Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC fans stabbed by Italian hooligans

Read 13347 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: LFC fans stabbed by Italian hooligans
      Reply #92: Oct 22, 2010 10:39:22 am
      Wish our injured Red colleagues a speedy recovery.

F***ing disgraceful that is but what's that c**t Platini gonna do about it? Sweet F**k all knowing him, he'll just blame it on the Liverpool fans. He's a pig.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #93: Oct 22, 2010 10:59:18 am
      I can't believe the little press this has got. If this happened in UK, the Batters and Patinis would have their tits up by now banning the clubs for life. Yet this happens in Italy and so little being said? Its stabbings for heaven's sake. Unbelievable.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #94: Oct 22, 2010 11:14:46 am
      Shocking behavior which UEFA will do f**k all about.

Hoping for a speedy recovery. YWNA.
      conrad
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #95: Oct 22, 2010 11:41:25 am
      From website www.tuttonapoli.net

http://www.tuttonapoli.net/?action=read&idnotizia=50172

Sorry for English, I've used google translator

They smile, they do not understand a word, they look a bit 'worried because they told him that we must be careful here. But for most of the English away in Naples, the impact to the city is not as if waiting for: find faces serene and fraternal attitude. They find themselves in the midst of the tourist streets and try to hide their identity, however, are recognized immediately. The smiles that are more intense cross of profanity coming from afar. The attack on Wednesday night has turned the trip into the city of the sun and heat, in a difficult day. The voice of the stabbings spread has run in a flash.

Everyone here knows that land. And fear. The girls shake the forearm of boyfriends and you do not ever relax. Even during a morning stroll along the seafront in the hot summer looks. The Naples of the decent people ashamed of what happened in the night: Caracciolo Street around noon, a man and a woman approaching middle age kids smiling with Liverpool scarves. The scene is singular: the British see those people get sent to them and hang astonished, gentlemen, for fear of being mistaken for criminals is exaggerated and Tugging in regards to 'welcome' screamed so loud that they also hear the children in city park. It ends with handshakes and photo with the Castel dell 'Ovo in the background.

Half hour later in Garibaldi Square seems that something is going to worry about. There is a crowd of people watching, the police cars that pass, slow to understand. Fortunately in this case there is nothing dramatic to understand. It's just another meeting of friendship that has developed by accident leaving the station: this time there are no girls, they are all males, both the British that the Italians have scary faces and tattooed arms, yet they seem old friends encountered. Other than hooligans. The beautiful face meeting between supporters clouded when they get the signals of the voltage.

At two in the afternoon, the group that is located in Garibaldi square learns that some British have rained stones and rotten fruit in a downtown street. They gather, they are worried, they decided to aim towards the point of concentration which is fixed to Beverello where there should be buses that will bring the fans is to me. By rail to the port we arrive on foot, on a long walk during which almost all are amazed by the paralysis of traffic that's in the city: "It's always like this from you?" Asked the boldest of the group. They do not know the words to the controversy arising from the mayor of Naples and is not interested in commenting. Accepted the resignation with "no" when asked shopkeepers to buy beer. But when they arrive at the party Beverello and someone discovers that there is drunk. Forty boys and girls, forty cans of beer. No one seems drunk, but now there's brigade to hold to account for what is happening. In Naples, on the day of the match with Liverpool do not drink, so England fans reluctantly separate from cans. The fighters say they need to confiscate. Buses depart for the stadium. There is air patrol, the police are in tension. The bus will not be touched by chaos, which occurs when the police went to disperse the Neapolitan attempting to assault.

The organization has not been the same for everyone. They come in ones and twos and sometimes fail to understand where to go. It happens, so that an hour before the match a group of 10 Liverpool fans can be found, lost, at the entrance of the "curva B" (stand of Napoli Ultras). They spent the filter to separate the fans because they all wear the blue shirt of Napoli who bought from a stall along the road. All they had mistaken for Naples, until you open their mouths to ask for information.

The "curva B," at least that part which was in line to pass the gates, he hath been turned around and tried to explain the way to the forum guests. Until someone decided to shorten time and explanations he called the police to please come and explain to you where to go, even accompany them, otherwise who knows what hands they end
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #96: Oct 22, 2010 12:49:33 pm
      Its about time the Italians got some real punishement from UEFA, every year this happens without fail. If it was us we would get a ban, it makes me sick...

Worst of all the media only care about shrek moving or not moving or something...

Safe return to all Reds abroad -YNWA
      conrad
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #97: Oct 22, 2010 04:23:58 pm
      UEFA has punished the Italy when has choose where to play Euro 2016...
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #98: Oct 22, 2010 04:31:49 pm
      Rome 84 you mean, don't think 77 was THAT bad!!

I thought it was just as bad mate. I read something recently which was saying that in 77, it was awful. Suppose 84 would have been far worse due to the Italian supporters though ;D.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #99: Oct 22, 2010 07:22:15 pm
      A mate of mine has been to Naples and he told me that its mad ghetto and scummy. Has anyone been?

Its not all the same!
      My mum comes from Naples- but up by the mountains, not the main city.
      I have been- every year, and its beautiful.

These are mad, disgusting hooligans who probably know nothing about football- its not Italians.
      Dont tar them all with the same brush.

Back on topic- i read today one of the lads who was injured, was in hospital for a few hours- then discharged himself so he could go to the game!!
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #100: Oct 22, 2010 11:49:46 pm
      Its not all the same!
      My mum comes from Naples- but up by the mountains, not the main city.
      I have been- every year, and its beautiful.

These are mad, disgusting hooligans who probably know nothing about football- its not Italians.

Back on topic- I read today one of the lads who was injured, was in hospital for a few hours- then discharged himself so he could go to the game!!

Yes I agree but things have to be fair. UEFA has to take same actions whether they are English hooligans or Italian ones. If this was to happen in Liverpool in 2 weeks, LFC would have been banned or something...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #101: Oct 23, 2010 07:46:17 am

If this was the first time recently that Italian 'Ultras' had caused problems, I'd say fine, but this isn't the first time & maybe now, some action is required by UEFA, that may hurt Italian football & while they are at it, they need to look at similar problems in Turkey.
      UltrasMC
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #102: Oct 23, 2010 03:25:12 pm
      Dear Liverpool's Fan
      I represent an Ultras Group of NAPOLI, namely "MASSERIA CARDONE".
      We believe real ultras but seeing what happened to your companions remain outraged.
      THE NAPOLI ULTRAS don't like attacks the innocent and defenseless person.
      HERE WE ALL AGREE ON YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE sorry for.

M * C NAPOLI 1991

p.s. SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH BUT
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      Reply #103: Oct 23, 2010 06:02:26 pm
      Hey, dont think im justifying what happened- i just dont think all Italians should be tarred with the same brush & the city called "scummy!"

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #104: Oct 23, 2010 06:14:28 pm
      Hey, dont think im justifying what happened- i just dont think all Italians should be tarred with the same brush & the city called "scummy!"

Yeah the word I've heard used about the place from lads returning home is "shithole"
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      Reply #105: Oct 23, 2010 06:22:33 pm
      To be honest i have never been to the main city where the stadium is, just in the suburbs where my family live.

But im sure if we won, & everybody behaved themselves- these things would not be said.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #106: Oct 23, 2010 07:07:22 pm
      Yeah the word I've heard used about the place from lads returning home is "shithole"

And the area around Anfield is paradise.

I'm sure there are areas in Naples which are very nice. Just hope there is no trouble when they come here.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #107: Oct 23, 2010 07:15:48 pm

I'm sure there are areas in Naples which are very nice. Just hope there is no trouble when they come here.

They're supposed to be bringing between 7,000 and 15,000 even though they only got allocated 2,900, if that does happen there will be trouble, there is a piece in the echo today about Roma in 2001 with the Police commander saying there was no trouble at Anfield, what he fails to mention is the Roma fans that were battered in town that night.

Some will want revenge, Birmingham in the Fa Cup, Sheff Utd in the league cup, it has happened before.
      conrad
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #108: Oct 24, 2010 11:16:06 am

Sure. There are many areas in Naples safe and beautiful. I think which will be not problems in Liverpool
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #109: Oct 24, 2010 11:35:45 am
      Speedy recovery lad's get well soon.

Quick Reply