Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Is Arsenal the new breeding ground of the Next generation of England Stars?

Read 870 times
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 504 posts | 15 
      Is Arsenal the new breeding ground of the Next generation of England Stars?
      Oct 30, 2010 11:35:13 am
      Arsene Wenger has always been criticized for the lack of English footballers in his team. He has always maintained that he has no english player good enough for his team on a technical level. Now today we see some young and upcoming stars in the Arsenal team which Wenger has moulded in his image. The Walcots, Wilshires, Randals, Jays etc. So is the man justified in developing his own players? Did he deserve the perennial criticisms from the media for not playing english players over the past couple seasons? Your thoughts on this guys.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,271 posts | 283 
      • Let's talk about six
      Re: Is Arsenal the new breeding ground of the Next generation of England Stars?
      Reply #1: Oct 30, 2010 12:43:05 pm
      i dont believe in all that talk about if you play lots of english players the national side will be better if your good enough you will come through and play no matter where your from and my answer to your question is that Wenger he should be praised ( or his scouting team ) for bringing through Wiltshere who is going to be excellent and your Walcotts and Gibbs
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Oct 30, 2010 06:50:40 pm
      No there mostly non English  :f_whistle:
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #3: Oct 30, 2010 11:42:55 pm
      Was looking at the England under 21, under 19 and under 17 national teams, doesn't show me that Arsenal is a breeding ground at all. I just think with Wilshire they do have one of the most talented English players of his age.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Oct 31, 2010 06:22:30 am
      Not really ???

They have Wilshere, Randall won't make the grade, Walcott is still overlooked at every chance by Capello, Gibbs parks his arse on the bench for Arsenal, Not one Englishman in the starting XI against West Ham.

Breeding ground? No. But they have some very good prospects, both English and non-English.

Quick Reply