Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Hicks and Gillett disaster at Liverpool (Archive)

Read 21140 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      The Hicks and Gillett disaster at Liverpool (Archive)
      Oct 19, 2010 09:25:50 am
      Just thought it would be a good idea to post links to some of the biggest, and most frustrating topics in LFC's torturous 3 and a half year H&G reign.

To serve as a reminder to the tough times we fought.  Some of these topics have been locked for new posts.

Hicks and Gillett (Started June 2007 - concerns raised as to their character only 4 months in)
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=2900.0

The Takeover Merry Go-Round (January 2008 - up until NESV's bid)
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=5956.0

Sold?: Liverpool FC to be sold to NESV (Offer comes in for club)
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=33392.0

Winners! Liverpool FC go to the High Court
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=33430.0

Hicks granted TRO (Hicks trys to block High Court move)
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=33650.0

NESV: New owners of LFC (unlocked topic following NESV's era in general)
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=33716.0
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Re: The Hicks and Gillett disaster at Liverpool (Archive)
      Reply #1: Oct 19, 2010 10:31:33 am
      After reading the cold hard facts of what they did to the club I was once again filled with amazement that Hicks gave an interview on US TV in which he endeavoured to explain the boardroom battle which saw him kicked out of his own club.
      To quote the Echo he appeared "pale and close to tears".
      He said he was "shocked,devastated and frustrated" at the outcome and blamed RBS,Broughton and his own employees for an "organised conspiracy" to stop him regaining control of the club, he stated that it went on for months by people he thought were friends and loyal to him but they prevented him paying off his debt.

F**k off Tom your days are over and you can lie to your heart's content in your own backyard and 3,000 miles from LFC.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #2: Oct 19, 2010 11:52:31 am
      You can lie and bluster all you want Tom, some ill-informed journos may fall for your deceit, but the facts are right there for all to see.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3: Oct 24, 2010 02:03:54 pm
      Whenever I'm feeling to happy, I may check those links, bring me down a bit.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #4: Feb 27, 2012 12:53:42 am
      On a day like today,you have just to admire our progress,from those really dark days.We now have a Manager who has the support of the Board,our excessive debt has been removed,our Owners seem to want to provide success.God bless Rafa and all those who stood by him,in their fight to remove our cancer,King Kenny was part of that.Those two corrupt individuals,will rot in hell, for their actions.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5: Feb 27, 2012 07:46:33 pm
      Not forgetting ar Linda.....

She was born to wear red.

All that's missing from that outfit is a luvverly pearl necklace.  :angel:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Feb 27, 2012 08:11:37 pm
      Not forgetting ar Linda.....

She was born to wear red.

All that's missing from that outfit is a luvverly pearl necklace.  :angel:

She can have one of mine. ;D
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #7: Feb 27, 2012 08:14:16 pm
      Nice one  :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: Feb 27, 2012 08:17:29 pm

I'm generous like that. :)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #9: Feb 27, 2012 08:48:18 pm

You don't look the type:

Just as a footnote:

You do know I wasn't talking jewellery and that I was actually insinuating that I would gladly splurge my man fat on her right?

:angel:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Feb 27, 2012 08:51:40 pm
      Yeh, I get jokes. ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: Feb 28, 2012 09:17:37 am

;D

I was mainly aiming my comment at gazzy g who appears to be a bit slow in catching up. ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #12: Mar 07, 2012 12:41:33 am
      RULING REQUEST AFTER LIVERPOOL SALE

Bank bosses involved in a sale of Liverpool Football Club have asked a High Court judge to declare them not guilty of "any dishonesty or corruption".

Lawyers representing the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) told Mr Justice Peter Smith that former Liverpool owners Thomas Hicks and George Gillett had alleged a "grand conspiracy" but failed to produce "any evidence".

The bank's call for declarations of innocence - at a High Court hearing in London - marked the start of the latest round of civil litigation in the wake of the 2010 sale.

Hicks and Gillett launched legal action claiming that the club was sold at a "substantial undervalue" and said the RBS and Liverpool directors "deliberately" blocked their attempts to "refinance".

RBS bosses and directors dispute the allegations.

Richard Snowden QC, for the RBS, on Tuesday asked the judge to rule that there was no case to answer - and directors are expected to make a similar application if the bank succeeds.

"In short, RBS contends that it is entitled to declarations to the effect that RBS was not a party to any dishonesty or conspiracy in relation to the sale in October 2010 of Liverpool Football Club," said Mr Snowden, in written submissions given to Mr Justice Peter Smith.

"Messrs Hicks and Gillett (alleged) a 'grand conspiracy' involving RBS. More than a year later and despite an extensive review of documents they have signally failed to produce any evidence to support these allegations."

Hicks and Gillett say a trial is needed and complain that granting the RBS "the legal equivalent of a 'Get Out of Jail Free card"' would "stand justice on its head".

The hearing is expected to end later this week and the judge is then likely to reserve judgment to a later date.

Hicks and Gillett allege that the RBS unfairly "took control away" from them when it "enforced its rights to repayment against a borrower".

Their lawyers allege that the RBS brief to directors appeared to have been to "secure the sale of the assets as quickly as possible".

"Refinance was available and RBS could have been repaid in full," said Ali Malek QC, for Hicks and Gillett, in written arguments given to the judge.

"They were however so fixed on their objective of severing all links between the club and the former owners that a commercial approach was not followed."

He said Hicks and Gillett had a "powerful case" and told the judge that there was a "need for a trial".

Malek added: "To grant at this stage... the legal equivalent of a 'Get Out of Jail Free card' would be to stand justice on its head."

Liverpool was sold to New England Sports Ventures - headed by American businessman John W Henry - in a £300million deal on October 15 2010.

Hicks and Gillett, who are also American, tried and failed to block the sale after launching legal action in the High Court.

They also launched then halted legal action in the United States, claiming an "epic swindle".

Both subsequently launched damages claims against RBS and Liverpool directors Sir Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre.

http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162,8698_7575111,00.html
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13: Mar 19, 2012 09:47:13 pm
      I get exhausted with the posts some of us were doing on the High Court days.
      We nailed 'em though.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #14: Mar 19, 2012 09:56:53 pm
      I get exhausted with the posts some of us were doing on the High Court days.
      We nailed 'em though.

I was away in the Lakes, with some dodgy 3G signal, my iPhone took a hammering.

They were interesting days, enhanced by the fact we won.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #15: Mar 19, 2012 10:17:01 pm
      Turned into nice memories so they did.
      Sgt_Hard
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #16: Feb 27, 2013 01:18:44 pm
      If anyone want to read the book "Epic Swindle" by Brian Reade about them cu*ts, send me a pm as can email the pdf version.

Quick Reply