Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Niko Kranjcar (Spurs)

Read 13967 times
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 985 posts | 15 
      Niko Kranjcar (Spurs)
      Oct 30, 2010 08:35:53 pm
      Niko Kranjcar could be given the chance to kick-start his career with a January transfer to Liverpool.

The Croatia midfielder has indicated he is keen to leave Spurs after falling out of favour at White Hart Lane because of the form of Gareth Bale and summer signing Rafael van der Vaart.

According to the Times, he could get his wish to move on after Liverpool asked about his availability.

Reds boss Roy Hodgson has made it clear he intends to add to his squad in January and is looking for players capable of slotting into a Premier League side straight away.

Kranjcar, 26, fits that profile having played in England since 2006, initially with Portsmouth before making a £2 million switch to Tottenham in 2009.

However, a move for Kranjcar would test the commitment of Liverpool's new owners, as Spurs are believed to value him at around £7 million.

Newcastle United and Everton are also interested, but Tottenham's asking price is likely to prove too expensive for both clubs.
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/niko-kranjcar-set-for-lfc-transfer

My dreams might actually come true! <3
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Niko Kranjcar (Spurs)
      Reply #1: Oct 30, 2010 08:36:57 pm
      £7 million are Spurs having a laugh they bought him for £2 million and he has flopped with them.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2: Oct 30, 2010 08:58:22 pm
      £7 million are Spurs having a laugh they bought him for £2 million and he has flopped with them.

How has he flopped??

He would be more then a welcome addition to our squad, besides Arry has never played the guy in his position which is in the "hole". That is where he carves up  thr modt2
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: Oct 30, 2010 09:36:22 pm
      He has flopped because he has barely played and now they are trying to off load him, Spurs fans have not being impressed with him.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Oct 30, 2010 09:39:14 pm
      Was he even good enough to get into the Spurs squad?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Oct 30, 2010 09:49:41 pm
      If he is any more than £3 million no we are a better club than Spurs now NESV are here we should not be buying there cast offs.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #6: Oct 30, 2010 09:51:47 pm
      He hardly got games when Van Der Vaart wasn't there last season, didn't he?

I was actually hoping we would sign him when he was about to leave Portsmouth. I'm not sure what he positions are but always have thought of him as an Attacking Midfielder or Winger.

If those are his positions, granted he's better than Lucas and Poulsen but there's no point buying, because his arrival wouldn't have an impact on Lucas' or Poulsen's positions in the team because they are played centrally and he would be played on the wings.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #7: Oct 30, 2010 09:51:52 pm
      He hasn't flopped. Last year he did really well for and was their stand out performer for a while. Only reason he was dropped was because Modric came back from injury and Bale was put on the wing.

Would take him in a heart beat for 7m. Class player.

And he only cost Spurs 2m becuase of Pompey's financial troubles. If they didn't have them last season he would've cost about 8m.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #8: Oct 30, 2010 09:53:43 pm
      They got him for 2 milllion want 7 million give them 4

Fine player
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #9: Oct 30, 2010 09:57:51 pm
      how is he worth £7 million when Spurs bought him for £2 million and now they are trying to off load him, look NESV are not that F***ing stupid, not going to happen.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10: Oct 30, 2010 10:00:25 pm
      how is he worth £7 million when Spurs bought him for £2 million and now they are trying to off load him, look NESV are not that f**king stupid, not going to happen.

Ye know yourself Corbs. I think all English clubs (bar us) try to sell for well inflated prices
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #11: Oct 30, 2010 10:03:38 pm
      Ya Brian that is the problem with English clubs the market is a joke.
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #12: Oct 30, 2010 10:11:36 pm
      He has flopped because he has barely played and now they are trying to off load him, Spurs fans have not being impressed with him.

He played really well until Gareth Bale decided that he was the kind of player that scores hat-tricks against Inter.  He's good, but would rather see Turan down that left wing.
      EL___ NINO
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #13: Oct 31, 2010 04:39:10 am
      NOOOOOOOOOOOO
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14: Oct 31, 2010 04:49:47 am
      I really wanted us to have signed him when Spurs signed the lad, he was near the end of his contract and was a bargain. Good player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Oct 31, 2010 06:11:25 am
      Is he worth 2m though? No. Harry got him from Portsmouth when they were letting anyone go for any fee above 1m.

He's a damn good player and i think 5m would be enough. I'd take him on the left also. Brilliant off both feet.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #16: Oct 31, 2010 12:42:08 pm
      They are talking £8.5 million, no F***ing way, now that NESV are here I no longer want the club to be looking to buys flops off inferior clubs to us like Spurs.

I want the club to win the league in the next 3 years. We have to start building for that.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #17: Oct 31, 2010 06:52:37 pm
      I'd like him here, wouldn't offer 7m though, 5m would be enough
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #18: Oct 31, 2010 08:43:22 pm
      F**k  it we want to win things we should be aiming for Spurs best players like Modric and Bale rather than one of there rejects.
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #19: Oct 31, 2010 10:59:22 pm
      F**k  it we want to win things we should be aiming for Spurs best players like Modric and Bale rather than one of there rejects.
      Modric and Bale are estimated for round 40 mill euros each mate...we only have 30 mill for 3-4 players to strenghten our squad ???I'm not saying that Kranjcar is the right man for us thought,I'd rather go for Matta,Alexis Sanchez,Rossi,Vucinic,Kerzhakov....,a decent partner for Nando who can find the back of the net ;)
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #20: Oct 31, 2010 11:10:52 pm
      3.5million
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #21: Nov 01, 2010 03:02:56 am
      I was absolutely shattered when they signed him from Pompey for only 2mil. Thought he was a class act. Definitely would be useful for liverpool. 6mil?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #22: Nov 01, 2010 11:48:16 am
      People are forgetting we are Liverpool Hicks and Gillette are gone we should no longer being targetting rejects of clubs maybe Barc or Real rejects but we should be targetting top players now.

Quick Reply