Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Police Raid Three Clubs

Read 2220 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Police Raid Three Clubs
      Jul 16, 2007 03:13:14 pm
      Police have raided three clubs today and one of them is Newcastle! I wonder who the other two are? I think a lot of us know Freddy Shepard is a bit sussy like and you can only imagine big Sam will be happy to hear the news  :D
      Apparently it's not related to Lord Stevens report.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6901085.stm

Police raid three football clubs 

Police have raided three football clubs as part of an investigation into alleged corruption in football.
      Newcastle United is believed to be one of the clubs raided but the other clubs involved have yet to be named.

The operation is not connected to Lord Stevens' ongoing Quest inquiry into the Premiership and was "totally independent", police said.

Search warrants were executed on the club premises and two homes between 0730 and 0900 BST.

A police spokesman said: "We can confirm that search warrants were served at three football clubs and the homes of two individuals in connection with corruption in football and its impact on owners and shareholders."

A Northumbria Police spokesman said they were aware that "an operation" had been carried out by their London colleagues at St James' Park, the home of Newcastle United.

Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Police Raid Three Clubs
      Reply #1: Jul 17, 2007 12:09:06 am
      Oh dear... I wonder whats gone on there.  Raided by the Police!

I understand that the clubs are not allowed to say anything until the investigation has finished!  Thank god I support a Club that is not corrupt! :D

Quick Reply