Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642076 times
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #33373: Apr 13, 2023 08:21:16 pm
      Kostas Tsimikas
      Ozan Kabak
      Oxlade-Chamberlain
      Thiago
      Adrian
      Sepp van den Berg
      Andy Lonergan
      Keita
      Takumi Minamino
      Ben Davies
      Dominic Solanke
      Nunez

We’ve made some bad signings under Edwards. Ok Couple on that list probably because of injuries.
      Always felt he was in personal contact with the media and that’s why you always read these bullish statements about how good is he is. Like about the deal he made with Barca where they had to pay a premium on top of any player for the next x amount of years. How did that get leaked to the media? And why how good was that deal? Really? I bet Barca sat and thought ok we don’t want anymore of your players, add it in if you want.
      Give him 10/10 for vision though because he saw Liverpool about to sink and he bailed.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #33374: Apr 13, 2023 08:28:17 pm
      Kostas Tsimikas
      Ozan Kabak
      Oxlade-Chamberlain
      Thiago
      Adrian
      Sepp van den Berg
      Andy Lonergan
      Keita
      Takumi Minamino
      Ben Davies
      Dominic Solanke
      Nunez

We’ve made some bad signings under Edwards. Ok Couple on that list probably because of injuries.
      Always felt he was in personal contact with the media and that’s why you always read these bullish statements about how good is he is. Like about the deal he made with Barca where they had to pay a premium on top of any player for the next x amount of years. How did that get leaked to the media? And why how good was that deal? Really? I bet Barca sat and thought ok we don’t want anymore of your players, add it in if you want.
      Give him 10/10 for vision though because he saw Liverpool about to sink and he bailed.

Minamino was a decent signing for price. He was a good footballer. Never let us down but wasn't given enough opportunity. We would not have won anything without him last season.

The rest I agree with. I'd possibly add Elliott and carvalho to the list ... both are young but don't look a good fit really.

Also for me the jury is still out on gapko and ramsay.

As I said on one of the other threads with the recruitment team crumbling I fear a sh*tshow of a summer where whatever we cobble together in sales is spent on substandard players and by the end of August/early September we are still a shambles and there is alot of unrest. I hope that doesn't happen but I worry it will.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #33375: Apr 13, 2023 08:35:30 pm
      Minamino was a decent signing for price. He was a good footballer. Never let us down but wasn't given enough opportunity. We would not have won anything without him last season.

The rest I agree with. I'd possibly add Elliott and carvalho to the list ... both are young but don't look a good fit really.

Also for me the jury is still out on gapko and ramsay.

As I said on one of the other threads with the recruitment team crumbling I fear a sh*tshow of a summer where whatever we cobble together in sales is spent on substandard players and by the end of August/early September we are still a shambles and there is alot of unrest. I hope that doesn't happen but I worry it will.

Yeh defo think Elliott could be added to that list. I was just going for Edwards signings so I didn’t add Gakpo.
      You could flip and flop over a few players such as Thiago who are quality but just never put sustained run in the team.

I’ve made my views quite clear on here before with regards our future. I don’t believe Klopp is the future for Liverpool now I believe his tactics and style of play and unwillingness to change this is going to put us another season behind.
      I don’t have a lot of trust in our recruitment department anymore. I think Klopp will be gone by October if his style of play continues.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #33376: Apr 13, 2023 08:48:45 pm
      Data guys wanted Nkunku , Klopp and Linders Nunez . Have to say for jury still out on Nunez and Gakpo

Was impressed with Nkunku any time I have seen him

Not sure why Chelsea have got him when he is another wide attacker - but certainly closer to Mane than Nunez

Think we need to judge Nunez more when Diaz is back because I would expect to see Nunez move more into the middle
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #33377: Apr 13, 2023 09:11:07 pm
      First thing the owners should be doing is getting whoever they have targeted as DoF/Sporting Director.

Transfer business has been porr since Michael Edwards left.

Jürgen having more say is not the way forward for me no matter how much credit he's earned. It wasn't broke so didn't need to have more input from the manager and the owners should have learned from Brendan wanting more say towards the end of his reign.

Once that's sorted then we can focus on what players we need.

It's very worrying we're in April now with no sign of a new sporting director. Clubs usually have their business planned well in advance so either we're going to blag it with a new sporting director in the summer or Jürgen is going to have a bigger say again.

Doesn't bode well considering the drop off in recruitment since Edwards left - big question marks over Nunez and Gakpo right now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #33378: Apr 13, 2023 09:24:25 pm
      It's very worrying we're in April now with no sign of a new sporting director. Clubs usually have their business planned well in advance so either we're going to blag it with a new sporting director in the summer or Jürgen is going to have a bigger say again.

Doesn't bode well considering the drop off in recruitment since Edwards left - big question marks over Nunez and Gakpo right now.

Agree and like I say I'd argue it's possibly the biggest worry so close to the summer.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #33379: Apr 13, 2023 10:35:46 pm
      Agree and like I say I'd argue it's possibly the biggest worry so close to the summer.

The club is being badly run. That's the top and bottom of it.

Off the pitch we are a mess. There is no recruitment team ... no plan it seems. We sacrificed a season and ignored quality players to get our number one target ... who now isn't our number one target.

On the pitch we look poorly coached and only seem to have one way of playing. The squad is poor to put it nicely. We don't look motivated and most games this season we have not looked interested. All very worrying.

The training and recovery also just isn't upto it. All this needs changing and the decks need clearing and people brought in who actually are competent. Our injuries are not a coincidence.  Our players look slow and unfit.

Obviously the parasites at the top are the main cause of it. We're just going to fall further behind under their watch and Jürgen hasn't the tools, support or enough competent people around him to stop it. He can't do everything.
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #33380: Apr 14, 2023 01:48:42 am
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #33381: Apr 14, 2023 08:57:01 am
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33382: Apr 14, 2023 09:22:13 am
      Since FSG took over we have spent £1.2bn on players

We have recouped £630

So around £600mil

£600m spread over 13 seasons , that’s what about £47m + shrapnel on average per season, now again I’m no number cruncher, but that figure of £47m + is paltry, no wonder we’re struggling, i dunno what other clubs net spend is, and I don’t really give a F**k, but for a club of our size it really is chicken feed, and clearly and very obviously no where near enough,

Now Lall you can cook, cajole or massage the books all you want but FSG bricks & mortar & commerce aside they’re not spending enough on the most important part of a football club……players…..ultimately it’s player’s that win you titles & tin, and simultaneously the revenue thru tv deals, longevity in competitions in particular the CL and the clicking of turnstiles on any given match day/night,

Credit where it’s due FSG have kept us in the Red but that credit only stretches so far, their business men after all and obviously very successful ones at that, but even business men take risks don’t they, they’ll take a chance on some mega trade off or multi million $ investment,

What don’t they see at Liverpool FC that taking a bit of a risk in the transfer market could further swell their profits, could bring further successes and the revenue stream with it, and most importantly perhaps happy fans & supporters who will also swell the coffers thru merch, what don’t they see that we can all see, and what should be a minimum effort each and every season,

We all know we can’t compete with the oily lot, no one is expecting them too, however they could and should be content with providing enough funds for Jürgen to work his magic every season, a club of our size shouldn’t have to hang on to players going past their use by dates, or rely on aged players like Jimmy to fill gaps for positions that should have ready made players in those positions,

This window is massive, not only for obvious reasons, but it will be a indication of what the plans are going forward, just how ambitious are FSG ?  For me and most they haven’t done enough, but they will have to if we want to avoid the same thing happening in the future??

YNWA
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #33383: Apr 14, 2023 11:54:22 am
      £600m spread over 13 seasons , that’s what about £47m + shrapnel on average per season, now again I’m no number cruncher, but that figure of £47m + is paltry, no wonder we’re struggling, i dunno what other clubs net spend is, and I don’t really give a f**k, but for a club of our size it really is chicken feed, and clearly and very obviously no where near enough,

Our net spend is still not good enough. It has to negative to satisfy those financial wizards. While clubs make a deficit, we need to make a surplus. How about points and cups and results? To hell with that. As long as stupid fans keep coming back to fill Anfield, they’ll win at the financial game. You want Bellingham? Make the fans pay for it as well. The owners will just be milking money off this club.

FSG: To hell with you fans. Just give your money to us.

I don’t feel like attending home games anymore.
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #33384: Apr 14, 2023 01:06:08 pm
      I'm just sat here thinking you couldn't make this up. We sign no midfielders and it's a sh*t show. Klopp says we need someone so they get Arthur and say dw we're waiting for our main man Bellingham. It's a disaster of a season so they say sh*t we can't sign him because it's been a disaster of a season. I want them gone right now.

A F***ing Ferrari? We are the Ferrari and that's what fsg have forgot. F**k me we've gone downhill
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33385: Apr 14, 2023 01:23:00 pm
      Running the club on the cheap when you had the best of Klopp's years is now going the cost the club 100 million.
      Should have bought a midfielder last summer and have absolutely fu**ed a season away knowing fans were
      sold on the idea of waiting for Bellingham.
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #33386: Apr 14, 2023 01:24:06 pm
      Running the club on the cheap when you had the best of Klopp's years is now going the cost the club 100 million.
      Should have bought a midfielder last summer and have absolutely fu**ed a season away knowing fans were
      sold on the idea of waiting for Bellingham.

And gone are the claims "Klopp gets whoever he wants".

We need to stop complaining and start taking action against them
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33387: Apr 14, 2023 01:33:12 pm
      And gone are the claims "Klopp gets whoever he wants".

We need to stop complaining and start taking action against them

Salah wasn't Klopp's first choice so fans shouldn't have been sold on that idea away.
      It was just a line to excuse not signing a midfielder last summer which has now been shown up.

It's spectacular how badly they've taken their eye off the ball.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #33388: Apr 14, 2023 05:50:27 pm
      Data guys wanted Nkunku , Klopp and Linders Nunez . Have to say for jury still out on Nunez and Gakpo

Source? Haven't read anything about that myself.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #33389: Apr 14, 2023 07:22:30 pm
      Another FSG owned sports franchise, were just eliminated from the NHL playoffs yesterday, the Pittsburgh Penguins. First time in 17 seasons (I believe) that they will miss a post season. No playoffs home games, huge revenue loss.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33390: Apr 14, 2023 09:54:13 pm
      Another FSG owned sports franchise, were just eliminated from the NHL playoffs yesterday, the Pittsburgh Penguins. First time in 17 seasons (I believe) that they will miss a post season. No playoffs home games, huge revenue loss.

Similar story everywhere losing out on pounds because they're pinching pennies.
      Just ask the Red Sox fans.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #33391: Apr 15, 2023 10:53:23 am
      We will never be happy with our owners or any owner in the future until they stop seeing this club as a business and don’t care about making money from it.

Basically we need to be a play thing. Where £100m is just small change.
      Where our fans need to be handed out plastic flags to improve the atmosphere because the stadium is full of the prawn sandwich brigade.

Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #33392: Apr 15, 2023 11:31:17 am
      We will never be happy with our owners or any owner in the future until they stop seeing this club as a business and don’t care about making money from it.

Basically we need to be a play thing. Where £100m is just small change.
      Where our fans need to be handed out plastic flags to improve the atmosphere because the stadium is full of the prawn sandwich brigade.

No you're being extreme. We want more than a £20m net spend. We want Klopp backed. We want to compete and we don't want your Arthurs and Davies. It's as simple as that.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #33393: Apr 15, 2023 11:34:10 am
      Shall we maybe just take a break from it all for a day - there are bigger things
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #33394: Apr 15, 2023 12:44:47 pm
      Let's get a go fund page set up help the tight fuckers out a bit :lmao:
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #33395: Apr 15, 2023 01:24:09 pm
      Shall we maybe just take a break from it all for a day - there are bigger things

Has something big happened that I've missed?

Quick Reply