Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)

Read 3184 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)
      Nov 03, 2010 10:52:37 am
      I thought he actually deserves a thread of his own considering many have been raving about him in various threads.

My, oh my, at just 21 years old, what a player. That pace and can also put a good ball in. Tottenham's got a star in their team, IMO. He's like the Ryan Giggs of this decade.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)
      Reply #1: Nov 03, 2010 10:54:07 am
      Awesome again last night destroying a player said to be the best right back in the game

Goes to show what can happen when ye have faith in the ability of young lads
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2: Nov 03, 2010 12:41:49 pm
      It is funny because a couple of years ago there were many pundits and supporters writing him off with that joke about him not being in a winning Spurs side for 25 Premiership games. It shows if giving the faith and time (like Brian78 said) for a chance to develop then big things can come from player and he is showing his worth now with some great showing for Spurs.

Spurs will have a very hard time trying to keep Bale, there is always a big need for left footed wingers in Europe and I am sure there is half a dozen clubs that will be sniffing around.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #3: Nov 03, 2010 12:50:12 pm
      Not a bad player. Couple of good games against Inter no question.

Shame he couldn't help them get past Everton, West Brom, Arsenal, West Ham, Wigan or Man City.

;)
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #4: Nov 03, 2010 12:53:45 pm
      Not a bad player. Couple of good games against Inter no question.

Shame he couldn't help them get past Everton, West Brom, Arsenal, West Ham, Wigan or Man City.

;)

You could say the same of Gerrard/Torres re: Arsenal, City, Birmingham, Utd, Sunderland, Blackpool or Everton... :(
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #5: Nov 03, 2010 01:19:13 pm
      I'm not trying to be a cnut but I'd wait a while before getting too excited.. A couple of world class performances in the biggest cup comp yes but too soon to be regarded a world class player.. People are too current in their assesment these days.. 1 good game = world class, 1 sh*te game later not world class.. As a previous poster pointed out, theres been a good few games when he didnt contribute nothing..
      Over all i do think he's a class act and potentially a world beater in his current form, but will that form be over season after season??.. Who knows..
      Totty fans are going to be over the moon and rightly so but to hear their fans claim he's better than Messi is a joke.. ;D

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #6: Nov 03, 2010 02:12:28 pm
      Harry used bale to his best ability by using the left flank to target inter.

All goals conceded by inter were from the left,maicon darting runs had exposed inter to bales speed.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #7: Nov 03, 2010 06:28:47 pm
      So far, he's been performing well at a weekly basis for the last few games. If he keeps going at this rate for the next couple of season, he's definitely can be one of the best players of his age.

TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #8: Nov 03, 2010 06:52:30 pm
      Can't believe he is only 21...
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #9: Nov 03, 2010 06:55:01 pm
      Harry used bale to his best ability by using the left flank to target inter.

All goals conceded by inter were from the left,maicon darting runs had exposed inter to bales speed.
      This.

If he did something like that to an Arbeloa type right back then I'd be a lot more impressed.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #10: Nov 03, 2010 06:58:12 pm

Have not seen the game, but if that is true, then what is Rafa doing letting him attack?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Nov 03, 2010 07:04:49 pm
      Shame he wont be a Spurs player for much longer, well its a shame for Spurs fans. Can see him jumping at a move to Madrid or Barca in the summer the same way he jumped at a move from Saints to Spurs.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #12: Nov 03, 2010 07:06:03 pm
      Have not seen the game, but if that is true, then what is Rafa doing letting him attack?

Because Maicon is one of the best in the World at doing that sort of thing and in the first half of the 1st game against Spurs he ripped them apart.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #13: Nov 03, 2010 07:19:11 pm
      Shame he wont be a Spurs player for much longer, well its a shame for Spurs fans. Can see him jumping at a move to Madrid or Barca in the summer the same way he jumped at a move from Saints to Spurs.

Bale has come out today and said he is happy there, he signed a 4 year contract - if they progress to the quarters of the CL, qualify again next year and pick up another few good plays, I reckon he'll stay.  Spurs won't want to let him go
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14: Nov 03, 2010 08:12:18 pm
      Bale has come out today and said he is happy there, he signed a 4 year contract - if they progress to the quarters of the CL, qualify again next year and pick up another few good plays, I reckon he'll stay.  Spurs won't want to let him go

Means nothing, he said he wanted to stay at Saints too but didn't.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #15: Nov 04, 2010 02:18:25 pm
      I remember when he signed from Southampton was playing at LB he was so poor.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #16: Nov 04, 2010 03:11:46 pm
      Do spurs really have an exciting talent on their hands?  Or did Milan just get too much of an ego trip and not mark him that well?
      The question remains, this guy now, in Europe, domestic and international matches will be man marked for the rest of his career.  Like Owen after WC98, and Torres after our 2nd place season.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #17: Nov 04, 2010 05:42:18 pm
      Do spurs really have an exciting talent on their hands?  Or did Milan just get too much of an ego trip and not mark him that well?
      The question remains, this guy now, in Europe, domestic and international matches will be man marked for the rest of his career.  Like Owen after WC98, and Torres after our 2nd place season.

I guess it is too early to call him a star. So far, he has kinda been putting the same consistent performance for the last few weeks. If he carries it on over the next few months and seasons, that's a star.

Still, I can't get enough of his pace ...

Gareth Bale Vs Inter

Now I know why he's been explosive. He isn't human. He's an elf experiencing maturity.  :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Nov 04, 2010 05:48:30 pm by Adryan »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #18: Nov 04, 2010 06:15:20 pm
      Am I the only one thinking the media are going a bit over board with the prasie for Bale?

Don't get me wrong I think he is an excellent player with a great future ahead of him but I heard someone today say he was as good as Messi. Now he may become one of the great players but for me he has a bit more to prove than a couple of good games in the Champions League.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #19: Nov 04, 2010 06:25:27 pm
      Am I the only one thinking the media are going a bit over board with the prasie for Bale?

Don't get me wrong I think he is an excellent player with a great future ahead of him but I heard someone today say he was as good as Messi. Now he may become one of the great players but for me he has a bit more to prove than a couple of good games in the Champions League.

Surely the British media wouldn't be guilty of such a crime.  It's almost as if they take pleasure in hyping up British players to the point that if they fail, they get the joy of knocking them back down again.  Agree 100% mate ;D
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #20: Nov 07, 2010 10:26:15 pm
      He has been brilliant recently, but as good as Messi? c,mon. He has a long long way to go to even be considered in that class.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #21: Nov 07, 2010 10:33:54 pm
      No way he's as good as Messi. Messi is in a different class from almost every player out there.

I haven't been keeping track with his matches in the league but I'm assuming he hasn't been doing much?
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #22: Nov 11, 2010 04:12:24 pm
      To compare this guy with Messi, is purely laughable.

Messi has proved he is the greatest player in the world with consistant playing year after year.

Bale has had a decent 180 minutes.

Quick Reply