Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Rafa on Roy - 'Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar'

Read 31999 times
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Re: Rafa on Roy - 'Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar'
      Reply #437: Nov 03, 2010 07:50:25 pm
      We are still waiting for his own assessment of his first 10 games. at best its a D more like an F.

He probably doesn't realise he's already had his 10 games.  Remember a while ago in one of his classic interviews  he couldn't remember how many games we'd played.  The man is an imbecile
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #438: Nov 03, 2010 08:44:42 pm
      Not a fan of Hodgson, but at least he's had the decency to apologise,and a line should be drawn under the whole thing, rather than it being played out for the tabloid's to feast upon.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #439: Nov 03, 2010 08:47:44 pm
      just I haven't had a sense of humour lobotomy.

'Frontal' was plenty, eh?  ;D
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #440: Nov 03, 2010 09:41:37 pm
      And what I'm saying is that hodgson never has been and never will be of the calibre required to manage a club like ours.

If you find it hard to dislike a man who criticizes EVERYONE else for his own shortcomings, then that's your problem.

But when a man uses fan protests against the owners as an excuse for his own shortcomings, and then goes on to say the players are crap I am not going to respect him or give him time.

When a man puts his friendship with ferguson ahead of the club, we have a right to ask questions.

When a man uses the press to belittle our players and legends, we have a right to castigate him for it.

When a man refuses to rule out selling our best players, we have a right to voice our anger - especially when the club linked with him is manu - and all because he didn't want to upset his mate ferguson.

All this coupled with his arrogance, his sh*t tactics, his crap motivation and his long ball sh*te.

And you want us to give him time? Why? so he can drag us down still further?

This bollocks about a crap squad is all very well, but he sent 2 players out on loan, and brought in 2 WORSE players to replace them - and besides which, even a blind man can see that the 1st team is a very good team, given the right coach, which hodgson is NOT.

FFS anyone with half an ounce of football knowledge could get this team into the top half of the table - and 10 games in he hasn't managed that, and correct me if I'm wrong but he himeslf said to judge him after 10 games.

Well, I have, and it's an EPIC FAIL.

I admit that I didn't want Rafa to leave, but at the very least we should have replaced him with a manager of some ability - instead we got a manager who is the same as the players he signs. A journeyman. And whilst that might be good enough for you, it's nowhere near good enough for me.

Very good post....
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #441: Nov 03, 2010 09:44:50 pm
      First the echo poll and comments, followed by Roy's apology to Rafa all of a sudden.  Then a story about Roy having plans for Pacheco.  Is someone from NESV visiting here?  ;D
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #442: Nov 03, 2010 10:00:37 pm
      I mean thinking about that Roy press release in hindsight i don't think he made an apology, He is just trying to act smart and be a gentleman which the Press loves so much about him. If only he was smart with tactics and team management I am sure he would have been much adored in his managerial career. Come on over 35 years in management and nothing worthy to show of his F***ing brilliant systems and all......Bloody senile old gentlemen......Funguson's Pussy...ya that's Roy for you.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #443: Nov 03, 2010 10:04:07 pm
      He didnt apologise he said if he upset Rafa he would apologise big difference.
      He upset me but how come i dont get an apology like lots of people on here I was an internet terrorist.
      You do realise by typing the word terrorist this forum will be flagged as a potential risk to national security. Unlike Roy who is a risk to world peace.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #444: Nov 03, 2010 11:59:34 pm
      He is such a F***ing dick.

Trying to belittle our last successful manager, the last man who won something(!) while he takesover and makes us a laughing stock is just sheer arrogance and ignorance.

Your not going to make friends like this Woy. SO shut up and win games (a win = 3 points, not 1!)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #445: Nov 04, 2010 12:13:45 am
      He didnt apologise he said if he upset Rafa he would apologise big difference.
      He upset me but how come I dont get an apology like lots of people on here I was an internet terrorist.
      You do realise by typing the word terrorist this forum will be flagged as a potential risk to national security. Unlike Roy who is a risk to world peace.

To be fair, that was Hicks that referred to us as internet terrorists ;)

Roy just thinks we are a group of people on those stupid websites.

His apology, although welcome, is still very thin for me. He has hardly done it off his own back, and if it was up to him i don't think he would have bothered. Fact remains, he said those things - he may have meant no harm, but thats like punching someone in the mouth and then apologizing saying you didn't mean to break their jaw.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #446: Nov 04, 2010 10:36:05 am
      Too little too late springs to mind.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #447: Nov 04, 2010 11:01:47 am
      Roy needs to give rafa more than an apology he needs to respect him and what he achieved at the club with both hands tied nehind his back under the previous regime and respect the pride rafa bought back to the fans,no one even ex players can ever take that away from him.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #448: Nov 04, 2010 11:07:19 am
      He probably doesn't realise he's already had his 10 games.  Remember a while ago in one of his classic interviews  he couldn't remember how many games we'd played.  The man is an imbecile

He couldn't remember how many we'd lost. :D

"What is it, 4... or 5?"

F**k me. :-\
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #449: Nov 04, 2010 12:07:16 pm
      Rafa never slagged off at Valencia-his nickname was god and not for positive reasons !
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #450: Nov 04, 2010 12:58:19 pm
      Rafa is getting blamed for us being sh*te after hes gone. The man who was manager before him got credit for th eEuropean cup, which Rafa won. Strange that isnt it  :mad:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #451: Nov 04, 2010 01:17:18 pm
      Let's give Roy a chance folks. He is making mistakes, but he seems to be learning quickly. IMO.

For all concerned I hope we turn things around.

Hate all the negative stuff about our great club.

YNWA.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #452: Nov 04, 2010 01:24:46 pm
      Let's give Roy a chance folks. He is making mistakes, but he seems to be learning quickly. IMO.

For all concerned I hope we turn things around.

Hate all the negative stuff about our great club.

YNWA.

Have you not seen his team selection for tonight!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #453: Nov 04, 2010 02:11:20 pm
      Brezipool everyone will get behind the club when that clown is gone.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #454: Nov 04, 2010 02:16:29 pm
      He is 63 and been a manager for over 30 years he shouldnt be making the mistakes he is if he was any good. The problem is he is Mr Avg. and we got rid of someone who was anything but avg he was world class.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #455: Nov 04, 2010 02:38:50 pm
      I see now that Roy blames Maxi because he dosent speak much English and cant have a long conversation with him. Nice one Maxi I no speaka de english ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,649 posts | 6945 
      Reply #456: Nov 04, 2010 02:59:01 pm
      To be fair this topic has now come to an end.

Rafa and Roy are now the bestest of friends, and next summer will dress up as priests and dance across the mountains of sugar together.

At least, until the next falling out. ;)

Topic Locked.

Quick Reply