Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Rafa on Roy - 'Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar'

Read 32474 times
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Re: Rafa on Roy - 'Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar'
      Reply #345: Nov 03, 2010 11:28:30 am
      Maybe we should all move on and do what thousands of reds have done before us , support our current manager !!!!!!!!!!!!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #346: Nov 03, 2010 11:31:37 am
      Maybe we should all move on and do what thousands of reds have done before us , support our current manager !!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be brutally honest, this thread has nothing to do with our feelings on the current manager or the previous manager. I think that is the root of the huge misunderstanding in this thread, and is where the arguing has come from.

There are plenty of other threads in The Kop for you to discuss your feelings in.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #347: Nov 03, 2010 11:33:40 am
      Purslow's last months Milk, Hodgson this months Sugar, can't wait to find out who's next months Tea Bag, Rafa's just missing a good old English Cuppa. :D

Rafa teabagging hodgson? Doesn't make for a pleasant mental image.

That aside, as has been pointed ouut frequently, Rafa only spoke because the british press pestered him about it AGAIN, just as they did 2 weeks ago.

It seems it is part of a concerted campaign to KEEP having digs at the man even though he has been gone for some time - presumably in the hope that he a) doesn't ever come back to England due to this vitriolic campaign, and b) sells is house in Liverpool.

Maybe one of the journo's has been briefed by purslow that he wants to buy it...
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #348: Nov 03, 2010 11:37:28 am

One of the reasons why a MAJORITY of fans do not support hidgson is because of his propensity for using the press to lay blame elsewhere.

So far he has attacked the fans, the players, the ex-owners, the ex-manager and probably the tea lady, all because he doesn't have the integrity, or is too arrogant, to admit some of the fault lies with him.

I'd go as far as to say that MOST of the fault lies with him.

That's before we even start talking about his lies to the fans.

If he had just kept his stupid big mouth shut, a fair few of the fans who have turned against him would still be backing him, but the man is too classless and arrogant to realise even this fact.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #349: Nov 03, 2010 12:04:53 pm
      In all honesty I think that will be the only thing left for us to do support Roy as there seems very little chance of him being removed by NESV.
      That will cause a lot of negativity in the ground especially if we loose or draw at home playing defensive counterattacking football.
      I think everyone hope the new owners would at last remove the very negative aura surrounding the club these last 2 years but I am not sure that has been lifted at all.
      Just not sure which direction we are going in at the moment can anyone enlighten me.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #350: Nov 03, 2010 12:09:04 pm
      In all honesty I think that will be the only thing left for us to do support Roy as there seems very little chance of him being removed by NESV.
      That will cause a lot of negativity in the ground especially if we loose or draw at home playing defensive counterattacking football.
      I think everyone hope the new owners would at last remove the very negative aura surrounding the club these last 2 years but I am not sure that has been lifted at all.
      Just not sure which direction we are going in at the moment can anyone enlighten me.

I see us as treading water until a new board is in place.

After that (maybe) a new manager, money for players, stadium upgrade or build, huge marketing push, youth academy plans, and an overhaul of the way we do business.

I'd expect to see ticket prices rise, but the corporate/hospitality side rise much more.

But NOTHING until they find the right man to lead the board.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #351: Nov 03, 2010 12:10:04 pm
      One of the reasons why a MAJORITY of fans do not support hidgson is because of his propensity for using the press to lay blame elsewhere.

So far he has attacked the fans, the players, the ex-owners, the ex-manager and probably the tea lady, all because he doesn't have the integrity, or is too arrogant, to admit some of the fault lies with him.

I'd go as far as to say that MOST of the fault lies with him.

That's before we even start talking about his lies to the fans.

If he had just kept his stupid big mouth shut, a fair few of the fans who have turned against him would still be backing him, but the man is too classless and arrogant to realise even this fact.

This.

and

It is of no coincidence that before the first CL between Inter & Tottenham Redknapp chose to have a go at Rafa and his LFC signings and just before the second CL match between the two Hodgson raises his voice to have a dig.

Redknapp pointed to Rafas signings and spend and sympathised with H&G and then Hodgson talks about Rafas 'flop' signings and utters in his best miserable (lying) tone about how Rafa had snubbed Kenny.

Before and in between all of this you've got Ferguson sniping and the UK press lapping it all up.

I don't think there's a man on here who if he was basically getting slagged off behind his back wouldn't have a go.

If you're Pro Rafa, Anti Rafa, Move on from Rafa or Indifferent to Rafa you have to admit that in such a situation you would have no choice but to defend yourself. Being the bigger man in such a situation is not a requirement.

As pointed out this thread is ALL about what Rafa said and if he was right to say it.

As a man, I think he was.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #352: Nov 03, 2010 12:14:12 pm
      I think when Redknapp comes to Anfield the crowd will let him know what they think of his supportive comments for H+G. I just dont like the way the media have treated Rafa from day one, he is a world class manager with a fantastic record of success that for him is all that counts he dosent care too much about his profile unlike Jose for instance.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #353: Nov 03, 2010 12:16:49 pm
      Wengitari on Rafa - 'Some people should focus on their own team to avoid losing embarrasingly'
      Got to say I agree, Rafa should have ignored the LFC questions until after the game. If I was an Inter fan I would be mighty ticked off at my manager today...
      No Comment.

Next.

Mr B.
      There are a couple of points made in some of your posts I would agree with you on.

I'm not, myself, endearing myself to members of this forum when I swim upstream against the current of mass opinion.
      Everyone and his dog knows that having been in the job about the same time as Houllier, I felt with all the crap flying round and last seasons performances it was time for a change of manager.

For Rafa's sake as well as the club.

Nor do I (unless it gets stupid) pull any rank that being in comparison, an al fart, to a lot of members:
      I have like Billy and OldRed stood on the Kop in the 1960s. So Ive been round the block.

My reason for being on here, is my love of the club since a kid.

I dont take kindly to see some of the spurious sh*te being posted with venom and vindictiveness especially direct against members who seem to know what they are talking about.
      IE. One of the most knowledgeable posters Stuey.

I'm the first one who could shout "Clique" everytime in my posts the word (shhhhhhh) "rafa"   comes out.
      I respect everyone else's views. I hope whether they agree or not at least they respect mine whether its the popular consensus or not.

Putting bile into your posts leads them to lose any credibility that they may, or may not, have.
      « Last Edit: Nov 03, 2010 03:11:28 pm by eurored »
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #354: Nov 03, 2010 12:22:28 pm

Not in a million years!........Never!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #355: Nov 03, 2010 12:28:01 pm
      Some people do come here just to wind people up.I had a perfectly good bash with someone the other day who favoured Roy Hodgson it was his frimly held view how can I disagree with that.what I dont like is snidy remarks about Rafa's record and I do lose it and shall continue to lose it when he is attacked without reason. Rafa's biggest flaw was his stubborness but that was probably one of his greatest assets as well he was a very complex man.
      A huge majority want Roy out some people see this as a sign to have some fun as who in all honesty can defend his record. However it is becoming increasingly unlikely that Roy will be moved on so I am not sure where that will leave us. Perfectly happy to respect genuine posters supporting Roy but not the windup merchants I think they are fair game.
      shardi
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #356: Nov 03, 2010 12:48:46 pm
      I don't get all these stupid fool's who constantly feel the need to have a go at Rafa and tell the rest of us we should get over the fact that he has left.

We've had several great manager's and player's over the years who we still love to remember, so why should Rafa be any different? Given what he had to deal with behind the scenes I think he did a superb job for us. No one can take Istanbul away from him although the xenophobic english press and some of the Rafa hating cretin's on this site are quick to tell us it was nothing to do with Rafa coz it was down to Houllier or it was just plain lucky or Stevie G won it all on his own.

I don't remember Rafa blaming Houllier once in his 1st season for some of his poor results. Since he's left, he has had to put up with all the english press and w**ker Woy go on and on about him being at fault for all of Liverpool's problems. Then to add insult to injury w**ker Woy question's Rafa's integrity as a man by accusing him of dealing with King Kenny in a disrespectful manner. Who wouldn't defend themselves with such an outrageous accusation!! From what Woy said, the only person disrespecting King Kenny was him but his arrogance and rank stupidity make him totally oblivious to this fact.

Rafa is a real MAN. He has more integrity and bravery in 1 finger nail then that fool Woy has in his entire being. I will always support the club but I can never respect Woy Hodgson as a man. The great manager's in our club's history were above all else, GREAT MEN and that is why they were successful. Woy will add no greatness to our history because quite frankly there is nothing great about him, both as a manager and as a man.

As for Rafa, his chapter with Liverpool is now over but I will always be grateful for the good times I had at Anfield because of him and I hope the club can 1 day find a worthy replacement for him.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #357: Nov 03, 2010 12:55:25 pm

I don't remember Rafa blaming Houllier once in his 1st season for some of his poor results.

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt Rafa allow Gerrard into the changing rooms after the final in Istanbul.
      That shows the measure of the man.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #358: Nov 03, 2010 12:56:10 pm
      Correct me if I am wrong but didnt Rafa allow Gerrard into the changing rooms after the final in Istanbul.

To be fair he had scored a cracking header. ;)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #359: Nov 03, 2010 12:57:01 pm
      OOH I asked for that.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #360: Nov 03, 2010 12:57:21 pm
      Well maybe if Roy kept his mouth f**king shut rather then trying to blame everyone else you would hear nothing from Rafa.

But then it was the English media which were more concerned by it then Inters match against Spurs. Your obviously in the 12% Bmck that don't back what Rafa said.

JD you should throw up a poll here to see whose comments people on here back.

Maybe Rafa is a fan of Liverpool and sees what a f**king shambles Roy has made of it in a few months.

Yep, I'm probably in the minority. But being in the minority doesn't automatically make you wrong. Roy's had a ropey enough start but he's there till Chrimbo at least so I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt at least until then (assuming we don't suddenly drop like a stone into the relegation zone again would make me very worried). Just think it's too early to completely write him off and be calling him every (insulting) name under the sun. If trying to get behind the current LFC manager and team means I'm gonna be a punchbag for the pro-Rafa brigade, so be it.

Btw, I'm not concerned about the content of Rafa's comments. Or what Roy said. Or what the dog in the street said to the cat. We spent all last year fighting about this kind of thing. We should try to get behind the manager and the team. God be with the boot room days, as someone said before, were this kind of sh*te was kept behind closed doors and hammered out over tea and biccies :)
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #361: Nov 03, 2010 01:06:58 pm

I dont take kindly to see some of the spurious sh*te being posted with venom and vindictiveness especially direct against members who seem to know what they are talking about.
      IE. One of the most knowledleable posters Stuey.

Im the first one who could shout "Clique" everytime in my posts the word (shhhhhhh) "rafa"   comes out.
      I respect everyone elses views. I hope whether they agree or not at least they respect mine whether its the popular consensus or not.

Putting bile into your posts leads them to lose any credibility they may or may not have.

I agree, as Stuey's posts are always informative and a great read.

His knowledge and passion for this great club is inspiring. Keep up the great work mate as I always look out for your posts  ;D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #362: Nov 03, 2010 01:09:15 pm
      Insults apart BMCK do you think just getting behind him because he is the manager is enough. I admire your blind loyalty and until Roy came along the idea that any of us would go and ask for a manager to be sacked was completely unheard of.
      Do you honestly think given time Roy will turn things around and make us into a top 4 side again challenging for the league and CL.
      his managerial career isnt littered with success and his tenure so far here has been difficult on so many levels alot of which are of his own making.
      So as i am one of the vast majority who despise his presence at the club tell me i am wrong to have the doubts that I do have.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #363: Nov 03, 2010 01:17:28 pm
      Yep, I'm probably in the minority. But being in the minority doesn't automatically make you wrong. Roy's had a ropey enough start but he's there till Chrimbo at least so I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt at least until then (assuming we don't suddenly drop like a stone into the relegation zone again would make me very worried). Just think it's too early to completely write him off and be calling him every (insulting) name under the sun. If trying to get behind the current LFC manager and team means I'm gonna be a punchbag for the pro-Rafa brigade, so be it.

Btw, I'm not concerned about the content of Rafa's comments. Or what Roy said. Or what the dog in the street said to the cat. We spent all last year fighting about this kind of thing. We should try to get behind the manager and the team. God be with the boot room days, as someone said before, were this kind of sh*te was kept behind closed doors and hammered out over tea and biccies :)

It's got nothing to do with being pro-rafa, and everything to do with our manager being a F***ing cock, insulting the fans, the players and the club.

If that's the kind of "manager" you want to get behind, then so be it - I want him gone, he is an embaressment on and off the field and a disgrace to the great name of Liverpool FC.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #364: Nov 03, 2010 01:19:10 pm
      And there was me trying to be reasonable
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #365: Nov 03, 2010 01:25:53 pm
      And there was me trying to be reasonable

I was being reasonable ;)

Apparently some people think that others are so shallow they only want hodgson gone so rafa can come back, when nothing could be further from the truth.

hodgson isn't fit to lace the boots of ANY of our previous managers, with one notable exception - and that exception nearly destroyed us.

There's nothing wrong with loyalty, but blind loyalty is a dangerous thing - and that goes for rafa as well.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #366: Nov 03, 2010 01:29:39 pm
      Couldnt we start a new thread for them "Defending the Indefensible" it may only be a short one.
      shardi
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #367: Nov 03, 2010 01:32:02 pm
      Just had the misfortune of catching a bit of Sky Sport's news. They were pondering wether Woy would rise to the constant jibe's and dig's from Rafa?! Well f**k me Sky, you have once again out done yourself with an unbeleivable misrepresentation of reality. I expect the xenophobic moron's at Sky sport's to pull this sort of crap. It's just sad that some of our intellectually challenged fellow supporter's eat this sh*t fed to them.

They were speculating that Woy might have a wry smile about Inter's defeat last night. I wouldn't put it past Woy to use last night's defeat as a stick to beat Rafa with, after all this is the man who had a completely unnecessary dig at Rijkaard over leaving Galatasaray. I bet Rafa doesn't have a wry smile about our pathetic result's this season (losing to blackpool at anfield!!!!!). That is in essence the difference in class between the two men.

Quick Reply