Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Niko Kranjcar (Spurs)

Read 13909 times
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 14 
      Re: Niko Kranjcar (Spurs)
      Reply #23: Nov 01, 2010 12:21:50 pm
      People are forgetting we are Liverpool Hicks and Gillette are gone we should no longer being targetting rejects of clubs maybe Barc or Real rejects but we should be targetting top players now.

Kranjcar is a top player. Just cause he's underrated doesn't mean he isn't amazing.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Nov 01, 2010 12:26:50 pm
      He has flopped at Tottenham we should not be targetting there rejects but there top players if we want to get back into the top 4.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #25: Nov 01, 2010 12:31:27 pm
      He has flopped at Tottenham we should not be targetting there rejects but there top players if we want to get back into the top 4.

Exactly.

Initially, I thought he would be a good addition to the squad for £4m, but when I think about it, I REALLY don't want him, he will be just another 'good' player ahead of our potentially great young players (Pacheco and Shelvey).
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #26: Nov 01, 2010 12:34:29 pm
      Ya I agree TKI, ya he is a good player is he a very good player, no. We should only been targetting very good players now and excellant young players.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #27: Nov 01, 2010 12:44:29 pm
      I'd take him for 7 million if they through in Crouch for free ;)
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #28: Nov 01, 2010 02:08:26 pm
      when I think about it, I REALLY don't want him, he will be just another 'good' player ahead of our potentially great young players (Pacheco and Shelvey).

When I said this I was thinking of just adding to the squad - I'd be made up to buy Kranjcar if we were able to sell Babel, so long as there is no net spend.

Babel OUT for £7m
      Kranjcar IN for £6m

Good bit of business.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #29: Nov 02, 2010 06:34:16 am
      Flop?! He was a standout at Spurs for awhile last season, and many here were lamenting the fact we couldn't get him for 2mil.

Though not first choice for me, if we can get him at a good price then i would welcome it. As long as he is allowed to play in the right position!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Nov 02, 2010 11:38:12 am
      When was he stand out YNWA he only played when Modric was injured and as soon as he returned he was back on the bench.

I was one of the people calling for us to sign him for £2 million I knew we had no money and the financial position the owners had the club in. We have new owners now who want to win things our targets should be much higher.
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #31: Nov 02, 2010 12:49:07 pm
      sound like another mediocre guy who ain't gunna get any better to me for that reason............... I'm out
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #32: Nov 02, 2010 12:55:56 pm
      Not good enough if he wanna make Champions league
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Nov 02, 2010 02:45:38 pm
      People are forgetting we can still afford to buy some very good players and not just superstars. We're not exactly blessed with a squad, only a first team. Even if he is a squad player, i'd be very comfortable with Kranjcar off the bench than Jovanovich or Babel etc.

1 superstar and 3 very good players and we're all of a sudden in the game.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #34: Nov 02, 2010 02:58:40 pm
      If Babel left in January and we covered the costs of Kranjcar with the Babel money, I think that'd be quite good business.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #35: Nov 02, 2010 02:58:47 pm
      When I said this I was thinking of just adding to the squad - I'd be made up to buy Kranjcar if we were able to sell Babel, so long as there is no net spend.

Babel OUT for £7m
      Kranjcar IN for £6m

Good bit of business.

Good point. Improve the squad without affecting any transfer budget.

I'd be more than happy with a deal like this.
      njny_scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts |
      Reply #36: Nov 02, 2010 05:03:01 pm

Babel OUT for £7m
      Kranjcar IN for £6m

Good bit of business.

Knowing our negotiators we'd overpay for Kranjcar and be underpaid for Babel. Hopefully the new owners held a silent coup in that department...
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #37: Nov 10, 2010 04:17:30 pm
      Liverpool edge closer to signing talented £7M playmaker

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/liverpool-edge-closer-to-signing-talented-7m-playmaker

It is being reported that Roy Hodgson will push on his efforts to land Tottenham playmaker Niko Kranjcar who appears to be surplus to requirements at White Hart Lane.

The Croatian international's own father is backing his son's move to Anfield and Harry Redknapp may well allow the former Portsmouth player leave rather than see him rot on the bench.

The 26 year old has started just one Premier League match this season, the weekend defeat at Bolton, and appears to have not impressed his boss with his average performance which ended when he was hauled off for similarly bench bound David Bentley.

A move for the talented attack minded midfielder would set Liverpool back around £7m, which seems a fair price for a player with a great deal of experience and adaptability.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #38: Nov 17, 2010 04:06:36 pm
      Just seen on SSN
      Niko has said he want's to be playing week in week out
      Hid Dad has said that he is DEFINATELY leaving Spurs

Get him in, he'll go for about £9m max i reckon
      Player power, even against Harry is big
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #39: Nov 17, 2010 04:41:52 pm
      More likely now that Commolli is here? Did he originally sign him for Spurs?
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #40: Nov 17, 2010 04:43:30 pm
      No idea mate
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #41: Nov 17, 2010 05:27:49 pm

Don't think so.

Niko has scored both Croatia goals today.... vs Malta. :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #42: Nov 17, 2010 05:59:28 pm
      Damien was dismissed from spurs in Oct 2008 and Kranjcar was signed in Sept 2009 (according to Wiki) so no.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #43: Nov 17, 2010 10:47:02 pm

No he did not.

He signed Modric.

Niko played an absolute blinder (played a central attacking mid role) in the qualifier against Malta tonight. Scored 2 and set up the third.

Would love him here.,
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #44: Nov 17, 2010 11:23:23 pm
      He's a great player, people who are saying he flopped at Spurs are wrong he had a big say in them getting the Champions League. I think the lad would slot in well behind Torres personally and could make up for the Aquilani loss but i guess both would of been great. For 7m a great buy, remember Spurs got him for 2m because Pompey were in the shi**er.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #45: Nov 17, 2010 11:41:20 pm
      I would definitely take him, quality player who can play anywhere across the midfield. Couldn't believe Spuds got him so cheap last year, but we know what Arry's like. Fooking wheeler dealer.

Quick Reply