Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Assasins Creed Brotherhood

Read 7106 times
      Chach
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 262 posts |
      Assasins Creed Brotherhood
      Nov 02, 2010 08:53:03 am
      Recently Electronic Theatre got yet more hands-on time with the forthcoming Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, this time as part of the beta testing phase currently taking place on PlayStation 3. The beta is based solely on the multiplayer component of Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, which plays surprisingly like a typical online deathmatch game mode.
      The beta version starts with a beginning video which showcases a number of different character models and some of the weaponry used. After the video you are asked to start a training mission to learn the environment and the general objective on the multiplayer mode. In the introductory session, otherwise known as the Abstergo training program, you get ‘shown the ropes’.
      First thing you have to do is select one of the eight character models available, these range from The Prowler to The Priest, with each character model using a different weapon to assassinate his enemy, but has no substantial difference beyond the visual element, for example The Executioner’s axe is no slower for an assassination than The Doctors syringe. This is also the same for the individual characters, no character appears to be quicker than another; it simply appears to be superficial to make the characters different.
      The eight character model’s available in the beta include The Nobleman, a sycophantic noble, deformed in both body and mind; The Priest, brother Ristoro vowed a life of piety and poverty, but practiced neither; The Prowler, his blade imitates the lethal methods of the Assassins; The Courtesan, Fiora Cavazza’s extraordinary talents earned her a place in Cesare Borgia’s social circle; The Doctor, ravaging the poor districts of rome, malfatto preys on those unfortunate enough to be caught unaware; The Executioner, A natural ally for the Borgia, Il Carnefice kills to the roar of an approving crowd; The Engineer, Gaspar de la Croix is a master weapons engineer as well as an expert marksman; and The Smuggler, supplying the Templars with the secret contraband, Lia de Russo lied and murdered her way into some of the best deals of the century.
      Once the introduction session has begun you are given a total of three targets to assassinate in this area before being able to join a multiplayer match. Also within the start menu it gives you a full list on the amount of point available for each type of kill; 200 points for silent kills, 150 points for focus kills, 100 points per kill just to name a few. Points earned, along with any match bonus given, contribute to the raising of your character level. By levelling up you can unlock abilities and items. The abilities range from Disguise to Smoke bombs, which are very helpful for evading and attacking the other players.
      The multiplayer function of the beta build consists of a six player match with the winner being the player with the most amount of points, not kills. This encourages the more stealth approach to the kill, than the easier run and gun/stab method that has been adopted by most multiplayer games until now. This doesn’t mean you don’t get the swift changes in tempo, quite the opposite, from slowly stalking their prey to suddenly scaling rooftops in a dramatic chase or dashing through the streets in an attempt to evade their pursuer.
      Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood will be available from 19th November 2010, on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with a PC version expected to follow early next year.

Website: http://electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/playstation3/playstation3-previews/6150-electronic-theatre-preview-assassins-creed-brotherhood-multiplayer

Is anybody going to buy or pre-order this? I've pre-ordered the special edition, can't wait to play multiplayer on this

Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Re: Assasins Creed Brotherhood
      Reply #1: Nov 03, 2010 12:20:50 am
      Yep, will definitely pick this one up when it's released. I loved the first two games, and this one just seems better than both, plus they've added multiplayer. Should be good, with the introduction of Rome.
      Chach
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 262 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 18, 2010 01:52:06 pm
      I've got this game in the post today just waiting for my ps3 to get repaired
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3: Nov 18, 2010 03:06:23 pm
      Had the first one and thought it was the nuts for a couple of hours and then it just got REALLY repetative.

Never played the second, did they do anything to address that issue?

I'll be interested to read your honest reviews of 'Brotherhood' when you've played it for a bit.
      Chach
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 262 posts |
      Reply #4: Nov 18, 2010 08:35:04 pm
      Had the first one and thought it was the nuts for a couple of hours and then it just got REALLY repetative.

Never played the second, did they do anything to address that issue?

I'll be interested to read your honest reviews of 'Brotherhood' when you've played it for a bit.

I have not played the first assasins creed however I also heard it was repetitive, but the second one was just awesome and they improved on the last one according to people who played both.

I would recommend you give it ago because I bought it recently again for £10 which included bonus game sequence and templar lairs and was still fun to play.

I should get my ps3 back tommorow and ill give you my honest review of brotherhood I just can't wait to play online
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5: Nov 18, 2010 09:46:20 pm
      I played both, believe me the second is such a massive improvement on it.

Can't wait to get the third, last installment of it I believe.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #6: Nov 18, 2010 10:21:11 pm
      Yep, will definitely pick this one up when it's released. I loved the first two games, and this one just seems better than both, plus they've added multiplayer. Should be good, with the introduction of Rome.
      I've changed my mind. I feel like it's not much different from AC2 and from the reviews i've read, it's more of an extension of AC2 than a completely different game.

Besides, i just bought F1 2010 two weeks ago, Black Ops last week and have pre-ordered GT5, released next week. I don't know how much time i will have to spend on this game.

I'd like to read what you guys have to say, may sway me a bit. I might pick it up later, when the game releases begin to slow down and i don't have any new games to pre-occupy myself with.
      Chach
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 262 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 24, 2010 10:22:59 am
      I've only completed sequence one of brotherhood, but Ive got to say it is good. Ubisoft have added improvements to the game such as virtual training, the player can leave and enter the animus at any time they wish to, theres a better combat mode as it is easier to kill. They have also allowed the person to travel through the city on horses which makes it easier on the gamer.

They have tinkered with the graphics of the game which i feel i need time to get used because it feels different compared to AC2.

However i feel i have to play the game a little more to give a more detailed and honest review because I'm mainly happy my PS3 is working again.

However I feel I should be able to complete the storyline within a week and have a go at the multiplayer mode which will allow me to tell you if you should or should not purchase the game.
      Chach
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 262 posts |
      Reply #8: Nov 26, 2010 05:29:16 pm
      Ok I have completed assasins creed brotherhood single player and I got to say it was good. However if you haven't played assasin creed 2 then you will find the storyline confusing.

Also they have added a lot of content to make it last longer which is great but can become repetitive.

Also they have added a lot improvements to the game such as new weapons, the ability to call your horse to come towards you and ability to recruit assasins to help you.

I still havent had a chance to play multiplayer so I'll give you my opinions on it later

So I would recommmend the game to you however Reprobate I think you may find the story confusing since you have not play ac 2
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2010 05:27:40 pm by Chach »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #9: Nov 30, 2010 02:46:02 pm
      Nice one, Chach. I've seen used copies of AC2 for very little so maybe I'll try that first then.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #10: Nov 30, 2010 10:37:30 pm
      Nice one, Chach. I've seen used copies of AC2 for very little so maybe I'll try that first then.

AC2 got me back into gaming, I'd not really gamed for 2 years before I picked up AC2.  Such fun, really didi enjoy poking some Italians eye's out.
      Chach
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 262 posts |
      Reply #11: Dec 11, 2010 03:38:15 pm
      I've been playing multiplayer for a while on Assasin's Creed Brotherhood and its really fun, however the loding time and and the time it takes to find matches is annoying
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #12: Dec 12, 2010 07:20:30 pm
      Might have to get onto this. I agree on the first one, was F***ing brilliant then it kinda just started feeling the same. Probably only played 8 hours of it and then just got too busy to bother with it.

Will deffo look into this one, probably the second one first though since it'll be cheaper.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #13: Dec 15, 2010 10:51:32 pm
      Got this Monday, and I F***ing love it!!

Played the previous two, and this one just blows them out of the water IMO. The amount of missions, the difference in the missions - no two missions are alike. Would like some of the stuff on it to be a little harder to work out, but other than that I can't fault it. Except the horses. There dead slow for some reason, but anyway like I said it's a top top game!!
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #14: Jan 03, 2011 08:07:38 pm
      Honestly one of the best games ive ever played on xbox. Loved every single second of it. I dont think it can be the last installment, the ending set itself up for a new one I thought. Unless I misunderstood of course?
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #15: Jan 05, 2011 11:22:06 pm
      Definitely want to get this, not sure if I will, but the omments on here are really persuading me
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #16: Jan 06, 2011 12:23:11 am
      Deffo get it, you wont regret
      Chach
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 262 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 07, 2011 09:47:08 pm
      I would recommend the game for the single player however the multiplayer sucks for one reason, matchmaking as it takes so long to find a match a load a match even if there are enough players.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #18: Feb 27, 2012 11:02:22 pm
      I know it's late but I just started this game.

It is supposedly an easy platinum but damn those online trophies. I doubt I can get the platinum now.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #19: Feb 28, 2012 09:57:10 am
      I know it's late but I just started this game.

It is supposedly an easy platinum but damn those online trophies. I doubt I can get the platinum now.

Platinum is easier to get if you buy the game as it comes out and do the online ones first
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #20: Jun 04, 2012 01:15:19 am
      This is ... retarded.

Only managed to get 4 of the easy trophies so far.

The other 6 .. requires more than two players and it's so frustrating because we spend hours trying to boost but we don't have enough players or some people cna't join others.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #21: Jun 23, 2012 03:43:11 pm
      Finally got the platinum for this sh*t!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #22: Jun 28, 2012 05:26:46 pm
      Haha congrats!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #23: Jul 26, 2012 09:46:51 pm
      Right, question for you all.

I bought Assassins Creed when it first came out. I thought it was brilliant for a while but then got very repetitive so I lost interest. Since then, I haven't played any of the games in the series or even watched them being played.

Now I'm not going to fork out for AC3 and I'm not bothered about trying to follow the story from AC.

That being the case, which is the best to buy, AC2, Brotherhood or Revelations?

I would usually just assume that the latest is the best to get but I have no idea how Brotherhood and Revelations play compared to AC1 and 2.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #24: Jul 28, 2012 10:52:29 am
      They all play pretty much the same, but there is really no point in playing any that came after AC2 because you wouldn't know what was going on.. I know you say your not interested in the story, but that's what makes the game.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #25: Jul 28, 2012 11:33:53 am
      They all play pretty much the same, but there is really no point in playing any that came after AC2 because you wouldn't know what was going on.. I know you say your not interested in the story, but that's what makes the game.

Thanks for the reply. So there's no real leap in quality between AC2 and those that followed then?
      If that's the case, I might as well buy AC2, which costs next to nothing now.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #26: Jul 28, 2012 11:35:38 am
      Yeh, its pretty much the same game quality between the three, of course with little upgrades, nothing major though.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #27: Jul 29, 2012 10:43:53 pm
      Yeh, its pretty much the same game quality between the three, of course with little upgrades, nothing major though.

Ordered AC2 : Game of the Year edition. Hope it's a considerable improvement from the first.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #28: Jul 30, 2012 04:16:43 pm
      Ordered AC2 : Game of the Year edition. Hope it's a considerable improvement from the first.
      It is, the repetitiveness is gone which is great, because that was a killer on the first, and the reason it took me over a month to finish, got completely bored with it.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #29: Jul 31, 2012 12:52:57 am
      Yeh the initial Assassins Creed game was very repetitive, but had killer graphics and a mad story. As the AC franchise has progressed the graphics and story lines have remained strong with a well improved and more diverse gameplay.

Hmm just realised I never bought this game, only borrowed it from a friend and finished it...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #30: Jul 31, 2012 01:02:27 am
      Well it's promising that everyone seems to agree with me about the repetitive nature of the first game. It gives me faith that the developers will have acted on the feedback as everyone seems to have said the same thing.
      I was watching trailers of AC for ages before it came out and couldn't wait to play it. Even as a casual gamer, I was bored of it within a couple of weeks so was pretty gutted to have spent around £40 on it.
      I've seen so many of you rave about the games that followed though so it's about time I risked a few quid to test them out. Quite looking forward to this arriving in the post now.

Anyhooo... I realise I'm taking the thread slightly off-topic so thanks for your replies  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #31: Jul 31, 2012 01:16:46 am
      I'm sure you won't feel let down Rep, they're a top notch set of games and the upcoming release of AC3 is my most anticipated game for quite a while (even if it does look to be pro-American/anti-English).

Quick Reply