Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Jamie Carragher
      (10.9%)
      Paul Konchesky
      (5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (77.3%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (6.7%)

Everton 2:0 Liverpool - In game & post match disgust

Read 83156 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Everton 2:0 Liverpool - In game & post match disgust
      Reply #1104: Oct 19, 2010 03:19:54 am
      Except now were unwittingly in the gay bar and all the guys are checking our arse out and thinking. . . I could have that
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1105: Oct 19, 2010 03:24:49 am
      :lmao:

Oh, thanks for cheering me up a bit lads. Loving this :D
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #1106: Oct 19, 2010 03:28:08 am
      :lmao:

Oh, thanks for cheering me up a bit lads. Loving this :D

No reason to be down mate. ;)
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2010 03:42:41 am by Baustinsali08 »
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #1107: Oct 19, 2010 03:31:10 am
      @Vitez that is one off the most ridiculous things i'v ever heard on this forum !!

Footballer's arent in touch with there emotion's explain all the red card's in past derbies ? Emotion does come into it and their are certainly players that relish playing in big games like this and there are others that get intimidated it's human nature.

Look at past derbies ? Gerrard let passion get the better off him and got sent off in 07..
      2001 Liverpool 3-2 Everton 12 yellow cards off passion 2 penalty's

And everey time i look back at the famous 4-4 in 1991 i laugh because that would have never happened in a normal game ask Kenny Dalglish 100% passion.

Think what you like mate, I'm not bothered.  You can use the word "passion" as a means to justify what I'd call "indiscipline" and "lack of consistency".

You could hail players getting "more fired up than usual for a derby" a success.  I'd look at it as a failure, simply put: I will assign fixed values on something intangent for clarification purposes:

Your players give 100% for 46 games per season - 14 cup matches to round off to an even number.
      Your players give 110% for 4 games per season - let's say United/Everton both H and A.

If it's possible for your players to be giving 110%, why aren't you seeking to do this every week?  Surely giving 105% every week would be superior to giving 100% most weeks and 110% for a few select weeks, no?

edit: Let me word this better.  100% is the maximum you can give on the field.  If you have to wait until derby day to bring out that 100%, you are effectively playing at 95% the rest of the time.
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2010 03:37:37 am by vitez »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1108: Oct 19, 2010 03:31:12 am
      Queue Poulson and Lucas dance off. At the gay bar gay bar! Yeah! Time to stop drinking I fear
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #1109: Oct 19, 2010 03:43:06 am
      Think what you like mate, I'm not bothered.  You can use the word "passion" as a means to justify what I'd call "indiscipline" and "lack of consistency".

You could hail players getting "more fired up than usual for a derby" a success.  I'd look at it as a failure, simply put: I will assign fixed values on something intangent for clarification purposes:

Your players give 100% for 46 games per season - 14 cup matches to round off to an even number.
      Your players give 110% for 4 games per season - let's say United/Everton both H and A.

If it's possible for your players to be giving 110%, why aren't you seeking to do this every week?  Surely giving 105% every week would be superior to giving 100% most weeks and 110% for a few select weeks, no?

You clearly don't understand the "Derby" concept footballers are only human off course they want to win everey game.

But they'r willing to risk more to win these games goals mean more celebrations are more passionate ( Gerrard's Kissing the camera )

You'v oviously never played football ! Because these games are huge your mentality is different you cant help it,Footballers aren't robot's like you think they are !

Obviously 105% would be better thats not how the game works mate !
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1110: Oct 19, 2010 03:43:39 am
      Think what you like mate, I'm not bothered.  You can use the word "passion" as a means to justify what I'd call "indiscipline" and "lack of consistency".

You could hail players getting "more fired up than usual for a derby" a success.  I'd look at it as a failure, simply put: I will assign fixed values on something intangent for clarification purposes:

If it's possible for your players to be giving 110%, why aren't you seeking to do this every week?  Surely giving 105% every week would be superior to giving 100% most weeks and 110% for a few select weeks, no?

edit: Let me word this better.  100% is the maximum you can give on the field.  If you have to wait until derby day to bring out that 100%, you are effectively playing at 95% the rest of the time.

In summary Hodgson can't motivate, is crap at tactics and conducts interviews like rainman
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #1111: Oct 19, 2010 03:59:34 am
      You clearly don't understand the "Derby" concept footballers are only human off course they want to win everey game.

But they'r willing to risk more to win these games goals mean more celebrations are more passionate ( Gerrard's Kissing the camera )

You'v oviously never played football ! Because these games are huge your mentality is different you cant help it,Footballers aren't robot's like you think they are !

Obviously 105% would be better thats not how the game works mate !

I do understand derby concepts.  When the fixtures are released, I straight away look for the Everton and Man United games, they are my most anticipated as a supporter.  If your players are willing to risk MORE to win these games, then it's obvious that you aren't risking MORE to win every other game.  As I reiterated: Let me word this better.  100% is the maximum you can give on the field.  If you have to wait until derby day to bring out that 100%, you are effectively playing at 95% the rest of the time. 

Celebrations ARE more passionate, yes - but they are one of the few moments in games where footballers are allowed to be human for just one moment before refocusing on doing the job they came here to do.  I might not have played football before (the truth is I'm 26 years old and I've played for 20 odd years) but to insinuate that you need to play football to have an good understanding of it and the sports psychology behind it, is somewhat daft to say the least.

If "only derby games are HUGE" what does that say about your approach to every other game?  It's not as important?  That giving less for those games is good enough because you'll give more for the derby?  Footballers aren't out and out robots, but the great ones will exhibit and emulate robots in their mental approach to the game.  As a supporter, the derby is MASSIVE to me.  As a coach, the derby is the exact same as every other game to me - simple as that.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #1112: Oct 19, 2010 04:12:33 am
      Last post tonight.

1) Players do look forward to the derby watch their interviews time after time they say derby's have a little bit extra  !

2) Technicaly your write but realistically thats not how it works and i know i'm right all you have to do is look at the stats and look at the needless yellow card's and it's not only in Liverpool it happens its evereywhere !

3) To say players treat it as a normal game is ridiculous of course they don't and great footballers don't exhibit and emulate robots its their passion that makes them true greats Rooney,Carragher,Gerrard, players that wear their heart on their sleeve.

Your talkingabout passion as if its a negative thing ? It's not.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1113: Oct 19, 2010 04:46:41 am
      I think the supporters are probably more up for derby games and this translates into more adrenaline on the field. I personally think the multi millionaires of today believe their own hype.
      Thats why you want real professionals who don't gob off and do their job properly in terms of preparation
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #1114: Oct 26, 2010 05:11:50 am
       â€Ž#LFC | Roy Hodgson: "I saw the statistics the other day from the Everton game and I've never in my Premier League career seen statistics as positive as they were in terms of passing, accuracy and tempo of passing, number of shots and crosses."

WHY is he still going on about that game?  :f_doh: :f_doh:
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #1115: Oct 26, 2010 06:17:07 am
      ‎#LFC | Roy Hodgson: "I saw the statistics the other day from the Everton game and I've never in my Premier League career seen statistics as positive as they were in terms of passing, accuracy and tempo of passing, number of shots and crosses."

Because he is an idiot?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1116: Oct 26, 2010 06:58:36 am
      ‎#LFC | Roy Hodgson: "I saw the statistics the other day from the Everton game and I've never in my Premier League career seen statistics as positive as they were in terms of passing, accuracy and tempo of passing, number of shots and crosses."

Because he still thinks that is a better performance than Blackburn, most likely.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #1117: Oct 26, 2010 07:06:19 am
      please someone tell him to stop coming in front of media atleast :(

Quick Reply