Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

John Aldridge: Blame Rafa

Read 4856 times
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Re: John Aldridge: Blame Rafa
      Reply #23: Nov 02, 2010 07:33:37 am
      F***ing British xenophobia is all this is.

In their eyes Rafa is a fat Spanish waiter who will never be welcome or acknowledged no matter what he does.

Aldo isn't British.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #24: Nov 02, 2010 08:32:46 am
      I bet these ex players who have recently attacked rafa or backed roy are getting paid extra for these interviews. if they recall themselves a liverpool fan they should agree with the majority of what liverpool fans think.

another legend who can fack off
      That's all it's about-money, he makes the right noises for whatever media source and gets weighed in.
      Of course the same comments would be entirely unacceptable to a more knowledgeable audience which is why he changes tack with the Liverpool postcode.
      A very short sighted and naive code of practice from Aldo who surprisingly enough has not learned anything from previous similar experiences.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #25: Nov 02, 2010 12:51:29 pm

Aldridge was born in Liverpool in 1958.

The fact that he played for Rep of Ireland at a time when Jack Charlton was roping in anyone who had ever drank a pint of guinness or owned a red setter doesn't change that fact.

He probably had this ghost written, or he wants to get some air time with that pr**k eamon dunphy, so he has to say something controversial.

I'd love for someone to wave that article in his face next time he's gobbing off outside anfield.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #26: Nov 02, 2010 01:01:33 pm
      I agree with a lot of posters, I think it is a form of underlying racism.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #27: Nov 02, 2010 06:44:15 pm
      It seems to be a trend. Players shittalking the best manager the team has had in the last 20 years.

Starting to feel the same as RLB :

Its extremely biased mate, but to be honest I can not say I'm dissappointed as its what I've come to expect from our ex-players, sometime's I get the feeling none of them want us to do well and be succesfull again as they feel it may eclipse their own achievments in the clubs history.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28: Nov 03, 2010 01:18:46 am
      Rafa left with a better team than what was left to him by Houllier, yet I didn't see many quotes by Rafa sniping at Gerard
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #29: Nov 03, 2010 04:22:05 am
      Aldridge is a probably friends with Gerrard and Carra. He is just spreading the word like Murphy and co do. It also probably gets them in the door at Anfield.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #30: Nov 03, 2010 04:23:52 am
      Did Aldridge back Hodgson?

Quick Reply