Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

"Judge me after 10 games" (Roy Hodgson)

Read 12626 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: "Judge me after 10 games" (Roy Hodgson)
      Reply #115: Nov 03, 2010 01:21:59 pm
      All very good reasoning Brian78 but the question remains how is he still here he has managed to upset everyone)OK bar about 10%).
      I will never forgive him for that stupid smile with Gollem but most of all the way he has destroyed our team of internationals into a relagation battling  side unable to score goals whilst leaking them like a sieve.

My above post is aimed at that 10% mate. How some defend him is beyond me. Its not as if the football he sets the team out to paly can help cover over my above points. I cant find one positive about him and I was one who in July stood his corner asking to give him a chance!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #116: Nov 03, 2010 01:27:17 pm
      i think some of the 10% are genuine but I have come to the firm conclusion that some of them are just wind up merchants looking to waste some time.
      I have tried to ask some off them for the reasons behind their loyalty to Roy but its very difficult to get a straight forward answer because lets face it you cant defend the indefensible.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #117: Nov 03, 2010 02:40:47 pm
      Why is he still here? He almost ruins my match day knowing he's there with his outdated tactics and F**k all knowledge of modern football.

Thankfully we know he's been forced to chance his tactics, although very slightly, to avoid the mass suicide that was soon to take place at the beginning of the season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #118: Nov 03, 2010 03:03:01 pm
      Unless NESV bring a giant f***in Rabbit out of the hat it looks very much like we are stuck with Roy who remains adamant there is a lack of quality in the squad.
      This is so depressing can you imagine being a fringe player instead of being desperate to get your chance you are waitng for the chop because Roy dosent think you are good enough.A1 motivation Roy.
      We hear nothing from NESV and he is still here, no sign of any world class signings in the future lots of honorable statements but not much success for us in the near future.
      Without CL football this club doesnt have a soul.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #119: Nov 03, 2010 05:32:29 pm
      I keep hearing about Roy not playing youngsters. Did Rafa??
      Rafa was here 6 years.. who did he bring through?
      He gave the odd game to a youngster here and there.
      If your going to bash Roy, then look at Rafa aswell.
      Compare Roy to Rafa.
      I think people on this are so incredibly biased towards Rafa and against Roy its scary.
      Ok, he is not the right man but we are all exaggerating how bad he is.

Well in my opinion there is a marked contrast in the approach of both men. To begin we sometimes get the illusion that Rafa went after Worldclass signings. I would disagree. First of all he never had quite the fund to really pursue a player with a known pedigree except for Aqua who I think would have been a fantastic signing if he did not have the injury problems. Torres was a star but not what we see today, torres blossomed under rafa into this worldclass striker we know today. Again how old was Alonso when Rafa brought him here. Clubs such as barca or Real were not interested in Alonso but today he plays for Real. Alonso when he came was of the same age as spearing presently is but the quality is different.
      I would say until the last two seasons of Rafa's tenure he used four very young players-Lucas, Insua, Ngog and Babel. so he did use young players. Rafa did not used pacheco as much because he was still too young. but today I think he is good enough for the first team. I think Rafa liked working with young players who had the ability and all his signings were of young players except on three occasions-Fowler, Morientes and The Greek. It was not as if Rafa had a reserve containing the likes of Wilshires. Anyway look today at some of our former players-Kirkland, Carson, Warnock, Mellor etc they all cut their teeth under Rafa and among them today I would say only Warnock would get into the liverpool team. but at that time he wasn't good enough and had to compete with Riise. Rafa always looked for young players and its another matter that the academy was not producing players of the quality necessary for the first team. Reina, Alonso, Lucas, Babel, Insua, Agger, Skrtel, Mascherano, Aqua, Ngog, Torres etc were all young players when Rafa brought them here and made them into the players they are today (except Babel). So I think it is no point criticizing Rafa or Roy if the standard of the reserves is not good enough. I would not play young players just for the sake of it, they should first have the ability and the temperament. But Roy is buying players such as poulsen, Konchesky for the first team and showing the door to the future liverpool stars such as Insua, Pacheco (turning him into a rightwinger). Lauri is gone to Fulham, Aqua is gone and Agger will also go by the looks of it. The vision of the two manager is very different. So in all to criticize Rafa for not playing youngster is completely wrong in my Opinion...but of course others are welcome to disagree.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #120: Nov 03, 2010 08:08:07 pm
      Rafa used Coutiniho and that other 18 year old for Inter again spures yesterday that is evidence enough that Rafa likes using youth
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #121: Nov 03, 2010 08:21:25 pm
      Ask yourself why after 4 months he is the most disliked Liverpool manager ever

Is it

A) His tactics
      B) His results (lack of them)
      c) His running down of ex manager/legend
      D) His ignoring of good players
      E) His stupid post match interviews (best we've played this season (after deby defeat) )
      F) The fact he sits with head in hands looking clueless
      G) His refusal to rule out sale of Nando to utd
      H) His love for Fergie
      I) The way he gets an easy ride from the press
      J) His lack of understanding the Liverpool way
      K) A mix of all the above
      totally agree with this list ...good reasons to feel depressed and frustrated
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #122: Nov 03, 2010 10:01:59 pm
      Rafa used Coutiniho and that other 18 year old for Inter again spures yesterday that is evidence enough that Rafa likes using youth
      And everybody says Rafa does not play youngster ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #123: Nov 03, 2010 10:05:58 pm
      totally agree with this list ...good reasons to feel depressed and frustrated
      No mate try downing mouth fulls of Glenfiddich only to realise Roy was not just a bad dream.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #124: Nov 03, 2010 10:39:46 pm
      Is he still here?

Can't he count up to 10?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #125: Nov 03, 2010 11:01:20 pm
      I judged Roy before the ink was even dry on his contract, it wasn't my duty to judge Roy after ten games, it was his duty to prove my initial feelings about his appointment wrong, something he has failed to do and infact he has been worse than I first feared, I knew we'd struggle, I knew his style of football and tactics were from the dark ages, I had a feeling he would do terrible business in the transfer market, but I never expected him putting his foot in his mouth everytime he speaks, I never expected to be so far away from conducting himself in the Liverpool way he suggested he'd adhere to in his press confrences, I never once for a second thought he'd loan out Aquilani, I could go on, but its replicated through every Roy thread.

Quick Reply