Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan Athletic -> Aston Villa)

Read 52336 times
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Re: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan Athletic)
      Reply #483: Jul 07, 2011 05:36:13 am
      Wrong thread!

Can we please stay on topic!

Have I missed something there, he is on topic isn't he?
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #484: Jul 07, 2011 10:49:01 am
      Have I missed something there, he is on topic isn't he?
      He highlited a damn in the quote. A damn - Charlie Adam.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #485: Jul 07, 2011 11:45:40 am
      would take him and Downing...
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #486: Jul 09, 2011 10:01:01 am
      At the risk of repeating myself as i have written about N'zogbia a couple of times before and i'm being prompted here by a news story i've just seen......

N'Zogbia was the first person on my list of players to buy.....absolute class and he has given us the run around a few times too...very very quick with good feet and a good finisher when in position and a good crosser to boot....why delay......sign him today.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #487: Jul 09, 2011 10:45:11 am
      At the risk of repeating myself as i have written about N'zogbia a couple of times before and i'm being prompted here by a news story i've just seen......

N'Zogbia was the first person on my list of players to buy.....absolute class and he has given us the run around a few times too...very very quick with good feet and a good finisher when in position and a good crosser to boot....why delay......sign him today.

Doesn't look like a news story, looks more like the opinion of a fan at the bottom of a news story. Link?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #488: Jul 09, 2011 02:37:39 pm
      Doesn't look like a news story, looks more like the opinion of a fan at the bottom of a news story. Link?
      No mate, he is only giving his own opinion and I agree with him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #489: Jul 09, 2011 02:51:38 pm
      No mate, he is only giving his own opinion and I agree with him.

The '....' suggested that the following was part of a news article. But now i understand.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #490: Jul 09, 2011 08:01:00 pm
      Wrong thread!

Can we please stay on topic!

I never highlighted a damn thing i was on topic Sir!!!!!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #491: Jul 14, 2011 11:56:13 pm

Thursday 14 July 2011 23.00 BST

Aston Villa were last night closing in on the signing of Charles N'Zogbia despite a late attempt from Sunderland to hijack the deal. N'Zogbia is seen as a natural replacement for Downing, with Villa planning to spend around half of the £20m they have received from Liverpool.

Sunderland, however, have belatedly entered the race and have faint hopes of persuading N'Zogbia to move to the Stadium of Light. Steve Bruce, the Sunderland manager, has coveted N'Zogbia for some time, although there is an acceptance that Villa are at the head of queue and N'Zogbia is expected to agree a £65,000 per week deal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/14/stewart-downing-kenny-dalglish-liverpool
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #492: Jul 14, 2011 11:59:42 pm
      Time for the mods to close thread then ?
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #493: Jul 15, 2011 12:03:32 am
      Thursday 14 July 2011 23.00 BST

Aston Villa were last night closing in on the signing of Charles N'Zogbia despite a late attempt from Sunderland to hijack the deal. N'Zogbia is seen as a natural replacement for Downing, with Villa planning to spend around half of the £20m they have received from Liverpool.

Sunderland, however, have belatedly entered the race and have faint hopes of persuading N'Zogbia to move to the Stadium of Light. Steve Bruce, the Sunderland manager, has coveted N'Zogbia for some time, although there is an acceptance that Villa are at the head of queue and N'Zogbia is expected to agree a £65,000 per week deal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/14/stewart-downing-kenny-dalglish-liverpool

Time for the mods to close thread then ?
      It's not a fact.Just another paper cutting tabloid headline.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #494: Jul 15, 2011 12:06:43 am
      It's not a fact.Just another paper cutting tabloid headline.
      I know, but is another midfielder something that is needed now really ?
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #495: Jul 15, 2011 12:13:56 am
      I know, but is another midfielder something that is needed now really ?
      Of course not.Just another stupid link of no substance to make a post. Ignore it mate.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #496: Jul 15, 2011 12:21:11 am
      I'd be happy to have Downing and Zog. Unlikely to happen, but would be good to have options.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #497: Jul 15, 2011 01:10:45 am
      Wish the Zog was a better fullback because he would be an awesome player to have. He has played there quite a bit but if only...
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #498: Jul 15, 2011 02:13:53 pm
      Looks like hes going to villa, shame, woulda liked him as an alternate option to Steward or Jordan on the wings - more of a runner
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #499: Jul 16, 2011 12:19:23 am

Aston Villa make bid for Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia

Friday, 15 July 2011 09:55 UK

Aston Villa have made a bid to sign Wigan Athletic winger Charles N'Zogbia, BBC Sport understands.

New manager Alex McLeish is keen on the Frenchman to replace Stewart Downing, who is in talks with Liverpool after the clubs agreed a fee on Tuesday.

Villa have also seen Ashley Young depart for Manchester United earlier this summer.

N'Zogbia, 25, has made almost 250 appearances in English football, with Wigan and former club Newcastle United.

McLeish was on the verge of signing N'Zogbia last August, when the Scot was in charge of Birmingham City, but the transfer broke down over personal terms.

A spokesman for Wigan refused to comment on any potential transfer, but did confirm that N'Zogbia was in Sweden training with the squad.

Last week, Wigan owner Dave Whelan seemed resigned to losing one of his star players, saying: "We have to sell Charles N'Zogbia because he's on the last year of his contract. We can't keep him if a big club comes for him, and he does deserve a big club because he's that kind of quality player.

"We would love to keep him and pay him what he wants to stay with us but it's a very difficult situation. He's such a great player and we are such a small club sometimes we don't go together."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14165590.stm
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #500: Jul 16, 2011 09:29:13 am
      Fathead won't be buying him for Sunderland, he's not a sh*t ex-United player.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #501: Jul 16, 2011 06:27:07 pm
      Everton fans reckon they are signing him. Hope they are disapointed.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #502: Jul 16, 2011 09:18:10 pm
      ^ Yeah, rumours they put a bid in yesterday but think it was just a load of bull.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #503: Jul 17, 2011 11:30:59 pm

Villa slam ultimatum on Wigan winger

Published 23:00 17/07/11
      By James Nursey

Aston Villa have given Charles N’Zogbia an ultimatum as Alex McLeish fears the star may mess him around for a second successive summer.

Mirror Sport reported on June 27 Villa boss McLeish wanted to replace Liverpool-bound Stewart Downing with Wigan winger N’Zogbia.

Villa have followed up their interest in the Frenchman with a £10million bid after selling Downing for £20m last week.

But N’Zogbia, 25, is yet to make up his mind on joining the Midlands club, who are offering him around £50,000-a-week.

Wigan are also holding out for other clubs to table even bigger bids and N’Zogbia thinks he could get more wages elsewhere.

So with Villa in limbo over their primary summer transfer target, club officials have told N’Zogbia to make his mind up quickly.

And in the meantime, Villa have deliberately started looking at other transfer options in case N’Zogbia slips through their grasp.

Ex-Birmingham chief McLeish has previous with the Wigan winger who upped his personal terms last summer when Brum had agreed a deal.

That collapsed at the last-minute and McLeish is anxious to avoid a similar scenario with the new season fast approaching.

Now in charge of Villa, McLeish wants to wrap up N’Zogbia’s transfer quickly before his new squad fly out on Saturday to Hong Kong on pre-season tour.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Aston-Villa-have-given-Wigan-winger-Charles-N-Zogbia-an-ultimatum-as-they-seek-to-replace-Liverpool-Stewart-Downing-article771603.html
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #504: Jul 19, 2011 12:20:42 pm
      Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has warned Aston Villa they will have to pay £10million to land Charles N'Zogbia.

Villa have seen their first bid of £9million for N'Zogbia rejected by Wigan as they line up the Frenchman as a replacement for Stewart Downing.

Whelan is reluctant to lose N'Zogbia, who he rates as the best left-winger in the Premier League, but concedes they will sell him for the right offer.

"It's £10m or there is no deal," Whelan told the Daily Mirror. "They offered us £9m and we refused it; firstly because we would like to keep Charles, and secondly because if he is to go, then we have to get the right price for him.

"Charles has played fantastically well in the last year and, with his pace and penetration, there's no doubt in my mind that he is the finest left-winger in the Premier League.

"We owe him a lot, not least for his goal against West Ham that helped us stay up.

"If the right offer comes in, we would consider it, if it was in his best interests - but it has to be the right offer."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/07/19/manual_105526.html&TEAMHD=soccer&BID=165

I really wish we enter the battle for this guy. At 10 M he looks like a bargain. We could use another winger besides Downing and Maxi.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #505: Jul 19, 2011 02:01:16 pm
      ^ I agree with this.  Insomnia is a good little winger/outside forward AND he has only just turned 25.  If we nabbed him up for 10M and he has a good season or two with us, we could sell him on for 15-20M in 2 years time.  If he did not live up to expectations, we could sell him for 4-6M.  Seems like a low risk transfer with the possibility for a high reward!  I would think this would be one that FSG would jump on

Quick Reply