Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Assasins Creed Brotherhood

Read 7126 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Assasins Creed Brotherhood
      Reply #23: Jul 26, 2012 09:46:51 pm
      Right, question for you all.

I bought Assassins Creed when it first came out. I thought it was brilliant for a while but then got very repetitive so I lost interest. Since then, I haven't played any of the games in the series or even watched them being played.

Now I'm not going to fork out for AC3 and I'm not bothered about trying to follow the story from AC.

That being the case, which is the best to buy, AC2, Brotherhood or Revelations?

I would usually just assume that the latest is the best to get but I have no idea how Brotherhood and Revelations play compared to AC1 and 2.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,463 posts | 1465 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #24: Jul 28, 2012 10:52:29 am
      They all play pretty much the same, but there is really no point in playing any that came after AC2 because you wouldn't know what was going on.. I know you say your not interested in the story, but that's what makes the game.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #25: Jul 28, 2012 11:33:53 am
      They all play pretty much the same, but there is really no point in playing any that came after AC2 because you wouldn't know what was going on.. I know you say your not interested in the story, but that's what makes the game.

Thanks for the reply. So there's no real leap in quality between AC2 and those that followed then?
      If that's the case, I might as well buy AC2, which costs next to nothing now.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,463 posts | 1465 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #26: Jul 28, 2012 11:35:38 am
      Yeh, its pretty much the same game quality between the three, of course with little upgrades, nothing major though.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #27: Jul 29, 2012 10:43:53 pm
      Yeh, its pretty much the same game quality between the three, of course with little upgrades, nothing major though.

Ordered AC2 : Game of the Year edition. Hope it's a considerable improvement from the first.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,463 posts | 1465 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #28: Jul 30, 2012 04:16:43 pm
      Ordered AC2 : Game of the Year edition. Hope it's a considerable improvement from the first.
      It is, the repetitiveness is gone which is great, because that was a killer on the first, and the reason it took me over a month to finish, got completely bored with it.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #29: Jul 31, 2012 12:52:57 am
      Yeh the initial Assassins Creed game was very repetitive, but had killer graphics and a mad story. As the AC franchise has progressed the graphics and story lines have remained strong with a well improved and more diverse gameplay.

Hmm just realised I never bought this game, only borrowed it from a friend and finished it...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #30: Jul 31, 2012 01:02:27 am
      Well it's promising that everyone seems to agree with me about the repetitive nature of the first game. It gives me faith that the developers will have acted on the feedback as everyone seems to have said the same thing.
      I was watching trailers of AC for ages before it came out and couldn't wait to play it. Even as a casual gamer, I was bored of it within a couple of weeks so was pretty gutted to have spent around £40 on it.
      I've seen so many of you rave about the games that followed though so it's about time I risked a few quid to test them out. Quite looking forward to this arriving in the post now.

Anyhooo... I realise I'm taking the thread slightly off-topic so thanks for your replies  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #31: Jul 31, 2012 01:16:46 am
      I'm sure you won't feel let down Rep, they're a top notch set of games and the upcoming release of AC3 is my most anticipated game for quite a while (even if it does look to be pro-American/anti-English).

Quick Reply