Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Niko Kranjcar (Spurs)

Read 13976 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Niko Kranjcar (Spurs)
      Reply #69: Jan 29, 2011 05:36:23 am
      would be a handy squad player I reckon, no more than 3-4million though.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #70: Apr 12, 2011 06:35:46 pm
      According to a couple of London papers this evening he has told friends he will be at Liverpool next season. Dont want him to be honest can't see where he will fit in he is to slow to play on the wings can't see him commanding a starting place in a central role, would be another squad playr
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #71: Apr 12, 2011 06:38:20 pm
      sick of players whose best position is 'in the hole'

have no use for him tbh
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #72: Apr 12, 2011 06:40:33 pm
      Agree Shemy just can't see where he would fit in, it is pace we need especially in wide positions, Adam and Krancjar must be the slowest players in the league
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #73: Apr 12, 2011 06:41:41 pm
      Have to agree with that because I think our players are not suited to be built around the players 'in the hole'.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #74: Apr 12, 2011 07:56:55 pm
      Nooo!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #75: Apr 12, 2011 08:30:38 pm
      If Tottenham don't need him then we certainly don't need him. We can buy better and on the evidence of last night we've probably got better in the youth/reserves!
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #76: Apr 12, 2011 09:59:48 pm
      I would pass on him.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #77: Apr 12, 2011 10:01:52 pm
      Would take him for a decent price. As we can see under Kenny, we'll be playing many formations. He can play a different number of positions. Just not for too much money.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #78: Apr 12, 2011 11:39:21 pm
      If Tottenham don't need him then we certainly don't need him. We can buy better and on the evidence of last night we've probably got better in the youth/reserves!

Of course.  Flanagan came in and made a very solid debut at right back, so by the laws of logic and reasoning it's clear for all to see, that we now have better options for the midfield in our ranks.  Tell you what, that Damien Plessis kid had a brilliant debut too, let's not get too carried away just yet.  I'm optimistic but not naive and short-sighted.

I'd probably pass unless it was part of a plan of some sorts.  Now, if we sell Cole and replace his position in the squad with Kranjčar (which despite losing a HG player is still a good trade IMO) which would then allow us to bait someone like Modrić (look we've got a fellow countryman here for you mate) over from Spurs at a cut price because of their financial issues, then absolutely.  I have a good feeling (by good feeling, I mean trying to read between the lines of Comolli doing some PR work over there and pretend I'm ITK) this has something to do with us trying to setup a link/first rights agreement of some sort with Croatian club Dinamo Zagreb or the purchase of one of their players though (fair bit of talk about it in the Croatian newspapers).  

Nations like Croatia are just one of the places we should be looking to have feeder clubs (their league is 22nd in UEFA coefficient rankings but the national side is ranked 6th in Europe), tells us the players are good but don't hang around to play in the national league.  Czech Republic/Sweden are some other similar examples.

It's similar to the Portuguese league in the sense that if a promising youngster comes through a club that isn't Sporting/Porto/Benfica, they'll just snap them up and that's the end of it.  No teams can compete with the big two in Croatia but recently Dinamo just keeps pulling further and further ahead.  90% of Croatians plying their trade elsewhere come through Dinamo and not a single player (apart from Modrić) has left for over Ā£8m, although quite often it will be less than that.

Similarly to Liverpool it's the new generation of stars coming through that has everyone* excited (Kovačić, Vrsaljko, Badelj**, Tomećak and Kramarić being the pick of the bunch).

* By everyone, I mean fans of Dinamo Zagreb or the Croatian national team.
      ** Badelj is hardly a youngster, he's recently turned 22.  According to a reports in reputable newspapers over there: Chelsea and Man Utd have positively been tracking him, their scouts have been seen watching him.
      « Last Edit: Apr 13, 2011 12:01:53 am by vitez »
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #79: Apr 13, 2011 02:20:18 am
      I really changed my mind on this, as long as he is cheap I welcome the addition of depth to the squad.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #80: Apr 13, 2011 02:32:36 am
      The simple fact is he's not the man we are looking for. He'll be Maxi Rodriguez mark ii. Nothing horrifically poor about him but far from special or of any real importance.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #81: Apr 13, 2011 03:28:04 am
      Great squad player. Would he just want to trade benches? Not so sure, but he'd be a damn sight more useful than Cole has been this season...
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #82: Apr 13, 2011 04:44:25 am
      A lot of Spurs fans rate him and do not want to lose him especially to a top 4 competitor.

Kranjcar's lack of opportunities this season have coincided with the good form of Gareth Bale and a combination of niggling injuries of his own.

He has had more goals and assists the last 2 seasons then J.Cole.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #83: Apr 13, 2011 09:56:18 am
      I like him but is he what we need?
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #84: Apr 13, 2011 10:41:30 am
      No need for him,if he is not good enough for spurs he is not good enough for us.Would love Modric if we are taking any spurs players.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #85: Apr 13, 2011 04:22:00 pm
      If Humpty Dumpty Joe Cole leaves then Krancjar would be a good replacement. I do think Niko's best position is one that we are not currently short of options in, however.

Quick Reply