Read 10163 times
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Blaise Matuidi (Saint-Etienne)
      Oct 30, 2010 12:11:26 pm
      LFC on alert as French ace eyes Premier League
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/lfc-on-alert-as-french-ace-eyes-pl

Blaise Matuidi has put Arsenal and Liverpool on alert by insisting that the Premier League is where he sees his future.

The Saint Etienne midfielder, who has been linked with the Premier League duo in the past few months, has been attracting the interest of Juventus who are reportedly lining up a January bid for the French enforcer.

Matuidi is flattered by the interest shown by Juventus however insists that the Premier League is where he sees his next move, as it suits his own style of play:

"It is nice to know a club like Juventus is following you or asking about you," the 23-year-old said.

"But the league that would suit me best is the Premier League. This is due to tactical, cultural and physical reasons, and the atmosphere in the stadiums."
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Re: Blaise Matuidi (Saint-Etienne)
      Reply #1: Oct 30, 2010 12:21:27 pm
      Don't know him. If a holding midfielder he'd do no worse than Poulsen if the deal is of the same price.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Oct 30, 2010 04:16:55 pm
      Is he Blaise by name & nature I wonder!
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #3: Oct 30, 2010 04:52:07 pm
      Passes the FM test, turns into a quality DM.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #4: Oct 31, 2010 04:50:04 am
      Passes the FM test, turns into a quality DM.

Yes. One of the very best.
      rob42
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 01, 2010 08:46:22 pm
      Blaise Matuidi is a very good midfielder ( I know him because I live in Saint-Etienne and I support this club too ) but I don't think he will leave St Etienne this winter because he feels very good in this team and he is loved by the fans of St Etienne.

ps: Forgive my english, I'm a french boy.
      « Last Edit: Nov 02, 2010 10:22:21 am by rob42 »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,672 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Nov 06, 2010 10:22:09 pm
      Appointment of Damien Comolli Can Help Liverpool Land St. Etienne Captain Blaise Matuidi
      http://www.nesn.com/2010/11/recent-appointment-of-damien-comolli-can-help-liverpool-land-blaise-matuidi.html

by Jill Seward on Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 9:05AM   

On Wednesday, Liverpool announced the appointment of Damien Comolli as their new director of football strategy, and there's no grace period with this position.

The Reds are already counting the ways Comolli can help them with new additions come January, and they have their sights set on Saint-Etienne captain Blaise Matuidi.

According to a report by The Daily Mail, Comolli -- who left St. Etienne on Tuesday -- is now focusing his efforts on luring Matuidi to Anfield. It's reported that both Liverpool and Arsenal are interested in the 23-year-old midfielder, but the Reds take the upper hand with Comolli on their side.

Comolli was one of the main reasons Matuidi has stayed put at St. Etienne for so long. It was just last month that Comolli said the "lure of the big club" has been tempting the defensive-minded midfielder for a while.

"He is our captain and a major player for us," Comolli said while working as sporting director at St. Etienne."He's done well for us last season but we convinced him to stay. But I'm not being naive, I know it will be difficult to keep him and know he will end up in England or one of the top clubs in Europe."

Now that he's joined Roy Hodgson and the staff at Anfield, Comolli is ready to help Matuidi transition into the Premier League. Known for his success in recruiting young talent, Comolli can definitely help develop a younger crop of players in the Liverpool system.

A transition to the Premier League has been a dream of Matuidi's for some time. Last month when he was pursued by Juventus in Serie A, Matuidi said he was more interested in making the leap to England.

"It is nice to know a club like Juventus is following you or asking about you," Matuidi said. "But the league that would suit me best is the Premier League. This is due to tactical, cultural and physical reasons, and the atmosphere in the stadiums."

Matuidi is best known for his combative style of play on defense and his playmaking abilities from the midfield.

Sound like a quality first signing. Last copy and paste for me tonight.
      Time for some tasty beverages
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #7: Nov 06, 2010 10:34:55 pm
      Don't know anything about him to be honest but his arrival I think would spell the end for Lucas.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #8: Nov 07, 2010 11:09:47 am
      Anfield set to Blaize a trail for Matuidi

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/anfield-set-to-blaize-a-trail-for-matuidi

Liverpool's new Sporting director Damien Comolli is ready to raid former club St Etienne for their captain Blaise Matuidi.

Comolli joined Liverpool last week with the brief of "identifying new and exciting talent" for the Anfield club.

Now the Frenchman could instigate a move for the £7 million rated midfielder, 23, in January.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Nov 07, 2010 12:24:10 pm
      Doubt he's worth only 7m. Many wraps him and he's their captain. Probably closer to 12m.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Apr 24, 2011 10:20:51 pm
      Reminder:

NOTW is a no no.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 25, 2011 02:53:57 pm
      LIVERPOOL director of football Damien Comolli has praised the qualities of potential target Blaise Matuidi.

The highly-rated Saint Etienne midfielder has been linked with a move to Anfield this summer.

“In France, all the figures prove that the player who wins the most possession at the feet of his opponents is Blaise Matuidi,” Comolli said.

“That is an extraordinary strong point.

"When the team plays high, it means a goal chance.”

Comolli has revealed how statistics now play a key role in the Reds’ transfer decisions.

He says the policy has already paid off with the acquisition of Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez combined with the sale of Fernando Torres in January.

“When you find yourself handling three of the biggest transfers in English football history in the last days of the market, precise figures allow you not to do that blind,” he added.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/04/25/liverpool-fc-s-director-of-football-damien-comolli-hails-st-etienne-s-blaise-matuidi-100252-28577750/#ixzz1KXinuLW9

Looks like we're signing him
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #12: Apr 25, 2011 03:50:09 pm
      LIVERPOOL director of football Damien Comolli has praised the qualities of potential target Blaise Matuidi.

The highly-rated Saint Etienne midfielder has been linked with a move to Anfield this summer.

“In France, all the figures prove that the player who wins the most possession at the feet of his opponents is Blaise Matuidi,” Comolli said.

“That is an extraordinary strong point.

"When the team plays high, it means a goal chance.”

Comolli has revealed how statistics now play a key role in the Reds’ transfer decisions.

He says the policy has already paid off with the acquisition of Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez combined with the sale of Fernando Torres in January.

“When you find yourself handling three of the biggest transfers in English football history in the last days of the market, precise figures allow you not to do that blind,” he added.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/04/25/liverpool-fc-s-director-of-football-damien-comolli-hails-st-etienne-s-blaise-matuidi-100252-28577750/#ixzz1KXinuLW9

Looks like we're signing him

Wouldn't say it's nailed on yet mate. That's just Comolli throwing his name out there to show we're interested. I personally haven't seen enough of him play, but I do think we need a DM so this is the kind of player we should be after.

He was amazing on the old Pro Evo's as a youngster! :D
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 25, 2011 05:15:45 pm
      Actually i'm reasonably surprised that we're interested. With the Adam deal allegedly going through I think the centre midfield is one of our strongest areas on the pitch. I know FSG are trying to strengthen the side in just about all areas but the way Lucas has being playing in DM, tells me that we don't particularly need him. Anyway if he's a good player then it will do us no harm
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #14: Apr 25, 2011 09:47:24 pm
      Actually I'm reasonably surprised that we're interested. With the Adam deal allegedly going through I think the centre midfield is one of our strongest areas on the pitch. I know FSG are trying to strengthen the side in just about all areas but the way Lucas has being playing in DM, tells me that we don't particularly need him. Anyway if he's a good player then it will do us no harm

We have Lucas and Spearing in the DM position. Signing Blaise would probably mean getting rid of Spearing (in Enrique deal?).
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #15: Apr 26, 2011 04:02:52 pm
      We have Lucas and Spearing in the DM position. Signing Blaise would probably mean getting rid of Spearing (in Enrique deal?).
      That would be a big no no for me. Local lad, understands the club and has potential. You might be right tho
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #16: Apr 26, 2011 05:43:33 pm
      Not sure Spearing will ever be anything more than a squad player to be brutally honest. Not saying he's not useful, I think if he did leave he'd be a good Premiership player elsewhere, but Matuidi seems to be pretty highly rated, but I like a lot of French based DM's so I might be biased.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #17: Apr 26, 2011 10:30:13 pm
      By the looks of it he"s a good DM but i can"t see comolli and kenny bidding for him, after all we have 2 good DMs in lucas and spearing it"s a quality LB like baines we need.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #18: Apr 26, 2011 10:37:28 pm
      I wouldn't call spearing quality he's played a couple of good games in the last couple of years.

This could be an interesting signing
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #19: Apr 26, 2011 10:50:59 pm
      I didn"t call Spearing quality ,i said he was good and he"s doing a fine job at it filling in for StevieG .
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #20: Apr 26, 2011 10:58:07 pm
      What makesd me suspicious is that we're also linked with Payet. Makes me think that we're being autonatically linked with Saint-Etienne's better players purely due to DC's links.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #21: Apr 26, 2011 11:06:36 pm
      What makesd me suspicious is that we're also linked with Payet. Makes me think that we're being autonatically linked with Saint-Etienne's better players purely due to DC's links.
      I thought that aswell could it be just a ploy to throw the media off our real targets.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Apr 28, 2011 04:56:24 pm

Quick Reply