Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Europa League: Napoli vs Liverpool

Read 28379 times
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Re: Europa League: Napoli vs Liverpool
      Reply #253: Oct 21, 2010 08:59:40 am
      oh yeah "maximum preperation" for a team that hasnt won in 6 games and morale is rock bottom is to leave your star players out of an away game in europe

WHAT A TOSSER!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #254: Oct 21, 2010 09:07:50 am
      IMHO it's a good job they haven't travelled for this two bit comp.

I can imagine the stick Roy would get if either Torres or Gerrard got injured in Italy leaving them out of a MUCH MORE IMPORTANT game for the weekend.

Deary me Roy - you're dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

He's just plain damned, thats what he is! F***ing c**t, i want him gone.

Also, it aint no two-bit comp when we are in it.
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #255: Oct 21, 2010 09:12:44 am
      He's just plain damned, thats what he is! F***ing c**t, I want him gone.

Also, it aint no two-bit comp when we are in it.

Agree to differ.

We're on four points sitting comfortably in a two bob cup (whether we're in it or not) with MUCH MORE PRESSING matters at hand. In my opinion it's sensible to leave Torres and Gerrard out, if Rafa had made the same decsion I'm sure most would have been jizzing themselves over the genius' decison.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #256: Oct 21, 2010 09:17:49 am
      Its going to be very counter productive though. I agree the Prem game is important but god we dont need a pasting before the weekend.

Torres and Gerrard wanted to play

We dont need another pasting

Torres needs a goal

We need a bench that can inspire when we need it

Saying all this though, we lose and Roy will be out on his ass
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #257: Oct 21, 2010 09:18:48 am
      Agree to differ.

We're on four points sitting comfortably in a two bob cup (whether we're in it or not) with MUCH MORE PRESSING matters at hand. In my opinion it's sensible to leave Torres and Gerrard out, if Rafa had made the same decsion I'm sure most would have been jizzing themselves over the genius' decison.

Not at all, i would have wanted both at least on the bench. Would have questioned Rafa as well, but i would have at least been confident in Rafa's ability to win the match regardless.

We're in it. It's worth it. I guess if we win it, then you will just not care then? Or are you one of those who just sings when ya winning?

No matter, heres hoping Roy is F***ing off back to whatever sh*t-hole he came from by the end of today.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      LFC fans stabbed by Italian hooligans
      Reply #258: Oct 21, 2010 10:24:45 am
      Whether it was a relegation battle, mid table battle, top four battle the prem would still be more important than the Europa.

I won't dam him for loosing one game in Europe if it justifies his means.

Indeed but I know most won't be "jizzing themselves over the genius' decision."

To be fair tho', I guess an awful lot of the more savvy fans will suggest that; if it weren't for Roy we wouldn't be in that "relegation battle". ...and (dare I say it?) the decision would be more palatable if we were in a top four battle. I'm sure you can see that.

Whether we like it or not; Roy's way out of his depth Bleeds.  :-\
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #259: Oct 21, 2010 10:28:09 am

To be fair tho', I guess an awful lot of the more savvy fans will suggest that; if it weren't for Roy we wouldn't be in that "relegation battle". ...and (dare I say it?) the decision would be more palatable if we were in a top four battle. I'm sure you can see that.

Whether we like it or not; Roy's way out of his depth Bleeds.  :-\

100% this.

Though we shouldn't need to worry about Blackburn at home... :(
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #260: Oct 21, 2010 10:33:11 am

Whether we like it or not; Roy's way out of his depth Bleeds.  :-\

It is fast becoming that way.

And yes I can see the situation being more 'palatabe' if we were in the top four but we're not.

Thus, I'm not going to let my emotions get in the way of pragmatics.
      Ghirghis
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #261: Oct 21, 2010 10:42:59 am
      Well mates,
      The problem is that some would tar all of Napoli supporters. And this can be dangerous both in Naples and Anfield. I know Reds have great and polite fans, but any fan groups have "rotten apples". Hope nothing will happen in L'pool, and mainly no innocent people will be involved, just cuz of a F***ing groups of assholes which dared to attack unoffensive and pacific fans. How can they stab people? They are not our supporters, they are just shame of our city!
      Anyway fortunately we are in Europe, so none will bother innocent and uninvolved people. Do you know that Italian sport judge uses to disqualify our stadium just for 20-30 F***ing jerks? When Roma or Juventus supporters act must worse no serious sanctions are taken. Italian sport justice really have double standards!
      Anyway, I wish you a great match. Really hope players will behave as professionals. This sh*t should be erased from football.
      Ghirghis
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #262: Oct 21, 2010 11:05:56 am
      Some comments in our forum:
      "These assholes that aggressed Liverpool fans deserve to be killed on the electric chair ON THE SPOT and without any regular proceedings whatsoever. Such beasts are our city's destruction. I wish them to have a car accident in next 4 minutes and die smashed by an articulated lorry. Bloody them"
      "I suggest to throw these stubbers in the piles of wastes that are in our city".
      "Solidarity to L'pool fans"
      njny_scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts |
      Reply #263: Oct 21, 2010 12:36:37 pm
      But tomorrow night is a choice between fun times or watching Poulsen and Lucas pass it backwards and sideways whilst Carragher screams at everyone like he thinks he's King.

Haha Poulsen and Lucas. Watching them two for 90 minutes would kill my sex drive for a week.

+1 to you

At least it looks as though you will score.  More than be said for LFC.

And +1 to you as well
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #264: Oct 21, 2010 12:37:20 pm
      I have finally "recovered" from the 2 bloody awful games (Blackpool and Everton) that I went to.
      No passion, no confidence and no idea on what they are doing.
      They were 2 poor - average teams.  
      Napoli is a good team playing well.
      How on earth are we likely to beat them without the only players who look like scoring (Stevie, Nando and Kuyt)?

At best, and if we are lucky, it will finish 0-0
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #265: Oct 21, 2010 02:11:34 pm

should be him. It could be between him and Lucas, as he captained earlier in the season, but I want Reina to wear it. deserves it
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #266: Oct 21, 2010 02:14:21 pm
      team for tonyt guys. not confirmed but form a good source.

Jones
      Kelly   carra   skrtel    Konchesky
               Poulsen spearing
          Maxi                 jovanovic
                     Cole
                     Ngog

also heard pepe's been dropped cuz he was one of those who 'apparntly' questioned roys tactics
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #267: Oct 21, 2010 02:15:43 pm
      also heard pepe's been dropped cuz he was one of those who 'apparntly' questioned roys tactics

hope this is true, the gobs***e is tightening the noose himself
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #268: Oct 21, 2010 02:35:05 pm
      Is the match on the telly tonight? While i know its an LFC match, if i am honest, in a way i don't care as much about it. Its the league we need to sort out....BADLY!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #269: Oct 21, 2010 02:35:38 pm
      Is the match on the telly tonight? While I know its an LFC match, if I am honest, in a way I don't care as much about it. Its the league we need to sort out....BADLY!

ITV4, 6pm kick off
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #270: Oct 21, 2010 03:03:54 pm
      FFS its anarchy out there someone club him to death please its getting embarrasing. Pepe is another player we just cannot loose if we want to win the premier league one day.Agger is another and if Torres body language is anything to go by he thinks Roy is a tit aswell.
      Come on john henry show some leadership fire him now Rafa can fly to Naples and take the team for tonight.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #271: Oct 21, 2010 03:10:41 pm
      team for tonyt guys. not confirmed but form a good source.

Jones
      Kelly   carra   skrtel    Konchesky
               Poulsen spearing
          Maxi                 jovanovic
                     Cole
                     Ngog

sorry ...

swap jones for reina. swap shelvey for cole. and swap babel for maxi.
      suppose on the bright side shelvey gets a start
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #272: Oct 21, 2010 03:15:44 pm
      F**k me I'm concerned about tonight but I'm weirdly looking forward to it.

Maybe 'looking forward to it' isn't the right phrase actually. 'Intrigued'.
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #273: Oct 21, 2010 03:16:53 pm
      I suppose if Roy keeps canning players for questioning his tactics, we may get to see some of those reserves we desire to see so much.  Problem is...it may all be at once. 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #274: Oct 21, 2010 03:21:56 pm
      If many players are coming out to say they don't enjoy his style of play, there's something definitely wrong then.

I know players have to follow what the managers want and such and I very much believe all players would do anything they are told to help out the team.

However, as a manager you don't tell a player to change their style just because it doesn't suit you, you have to use their abilities and see what works out best for them and that does not include dropping them from the starting XI.

With all the different players with different abilities in the squad, you use their best attributes and then you're maximising the team's potential. You don't tell a certain player to be more 'English' or stop playing it on the ground.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #275: Oct 21, 2010 03:25:35 pm
      Roy is ready to lose this game as we just need 6 points from 4 games to progress and we need to rest players for game against mighty Blackburn. Feel really sad for the travelling away supporters.

Quick Reply