Steven Defour (Standard Liege)

Read 19471 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Steven Defour (Standard Liege)
      Reply #92: Aug 23, 2010 03:33:24 pm
      For the 40th time, his agent said next season he'll leave. He's coming back from injury and wants to just play for Liege.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #93: Aug 24, 2010 01:17:13 pm
      Close then?
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #94: Aug 25, 2010 10:26:17 am
      For the 40th time, his agent said next season he'll leave. He's coming back from injury and wants to just play for Liege.
      His agent said beforehand that he could leave in this window. If memory serves me right it was Darmesh Shekth(sp) from SSN, who said he talked to him about Defour going to the PL in this window and the agent replied (pause/smirk) 'You never know'.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      steven defour (Standard Liege )
      Reply #95: Jan 13, 2011 03:56:38 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #96: Jan 13, 2011 04:55:36 pm
      Your to be commended for your updates, regarding linked players, but please will you go into the reply option and copy and paste the content using the article icon so we can read it. Not all of us can click the link and divert. 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #97: Jan 13, 2011 05:06:23 pm
      Your to be commended for your updates, regarding linked players, but please will you go into the reply option and copy and paste the content using the article icon so we can read it. Not all of us can click the link and divert.  

Here ya go racer mate, F**k knows why people just post links it boils my piss, the mods should give warnings for it, its just bone idle.

Liverpool lead chase for Euro star

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-lead-chase-for-euro-star

Liverpool and Arsenal are reportedly in the race to sign Steven Defour, but the pair will have to wait until the summer to secure a deal.

The Belgian international midfielder suffered a leg break earlier in his career, and his currently recovering from a further injury setback. That hasn't stopped new Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish taking an interest in the player though.

22-year-old Defour has been monitored by the Anfield outfit for 18 months now, although Liverpool have been dealt a blow with news that they can't make a move until the summer.

Arsenal have reportedly 'entered the race' to land the player too, with Emirates chief Arsene Wenger ready to take on his Barclays Premier League rivals for the player.

The Gunners were also thought to be keen on signing the player this month originally, but the player's agent has spoken specifically about the interest from Arsenal and hinted that they will still be interested at the end of the season.

"At this moment I don't know what the situation is with any moves for Steven in January. The problem is he is still injured," Paul Stefani exclusively told Sport.co.uk.

"I don't think it is possible that Mr. Wenger is saying he wants him now, a deal in January is impossible. I have heard nothing of any approaches."

Defour has impressed for Standard Liege since joining the club as a teenager in 2006, and interest from a strong of clubs across Europe began almost immediately as he broke into the first team. Liverpool were one of the first teams to be linked.

Damien Comolli, director of football strategy for Liverpool, is also thought to be keen on the player and will agree to allow some of the club's transfer funds to be spent on the player in June.

Arsenal also have money to spend following the announcement of bumper profits in north London, and the €12 million valuation is not thought to be an issue.

Manchester United chief Alex Ferguson is also thought to be interested in the player, and the Old Trafford outfit could add a third dimension to the transfer tussle that is set to take place between Liverpool and Arsenal in the summer.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011 09:20:40 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #98: Jan 13, 2011 07:09:24 pm
      swap him for poulson! would be one hell of a deal
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #99: Jan 13, 2011 07:56:00 pm
      swap him for poulson! would be one hell of a deal

Problem is that it ain't Football Manager, you have to try and find a club stupid enough to actually buy Poulsen. I doubt they accept a swap of their young captain for an ageing nomark.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #100: Jan 13, 2011 08:06:05 pm
      We would want to improve a hell of a lot to attract any top class young talent.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #101: Jan 13, 2011 09:14:57 pm
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #102: Jan 13, 2011 09:41:28 pm
      Steven Defour will be out of action till mid/late March according to a source.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #103: Jan 14, 2011 05:37:30 am
      Problem is that it ain't Football Manager, you have to try and find a club stupid enough to actually buy Poulsen. I doubt they accept a swap of their young captain for an ageing nomark.

Oh god. Made me laugh.

Would love to see him here, I think he's quality
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #104: Apr 16, 2011 03:08:41 pm
      Well this is a turn of events. 

Standard Liege’s Steven Defour looks certain to join Liverpool during the summer - EPL News

The English Premier League side, Liverpool look to be prepared to sign the Belgian international, Steven Defour during the upcoming summer transfer window.

Defour currently plays for a Belgian Pro League club, Standard Liege and has expressed his interest in joining the Reds.

The club officials confirmed that Liverpool’s director of football, Damien Comolli has been in touch with the player’s representative and the 23-year-old could very well be making his way out to England.

Liverpool increased their interest in the Belgian after Manchester United decided to step down from the possible signing of the youngster. The promising mid-fielder was previously linked with the Red Devils but since he suffered a long term foot injury in 2009, United’s interest in Defour started fading away.

Liverpool also wished to sign the youngster, but at first the Belgian was reluctant to make a move to Anfield mainly due to the club’s downward trend. Now the 23-year-old has signaled his intentions clear of joining Kenny Dalglish’s outfit as he foresees a brighter future for the Kops.

The Belgium international added that, "Liverpool are now a different club to last year." A source told a popular football website, "Defour could really thrive and achieve his goals at Liverpool - and he is the kind of player they want to sign now."

Liverpool has confirmed to offer 10-million-pounds for the youngster and Standard Liege’s officials have already found this offer attractive. Camolli mentioned that the Merseysiders are looking to build upon their winter signings of Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll and hence would bring new faces to the club in order to further strengthen the side.

There is a belief around Anfield that Defour could easily fit in to the club’s rank especially after the officials have looked to fit young and emerging players into their squad.

Liverpool have experienced a massive turn around in their fortunes since the departure of former Fulham boss, Roy Hodgson, and now consider themselves in contention for a place in Europe.

The Reds are currently sixth in the League table with 48 points and are eight points adrift from the fourth placed Manchester City.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Standard-Lieges-Steven-Defour-looks-certain-to-join-Liverpool-during-the-summer-EPL-News-a62844

stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #105: Apr 16, 2011 03:18:19 pm
      Funny the way things change,wont believe it till i see him in a red jersey,what position dose he play in midfield,is he a holding midfielder,or is he like Alonso.Haven seen much of this lad. But reading trought the posts a lot of people like him.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #106: Apr 16, 2011 03:21:50 pm
      He's a box to box player from the little I've seen. I haven't seen enough of him to have a decent opinion of him. Had a few bad injuries over his short career from what I've read.

He's been linked to United for quite a long time so he obvious has quality.

If he's available for around 10 million then I would go for it. Would be a little bit of a gamble due to injuries but I feel it'll be worth it from the little I've seen.
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2011 03:28:41 pm by lfc_ynwa »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #107: Apr 16, 2011 03:40:20 pm
      I know people will argue that that area of the field shouldn't be our priority for new signings but I will be absolutely delighted if this happens! I am convinced that Defour would thrive amongst other top players and I've been dreading him going to ManUre. Really hope this is true.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #108: Apr 16, 2011 03:59:19 pm
      We still lack quality in the central midfield particularly when Gerrard's injured. This would be very welcome. Very welcome indeed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #109: Apr 16, 2011 04:05:12 pm
      He's a box to box player from the little I've seen. I haven't seen enough of him to have a decent opinion of him. Had a few bad injuries over his short career from what I've read.

He's been linked to United for quite a long time so he obvious has quality.

If he's available for around 10 million then I would go for it. Would be a little bit of a gamble due to injuries but I feel it'll be worth it from the little I've seen.

Was their best player when they played against us in the second leg CL qualifying game at Anfield a couple of years back.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #110: Apr 16, 2011 04:58:48 pm
      If those quotes are true, doesn't it just show how much we've improved in the last three months thanks to the King, his coaching staff and also the new owners?

Nice to read that other players, with no connection to the club, can see this.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #111: Apr 16, 2011 07:47:10 pm
      I read that he was sort of a playmaker.....heard he was a great passer of the ball.....Fergie wanted him to eventually replace scholes this past summer I think

Quick Reply