Trending Topics

"Judge me after 10 games" (Roy Hodgson)

Read 12840 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: "Judge me after 10 games" (Roy Hodgson)
      Reply #69: Nov 01, 2010 08:12:19 pm
      Well, again his worlds haunt him... 10 games and you havent been good enough! He knew the squad when he took over, so I dont care about his excuses.

To be honest, I would like Ian Holloway - watching the Blackpool game and I like his style - that and he is a nut case! If we cant get a world class manager he is who who I would like... (braces himself for a barrage of abuse!)
      Thats not such a wild idea as Hodgson. H eat least motivates his team and is passionate about how he wants his team to play. That is two pluses for me over Hodgson.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #70: Nov 01, 2010 08:17:29 pm
      Thats not such a wild idea as Hodgson. H eat least motivates his team and is passionate about how he wants his team to play. That is two pluses for me over Hodgson.

And he loves his team - thats the kind of attitude we need at the club! He would go to battle for every one of them!
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #71: Nov 01, 2010 08:19:10 pm
      F***ing hell!

Am i seeing support for Roy??!
      Open your effing eyes!

The man is breaking all the wrong records:
      Worst start in the league for 50 years,
      LIVERPOOL FC IN THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE TABLE!!

Give him a season?
      Seriously! I am so shocked to even be reading this- a whole season of Roy in charge & we will look like Fulham #2!
      Mid-table, no trophies, no european football- Dont lower your expectations because some senile tw*t told you to!

Give him time?
      10 games is what he asked for- so 10 games is what he got.

Rafa got time- He delivered-
      As did Houllier,
      Gerard
      Evans
      Etc...

Have you ever seen us hold the defensive line so deep?
      Have you ever seen a team score by defending? (except into their own goal!?)

Clueless doesnt even start to cover it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #72: Nov 01, 2010 08:22:47 pm
      What have i missed something where is the support for grandad
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,947 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #73: Nov 01, 2010 10:02:45 pm
      So Roy,''Judge you after 10 you say'' does that mean the board can sack you on Monday after Chelski, i hope your a man of your word, if by some miracle we were to batter the Chavs on Sunday and i mean batter them we would have won less than 60% of the first 11 matches, Simply not good enough for our club, we all season so far have yet to put in a peformance to be proud of one that says to us fans yeah we are liking what your doing and we cant wait for the next victims, But Roy we actually dread the next match because we just have'nt got a f***in clue what team your going to select or which way your going to ask them to play, TBH, i don't hold out much hope of getting anything from the Chavs, so why not just F**k off now so as Kenny can come in and fire us up, instill some passion into our players and maybe just maybe we can start being proud of our players again, go on Roy, for the love of the game just f***in GO.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #74: Nov 01, 2010 10:14:26 pm
      League - F (Liverpool should never be in the relegation zone after 9 games, that is a failure to me)
      Europa - B (Doing okay there, but not mind-blowing bar that one good win)
      League Cup - F (No excuse there)
      Transfers - C- Raul good, Poulsen & Konchesky not so good)
      Media - F (Never have I seen so much sh*t come out of a managers mouth in such a short stint)
      Youth - D (He's making Rafa's so called bad youth management look brilliant, I mean where the f**k has Dani been?!)
      Tactics - F (Utter sh*t again, for the most part)
      Man Management - D (Again, utter sh*t it seems but don't know the full story yet)

OVERALL - F+ (Just bumps to a plus with the couple wins, but still is f**king absolute sh*t as I see it)

I'd say Europa is a D to be honest, should be beating them teams. Agree with the rest though.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #75: Nov 01, 2010 10:25:40 pm
      Judgement - Mr Hogdson, You're fired!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: Nov 01, 2010 10:45:43 pm
      Roy has forgotten about the 10 games.
      His feet are under the table and he is going to meet the Boss pre Chelsea game.
      More slippery than a snake he is bigging up his staying on chances.

"I have always believed we are working the right way," he said. "I've been as devastated as anyone else by our recent results but I've never stopped believing that our work would pay dividends. It's going to be a longer job. It's a rebuilding job and there is still a lot of work to do but it's nice to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. It will be nice to work in a slightly less frenetic atmosphere."

Henry will return to Merseyside from the US for meetings before the visit of Chelsea to Anfield on Sunday.
      Plans for the transfer window will be discussed. (FFS!)

Hodgson said: "We have contact with each other on an almost daily basis because he is very interested and committed and anxious to learn more about the club and what can be done and what needs to be done and how the club can move forward, which is music to all our ears.
      He will be holding a lot of meetings this week and he wants to spend some time with me on how I see the situation and things panning out in the future.
      It will be a good week in that respect and I suppose I am just delighted that we are doing it on the back of a victory rather than a defeat because that tends to drag everyone's mood down."

I feel like being sick..

"We have contact with each other on an almost daily basis"
      Feeding him the bullshit Roy?

"Its going to be a longer job"
      Till the end of your contract Roy, is that when you mean?

"It will be a good week.........."
      Why. Do you think you are now staying.

I thought our new glorious Boston leader was a smart guy?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/31/roy-hodgson-liverpool-bolton
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #77: Nov 01, 2010 10:59:01 pm
      Roy.

You have been weighed.
      You have been measured. 
      And you have absolutely...
      Been found wanting.

If only I could find the video to go with it!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #78: Nov 01, 2010 11:06:03 pm
      i wonder this meeting was set in stone after his 'judge me after 10 games' comment.. maybe mr h has been waiting for this day to give him the hook.. but the media will give them the grief if they sack him now as they would say, he had turned it around n now is sacked... i dont think we stand a chance on sunday, under woy chelsea will spank us.. if its a riot i think woy should be fired then
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #79: Nov 01, 2010 11:46:23 pm
      Why does he keep saying it's a rebuilding job?  It isn't.

We have good centre backs.  One very good, that doesn't play because Roy wants hoofers.
      Full backs, yes, probably we can do a little better.
      Wingers we need, one and maybe give one of the youngsters a run?
      Centre-mid, we're ok.  Again, though one of best players is playing well and NOT at the club!!!??
      Strikers, we're probably one short, but again, could one of the youngsters fill in? Pacheco?

I don't think that is a rebuilding job so I worry that Roy is going to turn us into Fulham mk2 and all our quality players will leave.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #80: Nov 01, 2010 11:47:24 pm
      After 10 games woy, you are useless. 

You want another 10, you will still be useless.

We are liverpool, not one of the sh*te teams you have managed before.  Get that through your feckin head and just quit or die.  Either will do.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #81: Nov 01, 2010 11:51:24 pm
      Why does he keep saying it's a rebuilding job?  It isn't.

We have good centre backs.  One very good, that doesn't play because Roy wants hoofers.
      Full backs, yes, probably we can do a little better.
      Wingers we need, one and maybe give one of the youngsters a run?
      Centre-mid, we're ok.  Again, though one of best players is playing well and NOT at the club!!!??
      Strikers, we're probably one short, but again, could one of the youngsters fill in? Pacheco?

I don't think that is a rebuilding job so I worry that Roy is going to turn us into Fulham mk2 and all our quality players will leave.

With our team we have now, we should still be in europe next year.  Problem is we need squad players.  Those that can fill in on the bench, or incase we get a injury.  Plus 2 or 3 that can fight for a starting job.  Not the likes we are getting in woys rebuilding.  Poulson, konchesky, what are you woy rebuilding for.  The championship?
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #82: Nov 01, 2010 11:57:06 pm
      With our team we have now, we should still be in europe next year.  Problem is we need squad players.  Those that can fill in on the bench, or incase we get a injury.  Plus 2 or 3 that can fight for a starting job.  Not the likes we are getting in woys rebuilding.  Poulson, konchesky, what are you woy rebuilding for.  The championship?

And with links with players like Carlton Cole it's become a sick joke.  It just shows he has a blue print, ie no wingers, long balls and deep defence.  The big striker holds it up and Bob's your uncle.  If I wanted to see that, I'd support every team Fat Sam manages. 
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #83: Nov 01, 2010 11:59:00 pm
      We know he is out of his depth,the players know the same.The backroom staff hate Purslime so much,that Uncle Roy is seen as the "Pantomime Dame".The Media embrace him because it feeds their anti-LFC propaganda.Now the Owners need to see through the sh*te and act decisively,for the good of the club.Roy,the judgement is,you are the weakest link,so f*ck off.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #84: Nov 02, 2010 12:46:09 am
      He's been a F***ing disaster for us and the  quicker nesv get the new team in place the better for all, at the red sox it wasn't untill their third new man did they get it right so they will have no worry about giving RH his cards. They will get it right and they will have us moving upwards.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #85: Nov 02, 2010 06:14:46 am
      My verdict after 10 games is... please do one Woy!

You're way out of your depth here. You mouth and your tactics is a disgrace
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #86: Nov 02, 2010 06:29:34 am
       OK Roy you have been judged after 10 games, and now it is time to pass sentence.Your sentence is that you leave Anfield immediately  and go to some club that has no ambition and who has supporters that do not give a sh*t how their team plays football.I am getting on a bit now and cannot be arsed with 3 and 5 year plans,I have seen so many wonderful players wear the RED of L.F.C. over the years  and yearn for those days again.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #87: Nov 02, 2010 06:32:48 am
      Midas turned everything he touched to gold.
      Roy, you are the anti-midas - everything you touch is turning to sh**e at the moment

Henry - please put him out of his misery
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #88: Nov 02, 2010 11:47:12 am
      How many internationals went to the World cup from Fulham ? 6 from Ghana,Australia. Switzerland etc. We had 12  4 of which went to the final.
      So he now has more internationals in his side than he has ever managed in the EPL yet he tells us this is a rebuilding job. what is he rebuilding here a copy of his Fulham side perhaps.
      He is so out of his depth but so desperate to hang on he can no longer be objective about his own performance and has blamed everybody for the bad results other than himself whilst the modest number of wins are down to his methods.
      the man is a basket case and needs to be hauled out of Anfield in a straight jacket before he causes more harm to our club.
      If Chelsea come to Anfield up for it and we sit deep in our own half we will get murdered I dont want that to happen just to get him out but it is becoming a price worth paying to see the back of him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,462 posts | 4591 
      Reply #89: Nov 02, 2010 01:02:07 pm
      You have judged and we the fans find you guilty of crimes against LFC.

Now F**k off!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #90: Nov 02, 2010 01:05:07 pm

It was Roy who stipulated that he be "judged" after ten games mate. Not us. Or didn't you know that?
      wengitari
      • Banned

• 80 posts |
      Reply #91: Nov 02, 2010 01:11:17 pm
      Roy, you said 'judge me after 10 games' and so I do:

Been a mixed bag.  Ups and Downs.  Not a great start to the season (worst on record!) but after 10 games, I'm happy to keep you on.  I won't be calling for your head like many other knee jerkers around here.  You were down in the dumps, but shocked everyone by winning twice straight up! That's a good positive sign, and albeit we face Chelsea next, I can see us rising up the table again and battling for Champions League.  The table is extremely close, with all teams dropping more points than they should.

Had the players been playing better (and especially with Torres way out of form), the position would have reflected far better on you.  It's a hard role that you've taken on, and the players have continued the bad form as under Rafa.  Hope things continue to progress for the better.

Keep it up Roy! Learn from recent games and improve.  I'm behind you. You still have my support!

Quick Reply