You casually dropped 100 million on Antony last summer. Your team is one striker away from being a title challenging team and adding Bellingham to the team is going to take you to the next level. You already Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen and imagine adding Bellingham to that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #33211: Apr 12, 2023 11:30:32 am
      If this is true (we won’t know till summer is over obviously) then I’d guess FSG haven’t found the investment they were looking for so it’s back to penny pinching. Klopp will have to bargain shop and hope he can turn some rough cut stones into diamonds. Or buy a couple of injury prone players at cut rates in hopes that they magically become resilient.

Our revenue and FSG’s deep pockets should allow for a larger than normal expenditure for at least one summer in order to try and get us back where we belong. But they obviously are so risk averse that they will rely on Klopp working wonders. And if he doesn’t, I bet they send him packing and sell the club and cash out.

Quick Reply