Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

"Judge me after 10 games" (Roy Hodgson)

Read 12793 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: "Judge me after 10 games" (Roy Hodgson)
      Reply #46: Nov 01, 2010 02:49:12 pm
      And let's not forget we compete in the Europa cup or whatever the f**k it's called for the same reason we were in the bottom three in the PL, the arse has fallen out of the clubs reputation due in no small way to RH's management skills or the lack of the same.

??? baffling post this one stuey... We compete in the Europa League because Hicks and Gillett asset-stripped the club to pay their interest - this all happened before Hodgson became manager.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #47: Nov 01, 2010 03:01:58 pm
      League: D
      Europa League: B+
      League Cup: F
      Transfers: C-
      Media: F
      Youth Development: D
      Tactics: D-
      Man-management: D-

Overall: D

This is a post by vitez slightly edited but I agree 100% and it proves he has failed what are your opinions on the above ?

Cant really expect much youth development in a period of ten games can you? he has given them games in Europa League and League Cup like most managers, he plays his full team in league.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #48: Nov 01, 2010 03:05:06 pm
      Not defending him at all, because he IS the wrong man for us , but unbeaten in the last 3 matches, climbing the table,which is what you requested !

I know what you are saying mate, the real improvement in football is what I mean Roy's unbeaten run will come undone against Chelsea and that will send us back down the table, I don't see any improvemnt in the football we have been playing infact we have regressed in that manner since playing Blackburn.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #49: Nov 01, 2010 03:08:44 pm
      ??? baffling post this one stuey... We compete in the Europa League because Hicks and Gillett asset-stripped the club to pay their interest - this all happened before Hodgson became manager.
      Of course pfft - getting carried away with the bye,bye Roy rhetoric my mistake entirely. He's not off the hook though .
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #50: Nov 01, 2010 03:15:08 pm
      Cant really expect much youth development in a period of ten games can you? he has given them games in Europa League and League Cup like most managers, he plays his full team in league.

Nope youth development !! Why hasn't Pacheco had a game ?,Why isn't Shelvey playing instead off Poulsen,Kelly not playing as much as i'd like to see him...have to make some judgement !
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #51: Nov 01, 2010 03:42:35 pm
      Distinctly, uninspiringly below average.  I dislike Roy's tactics and do not think they are suited to a big club.

1.  We sit back and too deep.  We changed for 70 mins against Blackburn.  Then 'hung on' in the final 20 while one of the worst teams in the league dominated us.  The same happened against other lesser teams.
      2.  We do not press teams consistently.  Related to the above.
      3.  We have virtually zero width, but annoyingly, if we do get wide, we make chances.  Roy's history tells us that he likes his wingers to cut in all the time.
      4.  We have too much reliance on long, high balls.  We all know Torres is NOT Zamora, does Roy?
      5.  The fact that in those games he has had less than flattering words to say about Reina, Torres and Agger...... but nothing but praise for Gerrard and Carragher.

There's more, but you get the picture......
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #52: Nov 01, 2010 03:48:25 pm
      ^    ^    ^    ^
      We do indeed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #53: Nov 01, 2010 04:24:29 pm
      If we do win the next 2 against chelsea and wigan how would that change things. win loose or draw I dont like the way we set up expecting the opposition to attack us. The strong attack the weak not the other way round Roy. He is so used to building sides from mid table he just has got 30 odd years of being avg running through his viens and cannot change. 10 games is a good judge more than 25% of games gone and only 12 points and just as importantly still -4 goal difference are we trying to become the Arsenal from the 80's and grind out 1-0 wins home and away.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #54: Nov 01, 2010 04:38:49 pm
      I believe, the bottom line, is this.

If the league wasnt so close, with every team bar a few being average.  We would still be bottom, and Hodgson would of been gone a long time ago.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #55: Nov 01, 2010 04:45:58 pm
      My opinion of him after 10 games is a F***ing disaster, I thought he would be out of his depth when appointed but I even didn't realise how poor a manager he is.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #56: Nov 01, 2010 04:53:49 pm
      F.

Just not Liverpool standard, two wins against sh*te opposition isn't going to change my opinion one bit.

Roy out.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #57: Nov 01, 2010 05:08:57 pm
      Judged.

Twenty Years Hard Labour.

Managing West Ham.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #58: Nov 01, 2010 05:11:12 pm
      League F
      Europa C
      League Cup Unclassified
      Transfers D
      Media F
      Youth E (only because of Europe, it would be F if based on the league)
      Tactics F

Epic fail.

Roy out.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #59: Nov 01, 2010 05:12:11 pm
      I cant remember a situation were the overwhelming majority of us wanted the manager to go. Although many personal things have been said about him it isnt personal that we want him out not as a man but a manager.Surely JH must be aware of this just what will he do as waiting until January could spell disaster for the club next season let alone this one.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #60: Nov 01, 2010 05:17:58 pm
      I don't think 10 games is fair.

We have given every other manager time. I think a season is fair.

Unless we are losing and not improving, but the last couple of games & the Europa have given me hope at least that it can be turned round.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #61: Nov 01, 2010 05:34:47 pm
      Judge ye after 10 games, ok no bother

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!
      iamrafa
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      • Any chance of the old job back ?
      Reply #62: Nov 01, 2010 05:39:57 pm
      10 games , 100 games - you are a sh*t manager.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #63: Nov 01, 2010 05:51:06 pm
      I don't think 10 games is fair.

We have given every other manager time. I think a season is fair.

Unless we are losing and not improving, but the last couple of games & the Europa have given me hope at least that it can be turned round.
      The consensus of opinion is based on a manager who was appointed during the tenure of the most reviled owners the club has ever had and his continued presence is not really appreciated. Coupled with that is our worst start in the league for fifty years so the majorities lack of faith has been well justified.
      In that context patience would be a sentiment very difficult if not impossible to muster.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #64: Nov 01, 2010 06:02:53 pm
      starting from which one????I am confuse
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #65: Nov 01, 2010 06:05:25 pm
      starting from which one????I am confuse
      So am I but there's no confusion as to what I'm confused about.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #66: Nov 01, 2010 07:00:29 pm
      I,m starting to get mixed feelings after 10 games. Is this all Roys fault ? Some of it is it must be said but looking at the players they,re not really performing are they. Gerrard and Torres, our best players, did,nt perform that well yesterday and i,d say the best performances came from what we call our fringe players Soto and Lucas. Are the bad performances all down to Roys tactics ? I,d say it has something to do with it but some of our best players were woefull yesterday and i,m starting to question thier commitment. Roy has a meeting with the owners this week and you can just imagine what hes going to say. He,ll spin them some yarn that he inherited this team and he needs to put his stamp on it so give me the money and I think he,ll get a resounding not a chance mate. I dont think NESV are going to work like that. They will not give a manager so much control over transfers as Rafa enjoyed.

They will bring in the best in the business when it comes to money being spent, that i,m sure of. I defo think we,re moving into a 1st team coach / director of football scenario. That begs the question that if we are to go for some of the best players around do you think that if Roy is still at the helm will those players want to come here and play for him. In fact i susspect that the majority of them will not know who he is. So to judge him after 10 games is not good enough with his tactics but players are to blame as well, but is that his fault also. If Roy is still in charge after the Chelsea game i,d expect to see him here all season...............but we can but dream of the oposite. 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #67: Nov 01, 2010 07:08:47 pm
      Of course it is Hodgson fault where is Liverpool best performing centre midfielder at the moment oh ya playing with Juventus. He has being a f**king disaster only his most blinded mates in the media can't see that.

Isn't it f**king amazing how easy a ride he is getting off the media. The last time I seen a national media give someone such a easy ride was when Hitler was in charge of Germany or Saddam was in charge of Iraq. :D
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #68: Nov 01, 2010 08:07:57 pm
      Well, again his worlds haunt him... 10 games and you havent been good enough! He knew the squad when he took over, so I dont care about his excuses.

To be honest, I would like Ian Holloway - watching the Blackpool game and i like his style - that and he is a nut case! If we cant get a world class manager he is who who I would like... (braces himself for a barrage of abuse!)

Quick Reply