Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Tevez Agent has Arrest Warrant Out on Him!

Read 3079 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Tevez Agent has Arrest Warrant Out on Him!
      Jul 13, 2007 12:30:53 pm
      This fiasco of a transfer now seems to have taken a most unusual if not surprising twist as a Brazilian Judge has issued an arrest order for Kia Joorabchian the man responsible for Carlos Tevez affairs! I notice the charges involve money laundering and being part of a criminal gang. I honestly thought it would only be a matter of time before connections to criminal gangs were made as the amount of money now moving about when a transfer takes place would put a coke deal to shame! (Or so I have heard anyway) what is really annoying is if we had known the mafia was getting involved in football we could have had Zenden sleeping with the fishes a whole lot sooner! (Sorry I know he’s gone I should let it go)
      I only hope that our deal for Mascherano is watertight and there are no contract loopholes whatsoever because I have a feeling if this man goes to trial quite a few deals will be exposed in the open court and punishments over misdemeanours involving players contracts will be severe to the extreme as no one will want to look the guilty party.

From Sky

The purported transfer of Carlos Tevez to Manchester United has taken a fresh twist, with the news that an arrest order has been issued for businessman Kia Joorabchian, the representative responsible for the player's affairs.
      A federal judge in Brazil has charged Joorabchian, amongst others, with money-laundering and being part of a criminal gang, for the role he played in the relationship between Media Sports Investment (MSI), the company he fronts, and Corinthians, the Brazilian club he first took Tevez to, before bringing him to England.
      London-based MSI has been under investigation ever since it took over Corinthians back in 2004, with Brazilian intelligence known to have run thorough checks on the company.
      "The (MSI) transactions are carried out with the use of numerous offshore accounts which have the single and well-known intention of distancing the investor and the illicit origin of the resources from their final destination, in this case the purchase and sale of (football) players," the federal attorneys Silvio Luis Martins de Oliveira and Rodrigo de Grandis are quoted as saying on Brazilian legal website consultor Juridico.
      The detention of Corinthians president Alberto Dualib has also been ordered, along with that of Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky, whose money is thought to have bankrolled MSI. Both face similar charges.
      News of Joorabchian's impending arrest has overshadowed the news, revealed exclusively to Sky Sports News on Thursday, that Tevez would wrap up his move to Manchester United in the next few days.
      Suspicions of corruption were raised by the failure of money involved in the purchasing of players to be passed through the country, in a chain of events which has manifest accusations of money laundering. Both MSI and Corinthians have reportedly been unable to clarify the origins of the money, which proceeded to lead to the investigation, that has ultimately led to Joorabchian's impending arrest and cast further doubts over Tevez's move to United.
      Joorabchian has been at the centre of the furore caused by Tevez's switch to West Ham, which concluded at the campaign's end with the Premier League club being fined £5.5million, having been found guilty of third-party ownership.
      Sheffield United, who feel they should be reinstated to the top flight, at West Ham's expense, have taken the matter to the High Court, but it would appear Joorabchian now has more pressing affairs of his own.

Story
      Link
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Re: Tevez Agent has Arrest Warrant Out on Him!
      Reply #1: Jul 13, 2007 12:54:50 pm
      If your gonna mix money with football, you better shake it and not stir it, otherwise this will happen.

Not surprised. That dude Joorabchian always sounded crazier than a bag of cats. Hope it doesnt mess up tevez's career
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #2: Jul 14, 2007 03:56:28 pm
      Hope it put Tevez transfer to utd in doubt.
      ONTHEWING
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 18, 2007 12:09:15 pm
      the whole Tevez saga just seems to get more and more complicated especially now that he's in Manchester but the Hammers are refusing permission for him to have a medical.............. Whilst I'm sure this is all a 'bit of a nuisance' for the clubs I feel sorry for Tevez; this is his career they're messing with!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #4: Jul 18, 2007 12:33:14 pm
      Sorry if this has been done but,
      1 Manure are talking to Tevez.
      2 Tevez is talking to Manure
      3 West Ham do not want to sell, thus one would presume they have not given permission for 1 & 2.
      4 Is this "tapping" up? if not why not?
      5 If it is not tapping up then permission must have been given by someone, who? the Third party who hols Tevez papers!

Can some one please help, am I missing somthing like "it's Manure so they can do what they want"
      I just dont get it!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #5: Jul 19, 2007 08:19:33 am
      Man-U will probabally just wave cash in front of everybody's nose and they will forget about the whole thing.

Quick Reply