Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Bad form

Read 4434 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Bad form
      Oct 17, 2010 07:48:44 pm
      Whats going on behind closed doors at Anfield, so many players under performing. Only Gerrard is playing anything close to his normal self, the rest look lost, ok some of this is down to Roy Hodgsons tactics, some down to the recent unrest. But a large slice must go down to how the players go about there job. The was a time when wearing the Red shirt was a honnor. Looking like to many are here for an easy paycheck  :mad:
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Re: Bad form
      Reply #1: Oct 17, 2010 08:05:34 pm
      Bollocks, with all due respect.

It's down to the way the manager has set the team up - it really is that simple.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Oct 17, 2010 08:10:12 pm
      The only thing the players are unsettled about is the manager's tactics.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      Reply #3: Oct 17, 2010 08:12:01 pm
      Player for player Liverpool have the stronger team on that pitch, but look at the first 15 minuets Everton fought and won every 50/50 ball that ain't down to Hodgson, that's down to passion wanting it more than the opposition
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #4: Oct 17, 2010 08:13:15 pm
      Bollocks, with all due respect.

It's down to the way the manager has set the team up - it really is that simple.

Exactly, theres bad form and then theres bad management. We all know which one out current situation is down to.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 17, 2010 08:19:25 pm
      It was gone 20 mins b4 we put a decent passage of play together in the Everton half. Fair enough if we were
      playing Barcelona but yet again we were outfought and did not have enough passion. For me that is unforgivable
      esp coming off the back of recent results. We need to get back to basics and start playing with some spirit  to
      rid ourselves of this bad form instead of waiting for/expecting it to happen.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #6: Oct 17, 2010 08:19:50 pm
      Oh come on for fks sake they are all professional football players who we would all swap places with given the chance and WE would all give 200% commitment every game, the lack of commitment is not down to the manager all the players need to take a long hard look at themselves and start wearing the red shirt with pride.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #7: Oct 17, 2010 08:21:39 pm
      Tez does have a good point. Although there is no doubt how sh*te Roy is, last season under Rafa there were times when there was no effort or commitment from the players, although to be fair, they did get themselves up for the big ones.

But to show a lack of commitment from last season and carry it into this season under a new manager? There is definately something up, and personally I think that whole dressing room is divided and there are factions all over the place. Posted it in another thread a while ago.

It's so clear to see, there is no chemistry in there or on the pitch. Major problem.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: Oct 17, 2010 08:24:38 pm
      Player for player Liverpool have the stronger team on that pitch, but look at the first 15 minuets Everton fought and won every 50/50 ball that ain't down to Hodgson, that's down to passion wanting it more than the opposition

I have to say Im not sure about that judging by today
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #9: Oct 17, 2010 08:25:16 pm
      Tez does have a good point. Although there is no doubt how sh*te Roy is, last season under Rafa there were times when there was no effort or commitment from the players, although to be fair, they did get themselves up for the big ones.

But to show a lack of commitment from last season and carry it into this season under a new manager? There is definately something up, and personally I think that whole dressing room is divided and there are factions all over the place. Posted it in another thread a while ago.

It's so clear to see, there is no chemistry in there or on the pitch. Major problem.

Yeah I posted that a while back too. Under a new manager I expected last season's lack of committment/desire to
      be eradicated but yet it is still endemic???
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #10: Oct 17, 2010 08:32:06 pm
      Yeah I posted that a while back too. Under a new manager I expected last season's lack of committment/desire to
      be eradicated but yet it is still endemic???
      Pathetic. All want their F***ing ego massaged constantly, there grown F***ing men. Who here goes running around trying to undermine their manager at work if they don't like them (yes Carra this is aimed at you). You F***ing do the job, because your paid for it, and there is a reason that you aren't the boss.

I'm truly sick of the lot of them, I would be happy to see the majority of our team just wiped out in the summer, because they are a shambles. People said that Rafa had taken us as far as he could and had to go, well some of these players have gone as far as they can with us, they are so stale it's unreal.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #11: Oct 17, 2010 08:44:26 pm
      I think as well many players are 'confused' by Roy's tactics.  Under Rafa, everyone had a job, an area to close down.  Roy wants the team to sit deep and not press the opposition.  So when the team is being overrun in midfield the natural inclination is to pressure the opposition, but then they realise they've been told not to so then have to stand off again..........

Not the full story (e.g. dressing room divisions) but I think a contributing factor.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #12: Oct 17, 2010 08:45:00 pm

Yes, and we sat off - no pressing, no pressure on the ball or their players, and that's down to hodgson, because that's how he sets his teams up.
      Sit back, wait til a defender gets the chance to hoof it, and then hope the striker can get on the end of it or hold it up.

It's no wonder they got their tails up - you play deep and invite the pressure, the opposition are ALWAYS going to get a boost from that.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13: Oct 17, 2010 08:46:02 pm
      Bad Form?

LFC =  Reina  Gerrard  Carra  Cole  Torres.

Sell the f**king rest of them.

Next problemo?
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #14: Oct 17, 2010 08:49:12 pm
      Bad Form?

LFC =  Reina  Gerrard  Carra  Cole  Torres.

Sell the f**king rest of them.

Next problemo?
      Would keep Agger mate. An Raul, think he looks a decent player. Rest of them? F***ing terrible.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #15: Oct 17, 2010 08:50:49 pm
      And bring Aquilani back.  Tomorrow.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      Reply #16: Oct 17, 2010 08:58:57 pm
      Reina, Agger Raul, Gerrard and Torres, the rest are useless, and no manager is going to improve the rest they are average, and i ain't a fan of Hodgson
      redglen
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #17: Oct 17, 2010 09:31:40 pm
      its the players and the manager and two wrongs aint making it right
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #18: Oct 17, 2010 09:35:55 pm
      New manager is needed. also the players should be told they will be playing to keep their jobs from now till january end of story
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #19: Oct 17, 2010 09:44:10 pm
      Reina, Agger Raul, Gerrard and Torres, the rest are useless, and no manager is going to improve the rest they are average, and i ain't a fan of Hodgson

+ Pacheco and Cole
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      Reply #20: Oct 17, 2010 09:47:09 pm
      Cole needs a kick up the arse
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #21: Oct 17, 2010 09:55:13 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22: Oct 17, 2010 09:57:11 pm
      As i've just said to PT.

@RedLFCBlood  Mike Hunt
      @paul_tomkins Much to our detriment, at present I've never seen a Liverpool side play so deep and afford other teams so much time & space.

^^ that comes down to tactics not the players.

Roy sets his teams up to sit off the opposition and to let them break us down when not in possession.

Rafa set his teams up to put pressure on the ball.

Roy Hodson's win percentage in the Premier League so far (all clubs) 25.5%. Rafa's win percentage in the Premier League 55%.

Quick Reply