Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (13.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (6.3%)
      Sotirios Kyrgiakos
      (42.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (34.9%)
      Raul Meireles
      (3.2%)

Bolton 0-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match aftermath

Read 56864 times
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Re: Bolton 0-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match aftermath
      Reply #713: Oct 31, 2010 09:21:33 pm
      praying to see a Liverpool defeat at 1st?

Just the kind of support the club needs.

Sorry but u are a pr**k A-boy, and not a Liverpool supporter,what f**king w**ker wants his team to loose,get a grip.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #714: Oct 31, 2010 09:22:55 pm
      I think Paul Dalglish tweets gave us a real insight into what Kenny really thinks.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #715: Oct 31, 2010 09:25:58 pm

In?  Personally I think he alienated.  He is being served poorly by Roy's 'difficult to beat, underdog tactics (that got us in this position in the first place)' and he is being asked to perform a Zamora type role of holding the ball up.  He was not bought to do that, and I too would be peed off if some geezer comes in and tells me to change my game to suit his sh*t tactics.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #716: Oct 31, 2010 09:26:51 pm
      From the BBC, He was replaced by striker David Ngog and the Frenchman's arrival - prompting Liverpool to switch from 4-2-3-1 to 4-2-2-2 - seemed to benefit the Reds

What kind of a formation is 4-2-2-2?  I want to say the wrong one but we won!  :f_doh:

I think John Barnes used it at Celtic and it failed badly.  It basically means everyone down the middle and no width I think.
      Torrard
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts |
      Reply #717: Oct 31, 2010 09:40:21 pm
      Add Maxi to the poll, he deserves it !!!

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #718: Oct 31, 2010 09:42:40 pm
      Torres still being told to play with his back to goal - not good enough.

Gerrard missing for most of the match.

Carra is NOT a RB.

Konchesky is not good enough.

Lucas picked some nice passes, got stuck in, and my MOTM.

Skrtel still looks a little out of sorts.

Sotis had a good game, but it says something that our biggest goal threat is from set pieces.

Meireles struggling to adapt, but getting there.

Cole, F***ing useless again today.

Maxi was good in patches, but apart from the goal gave us very little to shout about.

Pepe, class as always.

N'Gog looked good when he came on, but needs games.

We are still sat far too deep and there is little cohesion - we are not playing as a unit.

Unless we buck our ideas up, chelsea will indeed arse rape us next week.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #719: Oct 31, 2010 10:00:44 pm
      Torres still being told to play with his back to goal - not good enough.

Gerrard missing for most of the match.

Carra is NOT a RB.

Konchesky is not good enough.

Lucas picked some nice passes, got stuck in, and my MOTM.

Skrtel still looks a little out of sorts.

Sotis had a good game, but it says something that our biggest goal threat is from set pieces.

Meireles struggling to adapt, but getting there.

Cole, f**king useless again today.

Maxi was good in patches, but apart from the goal gave us very little to shout about.

Pepe, class as always.

N'Gog looked good when he came on, but needs games.

We are still sat far too deep and there is little cohesion - we are not playing as a unit.

Unless we buck our ideas up, chelsea will indeed arse rape us next week.

You missed out on Poulsen matey... :P
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #720: Oct 31, 2010 10:01:42 pm
      You missed out on Poulsen matey... :P

No I didn't ;)

He's not worth mentioning...
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #721: Oct 31, 2010 10:08:19 pm
      No I didn't ;)

He's not worth mentioning...

ha ha... and again pointless sub that was.. Well Lucas was my MOTM for me.. very impressive display that was.. But next week, i still feel Christian, the one with the P letter surname will start against Chelsea...
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #722: Oct 31, 2010 10:32:03 pm
      I was praying to see a Liverpool defeat at 1st...

Should you even be a supporter of the club
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #723: Oct 31, 2010 10:48:15 pm
      The way the results have been coming (or lack of) as much as it was a very poor performance still happy we were able to grind out the three points which at this point of the season are very important.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #724: Oct 31, 2010 11:09:13 pm
      Anyone seen Paul Dalglish's tweets today?

"Just heard the DVD of our famous victory is being released on Monday. Better be quick though. People already camping outside the club shop!"

"What time is the open top bus going around the city tomorrow? Are they putting the barriers out yet? I might fly back!"

Can't help but feel that he's from a family that just gets it.

Ha ha ha - you missed out these though!

@pauldalglish A famous victory, really? I think that is a little excessive. We have won 5 European Cups and 18 Leagues. It was a much needed scrappy win!

@pauldalglish Just heard the DVD of our famous victory is being released on Monday. Better be quick though. People already camping outside the club shop!

@pauldalglish Good to see Liverpool have updated the website to commemorate our famous win. http://plixi.com/p/54210050
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #725: Oct 31, 2010 11:10:51 pm
      These performances are not good enough for LFC, but as always, I'll take a win no matter how we go about it.

Poor first half. A lot of frustration. And the sad thing was at half time I was feeling we wouldn't come out any better. The way our players go out to play football these days, you would think that we indeed set out to not concede.

Lovely little flick from Torres to Maxi for the goal. The atmosphere in the ground after the goal was boss! Shattered after all that singing now though! 
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #726: Oct 31, 2010 11:19:17 pm
      These performances are not good enough for LFC, but as always, I'll take a win no matter how we go about it.

Poor first half. A lot of frustration. And the sad thing was at half time I was feeling we wouldn't come out any better. The way our players go out to play football these days, you would think that we indeed set out to not concede.

Lovely little flick from Torres to Maxi for the goal. The atmosphere in the ground after the goal was boss! Shattered after all that singing now though! 
      Mate the team are being set up "not to lose".This is the mid-table mentality,that we can expect from Hodgeson.At best an embarrassment to our history,at worst a blight.The problem with such inadaquetly tactical managers,is that they bring players down to their level.So proper players will not accept mediocraty,only one's looking for lucrative contract extensions,will tow the party line,(despite performances).Enough said.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #727: Oct 31, 2010 11:23:21 pm
      We won against a decent Bolton side who haven't lost at home until today. We won with gerrard and torres having a bad game (espically gerrard). I think gerrard needs to be played in cm. Hopefully come Chelsea torres and gerrard will be on fire and we'll win 1 0. Chelsea aren't playing well either. Got outplayed by Blackburn but just about won it.

Glad we won.   
      Have a good night mate,next week we will be exposed by a Chavs squad,that plays proper football,much as I hate to say it.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #728: Nov 01, 2010 12:23:59 am
      MAXI RODRIGUEZ RUNS DOWN THE WING FOR ME!
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #729: Nov 01, 2010 12:49:42 am
      After looking back at the performance and result I don't think either were that bad and it's comforting to see people being uber critical of manager and team when we'd play equally as s.hite last season and come away with nothing. Or even if we'd won last season it was a gritty performance and result by a team out of form - that's the sign of a good team ya know, rhetoric.

I do agree with the majority that we sit way too deep and simply invite pressue on, infact I saw an almost Houllier esq tactic last night from Roy, soak up pressure and hit them on the counter. Something I don't think this mob of players are really acustomed too and I am not keen on it personally.

When we are in possesion and I had to agree with Nigel Winterburn who was part of my streams commentary that we'd have possesion mostly in our own half and just play side ways and back wards passes. We went know where and to be honest I think this is a problem that we had when Rafa was here and isn't entirely 'Woy's fault'. The midfielders like Merieles, Lucas and Maxi seem to recieve a pass a lot of the time and play it first time back to a CB, where the CB would play it forwards, on the deck to another midfielder who'd knock it back to the defence again. It was void of any confidence and our midfield  when time is ample on the ball don't control it, turn and look forward. The movement from the rest of the midfielf doesn't usually offer the man in possesion an opportunity to play a forward pass. They are two static leaving only Gerrard or Torres as targets to recieve the ball 15 yards up the field and it's quite easy to intercept or mark the two forward players when they seem to be the only 'targets' ahead of play and again this isn't necessarily a Roy fault we were equally static and void of forward movement (in general) under Benitez.

I don't think that yesterday Torres was isolated as much as he has been in recent games, it's just yesterday in the first half the lad looked as though he felt sorry for himself IMO and looked to have his mind elsewhere - low on confidence. In the second half he livened up and 'had a go' which was encouraging.

My MotM has to go to the Grock again, our '1.5M player' was our main man again yestrday, he kept that horrible, dirty diving kunt Daves relatively quiet and won the aerial battle there - which isn't that easy to do a t Bolton as Davies bullys and wears down his opposition with his 'battering ram' game. The Grock also looked a genuine threat at set pieces and generally had an alround good game.

I agree with everyone else about our supporters yesteray - they were fantastic.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #730: Nov 01, 2010 12:50:43 am
      playing for a draw, thats what we looked like with 20 mins to go. Jasker whatever his name is was anoymous for most of the game and reina was one of our best players says it all for me, just not good enough. And as regards his comments after the match about fans jumping on his back if he dosent fulfil promises, sorry mr. hodgson if your at the biggest club in England and being followed by the best fans in the world, but you shouldnt have taken a job that was too big for you, you should have realised that your tactics which have not failed you in 35 years of management wouldnt have worked at a club as big as this now please let your p45 hit you(hard) on your way out the door, Im sure ol'whiskey nose would have some sort of coaching role available for him.
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #731: Nov 01, 2010 01:01:20 am
      That was awful and we're lucky to get all three today.  But football's not fair.  Some notable performances today from Lucas, Sotis & Pepe.

You sound like Roy.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #732: Nov 01, 2010 02:13:46 am
      I felt uneasy during say the first 85 minutes, I bet we all did

Gerrard looked out of place it sounds strange to say, his spray from Fernando's layoff was very out of character and his free kick went haywire. I hope he and Torres start to find their fire soon because it will spur on the rest of the improving team. Sometimes you look at their faces and wonder if they're annoyed at the lack of 'world class delivery' or maybe it's just me?

very happy for Maxi adding a goal to his name

I think Konchesky is gonna be a fair scapegoat but for what he is a buy from Fulham he is doing a job of sorts

love seeing Lucas free'd up and think he should take CM with Gerrard CAM and have Cole N'Gog or Babel play off Nando..

already nervous as sh*t for Chelsea but stoked with the win
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #733: Nov 01, 2010 02:20:31 am
      I surely won't be going into it expecting to get arse raped.

We are still LFC, we pull miracles.

And you know where we 'pull' them from: Out of our arse.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #734: Nov 01, 2010 03:51:18 am
      Why no Maxi in the motm vote? Thought he was great today with or without the goal.
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #735: Nov 01, 2010 03:53:13 am
      Well happy with the 3 points but not so pleased with the performanced, aside from Pepe,Meireles and Lucas, we can't play that way against chelsea next week

Quick Reply