Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Charlie Adam (Blackpool)

Read 221821 times
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Re: Charlie Adam (Blackpool)
      Reply #3105: Jul 07, 2011 09:26:30 pm
      I think he's more quick than fast, which can be just as effective.  I'd deploy him as a central midfielder in a 4-3-3, but I'm sure Kenny has a plan in place for him.  He clearly wanted Adam.  Now, he's got him just sit back and enjoy!

Edit: quick...as in...short "quick" burst.  It seems to me he has just enough movement to get off a pass or shot when needed.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #3106: Jul 07, 2011 09:40:46 pm
      Adam wasn't great at left midfield for Rangers but there are plenty of reasons (chiefly their sh*te players and horrendously negative tactics) for that but it certainly isn't suited to his best talents.

In a midfield three I think he can be a good player for us, in a midfield four then he'd need to be playing with a player shielding.

Don't think there is any serious chance he'll be on the left of midfield.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3107: Jul 07, 2011 09:44:24 pm
      Something to remember also is going forward...how long is Lucas's contract, Meireles? How long will SG be playing...Kenny & Comolli are getting the guy's they want but do not doubt that they are following FSG's mantra of 2 years out..3 years..5 years...for all we know Adam might be the starting CM for LFC at the age of 27.

None of the transfers we have done have been a "quick fix" acquisition...all of them and those in the future will be not just the "now" but also mid-term and long-term implications.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #3108: Jul 07, 2011 09:46:45 pm
      Currently, I rate him on par with Meireles and we need to abolish this culture of people being first choice on the team sheet first game back from injury - he can prove himself like everyone else has been, there's no question he's got the ability to do so, so come on Steven, let's have it.  Note, this is no reflection on his previous contribution to the club because he has been f**king phenomenal in the past and I'm thankful he's a Liverpool player and not a <random club> player.  He's earned the right to retire here IMO, but not the right to be an automatic first choice pick.  I'm going to get slated for this, but it's just how I see things.

Totally agree vitez, especially the part in bold. A player should have to earn their place and with Adam coming in we have more options in midfield and therefore players will have to earn their place and like you I would include Gerrard in that.

lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #3109: Jul 07, 2011 09:50:01 pm
      Adam is not THAT slow. He isn't quick, but he is decent over short distances from what I have seen.

I agree, I think people look at people moan about his fitness and his weight and assume he's slow. He's fairly quick and is strong on the ball.

I think Adam can become a very good player if he works on his fitness. You can see he has the quality with his passing, just needs to not try the Hollywood pass all the time and he doesn't pull out of tackles like *cough Meireles cough*.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #3110: Jul 07, 2011 09:55:05 pm
      True but another way of looking at it is he'll be surrounded by players with better movement, greater game intelligence and higher fitness levels. He may well find it even easier playing in our team.

I suppose your right, who will have to give way though? I think our central midfield would be well equipped next season with Gerrard and Lucas and Spearing in support.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #3111: Jul 07, 2011 10:00:29 pm
      I asked that question sometime ago.I sit easier to look good in a poor team or to look good in a good team. I think to look good even though th eplayers around you are obviously poor takes some doing.I think there is a lot more to come from Adam Kenny obviously thinks so.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #3112: Jul 07, 2011 10:13:40 pm
      I asked that question sometime ago.I sit easier to look good in a poor team or to look good in a good team. I think to look good even though th eplayers around you are obviously poor takes some doing.I think there is a lot more to come from Adam Kenny obviously thinks so.

I agree walton.

If a player who already looks good in a poor side I can only see him improve when playing with better players.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #3113: Jul 07, 2011 10:15:28 pm
      Anyone know why the deal hasn't been completed yet?

Maybe another signing is already done. Doni?

Maybe that's the hold up and they will be unveiled togethter ...
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #3114: Jul 07, 2011 10:18:24 pm
      Every player should have to earn his place in the side and that shouldn't be based simply on performances in seasons past but with recent performances very much in mind. But the performances of a player like Gerrard over the years have proven his ability, his commitment and his value to the side beyond doubt and should absolutely be factored in to the selection decision. You can take confidence from the fact that he's played to such a high level for so long, as our captain, as a player who's inspired teammates and fans alike that, with a clean bill of health and playing in a new team and under the guidance of a club legend who he admires, if given the opportunity he will again prove just what a good player he is. Raul Meireles may be a classy player but he doesn't have that experience, that connection with the club that gives you added reason to persist in playing him.

Charlie Adam, Charlie Adam, Charlie Adam. Just to keep it back on topic.
      el-g-toni
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 49 
      • el-g-toni.blogspot.com
      Reply #3115: Jul 07, 2011 11:07:56 pm
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #3116: Jul 07, 2011 11:09:29 pm
      Yep, time to put this thread to bed :)
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #3117: Jul 07, 2011 11:16:39 pm
      lock it up
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3118: Jul 07, 2011 11:42:27 pm
      Player Thread here now he's all ours  ;D

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=39146.0

Topic Locked.

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2011 07:05:42 pm by redkenny, Reason: Link wasn\'t working »

Quick Reply