Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (13.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (6.3%)
      Sotirios Kyrgiakos
      (42.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (34.9%)
      Raul Meireles
      (3.2%)

Bolton 0-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match aftermath

Read 56869 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Bolton 0-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match aftermath
      Reply #690: Oct 31, 2010 08:12:15 pm
      What the F**k was he doing taken off meireles for poulsen he nearly fu**ed it all up ,that man is a looney ,apart from that they played well enough for now, the greek was brilliant again a real threat from corners .
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #691: Oct 31, 2010 08:15:41 pm
      MOTM poll?

Lucas for me was excellent, Sotis was a bit dodgy at times but mostly a great performance.

Really want Torres to turn the corner, it's getting frustrating seeing him at the moment. Good touch for the goal though and made some good runs in the channels.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,213 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #692: Oct 31, 2010 08:21:30 pm
      Torres isn't interested
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #693: Oct 31, 2010 08:21:38 pm
      Very difficult place to go thought we fought well, you have to match fire with fire against the like of Bolton Stoke etc and we did that. On another day Torres should of had at least two. Konchesky worked well with Cole and Raul showed that he is class and getting used to the pace of the premiership. Credit were credits due a decent performance
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #694: Oct 31, 2010 08:22:49 pm
      Need to carry on winning then start winning in style when king Kenny takesover :)
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #695: Oct 31, 2010 08:24:53 pm
      Two wins in a row, does this count as a run?
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #696: Oct 31, 2010 08:27:27 pm
      12th man?, that crowd gave us a 13th, 14th and a 15th! They were magnificent. We really have stunning supporters. I love this club!

You'd never think that we were the away side.  Amazing support - especially considering that the players hardly gave them anything to shout about.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #697: Oct 31, 2010 08:31:06 pm
      Back from the game.  Thank god for the 3 points, cracking atmosphere at the end of the game.

But my word - what a terrible performance.  Midfield far too weak, Gerrard absent without leave, Torres isolated, Carragher at right back is a complete disaster (he was totally skinned for pace over a distance of only about 10 yards) and while Konchesky does have better legs on him he is a poor player.

Rodriguez was lucky to still be on the pitch when he scored he was that poor, and as for Joe Cole.  Only realised he was on the pitch when he got injured.

No width at all, no dynamism and a distinct lack of fight.  Bolton will feel hard done by tonight but I will certainly grab the 3 points happily. Primarily because if we carry on playing like that we won't see too many more of them.

Skrtel and Krygiakos the pick of the bunch for me today.

A+ for the result but a D- for effort and ability.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #698: Oct 31, 2010 08:31:30 pm
      We could just have easily being beaten here, I can understand Coyle saying they were unlucky.

What I've learned from the game though is Joe Cole is no left midfielder and should not be played there and Gerrard is lost behind Torres.

Teams have sussed you just have to drop one of your midfielders in the hole and it nullifies Gerrard. But I learned that about 12 months ago looks like Hodgson is still trying to work it out.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #699: Oct 31, 2010 08:32:19 pm
      What the F**k was he doing taken off meireles for poulsen he nearly fu**ed it all up ,that man is a looney ,apart from that they played well enough for now, the greek was brilliant again a real threat from corners .
      Defend the 0-1. Poulsen is more a defensive player, Miereles more attacking. Makes sense under the circumstances
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #700: Oct 31, 2010 08:33:29 pm
      Now that ive cooled down and i'm basking in my serenity i can safely say that once again we were f***in sh*te, when Roy announced his dynamic 11 i thought, Hmm,could we actually take part in a fast and furious English premier league encounter with our friends in the north, we started sort of ok but then the doom and gloom soon replaced the promise and endeavour and sucked us into the usual bollocks we have had to endure under uncle Roy, Bolton were for me off key today and i feared the worse tbh, in the first half we totalled three chances which really Nando even a year ago would have slotted easily, Stevie G just did'nt have his shooting compass switched on, as for the rest only Lucas, Sotis and Pepe can hold their heads up, a slap on the back for Maxi for the goal, Ngog, well to me this kid gets better and better, for about the fourth time this season he has made a difference when he has come on, again he gave us different options and dare i say it did more than Nando did in the short time he was on. The system we play, one up front does not work, we do not have the suppliers nor the width to penetrate, i would much prefer to play a 4-4-2 type system at least t'il we get the staff in to play under todays style of play, if that makes sense.

The second half was slightly better but again nothing to write home about, no sub until Cole got injured to me that just tells me Roy is scared to change, his philophecy seems to be if it aint broke dont fix it, in other words to him we were containing Bolton and  a 0-0 would be a positive result, we go 0-1 up and shortly after puts his baby on f***in poulsen, i was just waitin for Bolton to equalise, so onwards to the Chavs next week, f***in cant wait for the teamsheet, Maybe with luck he'll start with Ngog and Nando and give something for Terry & co think about, yeah right, not  holding my breath for that, Roy, just F**k off out of our club.
      iamrafa
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      • Any chance of the old job back ?
      Reply #701: Oct 31, 2010 08:35:21 pm
      I was praying to see a Liverpool defeat at 1st... but then it would be harder to climb up the table next week... so 3 points will do for now, but to be honest, the manner we got the win today is seriously not good enough... and having Chelsea in mind for next week, I think Roy better start packing his diapers.

Never pray for a liverpool defeat you pr**k
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #702: Oct 31, 2010 08:39:30 pm
      well done red men, a great 3 points today, i thought we started and finished the game well enough. It went a bit pear shaped in the middle, it looks like we get a lot frustrated when we dont get a goal when we start well and after about 20 mins our level drops off a fair bit. But we did well at the end and you could see that in the last 10-15 mins a goal was coming.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #703: Oct 31, 2010 08:39:33 pm
      I was praying to see a Liverpool defeat at 1st... but then it would be harder to climb up the table next week... so 3 points will do for now, but to be honest, the manner we got the win today is seriously not good enough... and having Chelsea in mind for next week, I think Roy better start packing his diapers.
      Two words come to mind my friend, no not F**k OFF, but Do One !
      Ask Roy to look into out history books and see how many "gritty" performances there are .We dont do gritty we do powerful we do pressing we do attacking but we dont do gritty until Roy came.

We have done 'gritty' before !, midweek 1-0 away wins were the norm in the 70's and 80's at the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Boro and the like !

It's 3 pts like these that turn bad seasons into good and good Seasons into great ones, I stil don't Woy in charge but 3pts is 3pts thank you very much !
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #704: Oct 31, 2010 08:46:18 pm
      what a shambles of a display.
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #705: Oct 31, 2010 08:47:30 pm
      I understand the thinking of the wanting us to lose to get Roy out and it has occurred to me, but on reflection I would rather he qualifies us for Europe and gets the sack.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #706: Oct 31, 2010 08:49:21 pm
      Great create a site just to be negative well in lad best of luck...............
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #707: Oct 31, 2010 08:53:03 pm
      Back from the game.  Thank god for the 3 points, cracking atmosphere at the end of the game.

But my word - what a terrible performance.  Midfield far too weak, Gerrard absent without leave, Torres isolated, Carragher at right back is a complete disaster (he was totally skinned for pace over a distance of only about 10 yards) and while Konchesky does have better legs on him he is a poor player.

Rodriguez was lucky to still be on the pitch when he scored he was that poor, and as for Joe Cole.  Only realised he was on the pitch when he got injured.

No width at all, no dynamism and a distinct lack of fight.  Bolton will feel hard done by tonight but I will certainly grab the 3 points happily. Primarily because if we carry on playing like that we won't see too many more of them.

this

lucas for MOM best of the bunch for me
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #708: Oct 31, 2010 08:54:54 pm
      tried to log in. no reply
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2010 09:20:33 pm by RedPuppy »
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #709: Oct 31, 2010 09:07:00 pm
      Back from the game.  Thank god for the 3 points, cracking atmosphere at the end of the game.

But my word - what a terrible performance.  Midfield far too weak, Gerrard absent without leave, Torres isolated, Carragher at right back is a complete disaster (he was totally skinned for pace over a distance of only about 10 yards) and while Konchesky does have better legs on him he is a poor player.

Rodriguez was lucky to still be on the pitch when he scored he was that poor, and as for Joe Cole.  Only realised he was on the pitch when he got injured.

No width at all, no dynamism and a distinct lack of fight.  Bolton will feel hard done by tonight but I will certainly grab the 3 points happily. Primarily because if we carry on playing like that we won't see too many more of them.

IMO JD you're being very harsh on maxi there he was one of the standout players for me. Always actually looked to move the ball forward and his play in general was good.
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #710: Oct 31, 2010 09:15:42 pm
      Poor display but tbh that's a good result away at Bolton, Roy needs to rest our best'uns for Chelski at Anfield next week and come out fighting like the old Liverpool would against Chelski on a CL night. Now that would be inspiring.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #711: Oct 31, 2010 09:16:58 pm
      Anyone seen Paul Dalglish's tweets today?

"Just heard the DVD of our famous victory is being released on Monday. Better be quick though. People already camping outside the club shop!"

"What time is the open top bus going around the city tomorrow? Are they putting the barriers out yet? I might fly back!"

Can't help but feel that he's from a family that just gets it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #712: Oct 31, 2010 09:17:37 pm

From the BBC, He was replaced by striker David Ngog and the Frenchman's arrival - prompting Liverpool to switch from 4-2-3-1 to 4-2-2-2 - seemed to benefit the Reds

What kind of a formation is 4-2-2-2?  I want to say the wrong one but we won!  :f_doh:

Quick Reply