Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Next Generation Consoles (2013?)

Read 1478 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Next Generation Consoles (2013?)
      Jul 31, 2012 02:01:50 am
      I did a half-arsed search and couldn't find any topics specifically for this but as we seem to have quite a few avid gamers on here, I thought it would be unteresting to have a thread based around rumours and counter rumours regarding the next generation of games consoles that could well hit the shops next year.

I don't want to limit this to just Sony and Microsoft so feel free to discuss any console manufacturers but I think it's fair to say that the most anticipated platforms for hardcore (non-pc) gamers will be the successors to the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

I'm a bit limited when at work because any sites relating to gaming are blocked so I'd be interested to see what you can find.

There's plenty of stuff on YouTube for a start, like these leaked rumours regarding the Playstation 4 or 'Orbis'.

PlayStation 4 Details Leaked? - IGN Daily Fix 03.28.12

So if this is true, neither platform will play second hand games! Wouldn't surprise me at all.

The Next Xbox (720?) will have a Blu-ray player (no shock there), 2x GPUs and have Kinect built in :

Xbox 720 & PlayStation 4 Details! - IGN Daily Fix 04.02.12
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Next Generation Consoles (2013?)
      Reply #1: Jul 31, 2012 10:40:30 am
      As far as Xbox is concerned. The next console xbox 720 or Xbox 8 is still a good two years away. Xbox Slim is still doing the business all over the world. So Microsoft is in no hurry to announce the new console.

Though the time span is over for 360 especially when it comes in online gaming. Way behind PC gaming.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,540 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2: Jul 31, 2012 04:11:25 pm
      I think we will definitely hear about them at next E3, well Microsoft especially. PS3 needs to make sure it comes out a bit closer to the next Xbox too because the later release, higher price and lack of launch games really messed up the PS3 for the first year or two.

Apparently the next Xbox will be sold with Kinect 2 also.

I don't think either will be day one purchases for me this time like usual, now having a gaming PC there is no real rush for one, my PC now will be more powerful than the next Xbox or PS, its just when the exclusives start coming, that's when I will have to think about picking them up now.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3: Aug 01, 2012 03:44:32 am
      As far as Xbox is concerned. The next console xbox 720 or Xbox 8 is still a good two years away. Xbox Slim is still doing the business all over the world. So Microsoft is in no hurry to announce the new console.

Though the time span is over for 360 especially when it comes in online gaming. Way behind PC gaming.

I understand what you are saying but surely they won't want to risk the PS4 being released too far ahead of the next Xbox? As ATK said, the delay in releasing the PS3 really hit Sony with many moving to Xbox 360, the only real 'next gen' console available at the time. If it wasn't for them backing blu-ray in the HD race, they would have suffered even more.
      Neither manufacturer will rush out a console only for a competitor to then release a far superior model but I can't see Microsoft sitting around while Sony mop up the market either.

Quick Reply