Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mascha won't be clocking up the air-miles

Read 1573 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Mascha won't be clocking up the air-miles
      Jul 19, 2007 12:17:00 am
      Javier won't be travelling with the reds on their Far East tour, and will train with the reserves in 'less than ideal' pre-season training if you want my opinion (which you probably don't)

Javier Mascherano will not travel to Hong Kong with the first team squad.

The Liverpool midfielder has been given extra time off because of his participation in the Copa America and won't travel to Hong Kong with the first team for two friendlies over there. Instead Mascherano will stay at Melwood and train with the reserves. This is simply to keep him from overdoing the travelling.

"Mascherano will have ten days off, but when he returns he will stay at Melwood with the reserves," said Rafa Benitez.

"There would be too much travelling for him to come with us to Hong Kong. We don't want to kill the player before the start of the season (Has Rafa let slip his plans for punishments later on the season?).

"It was a pity for Mascherano Argentina didn't win in the Copa America."
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Mascha won't be clocking up the air-miles
      Reply #1: Jul 19, 2007 10:18:43 am
      Seems fair enough to me. He won't need as much of a pre-season as the rest of the squad as he's been keeping in shape for Argentina, fingers crossed that the fact he only played half of last season means he won't be knackered like our players after the world cup last year.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: Jul 19, 2007 01:22:59 pm
      Hopefully Eddie! A lot of early season action for him it would seem!

I'm happy he's not travelling over to Hong Kong! It's a bit of a pointless trip anyway and although it's good for mixing with new players and gaining a bit of match experience with them, there's no real challenges in friendly trips such as this!

If he was a brand new signing who required a bit of match time with his new team-mates, then I'd want them to go but Masch is okay! ;)

Plus! With the likely new squad rotation with our influx of midfielders, the reserve squad are also new team mates so he'll need to get aquainted with them!  ;D
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 21, 2007 07:41:06 pm
      Thats why weve signed Leiva!

Quick Reply