Trending Topics

Damien Comolli confirmed as Director of Football.

Read 42568 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Damien Comolli confirmed as Director of Football.
      Reply #483: Mar 02, 2012 05:00:19 pm
      I havent name me a club that has said dont expect many players coming in in the Summer and a much expenditure used. Dunno why Comoli is talking to the press about this. All is does is dampen down fans expectations
      It most certainly isn"t dampening my spirits ,it"s actually copperfastening my belief that the club are sick to death of the media and are playing the misinformation game. Comolli is a very intelligent man and knows how to play these reporters.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #484: Mar 02, 2012 05:11:50 pm
      Or maybe he is talking the truth, because it seems directed at the fans, either way he shouldnt be talking to the media about this at the start of March. Dont see any other club talking about it.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #485: Mar 02, 2012 05:16:56 pm
      Or maybe he is talking the truth, because it seems directed at the fans, either way he shouldnt be talking to the media about this at the start of March. Dont see any other club talking about it.

He said in an internal interview when possibly still a bit euphoric that we had money to spend... This seems to me just to counter that because we don't want to show our hand.

It can be looked at lots of different ways... We will know either way by september and I don't see any point in getting to high or low either way as you say in March.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #486: Mar 02, 2012 05:39:58 pm
      So you think Comoli is lying here because that was said as well when Kenny said we would be buying no one in January we didnt want to show our hand.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #487: Mar 02, 2012 05:47:21 pm
      Why would you think that he "s directing it at us Corbally? We"ve been well used to disappointment and we know that there"s a long road ahead . we"ve won our first piece of silverware this season and hopefully Fa cup  ,guaranteed Europa place , the only expectations is that if we make a big signing that it"s not a waste of money and the onus is on him to make sure he gets value for money and shift more deadwood.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #488: Mar 02, 2012 05:47:22 pm
      Why are we even worrying about this now fellas?

The 2012 summer transfer window for English football transfers will open on 1 July and close at 23:00 on 31 August 2012.

Lot of things may happen during the rest of this season that might change something 5 months on.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #489: Mar 02, 2012 05:51:24 pm
      Why are we even worrying about this now fellas?

The 2012 summer transfer window for English football transfers will open on 1 July and close at 23:00 on 31 August 2012.

Lot of things may happen during the rest of this season that might change something 5 months on.
      We"re simply responding to Comolli"s statement AZ, some seem to think that he"s directing it at us supporters.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #490: Mar 02, 2012 05:55:49 pm
      Because Comoli made a statement today, which to be honest I think is strange considering it is the start of March. Maybe he gotted worried when he saw the press linking us with the likes of Martinez and Hazard after his statement on Sunday and wanted to dampen down the expectations.

Who else would be expecting a big Summer but the fans.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #491: Mar 02, 2012 06:19:46 pm
      Because Comoli made a statement today, which to be honest I think is strange considering it is the start of March. Maybe he gotted worried when he saw the press linking us with the likes of Martinez and Hazard after his statement on Sunday and wanted to dampen down the expectations.

Ther"s a big difference between hopes and expectations Corbally, I"d say most on here hope we get CL , but if not we"re happy with Europa, i haven"t heard one supporter saying that we expect CL or expect a big summer spree.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #492: Mar 02, 2012 06:20:12 pm
      Corb you know the game i know that... Your just being argumentative..

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #493: Mar 02, 2012 07:02:16 pm
      Saying today there wont be the same level of activity or money spent in the transfer market this summer.

I really don't know why you get so wound up with comments like this.

For one he is hardly going to come out and say we have millions to spend and reveal all the players we would like to sign

Also I don't think we do need the same level of activity as last summer as I think two or possibly three signings to add to what we bought last year and we will have a very good squad for the coming season.
      « Last Edit: Mar 02, 2012 07:48:01 pm by srslfc »
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #494: Mar 02, 2012 07:07:05 pm
      I never really expected mass investment myself and I strongly suspect the amount of investment this summer will largely depend on getting back into the Chamions League. I'd like to see us spend a couple of decent fees a couple of new players though + I think the club may also be expecting the likes of Robinson, Flanno, Sterling and Suso in the first team squad for the entire season.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #495: Mar 02, 2012 07:15:50 pm

Probably worried with the sh*te he has so far recomended
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #496: Mar 02, 2012 07:42:57 pm
      If you complain about Comolli's statements let me ask you this: would you prefer him to lay out our entire transfer policy for this summer and name our targets? Because that's a great strategy...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #497: Mar 02, 2012 07:59:49 pm
      We wasted a lot of time and listened to a lot of media bullsh*t for the Winter Thread ..... so Ill go with DLS.
      I'll see it when I see it ........with Damien , Kenny and a new player holding a scarf over their head.

Let Comolli earn his monthly getting to that point with Kenny.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #498: Mar 02, 2012 10:13:36 pm
      All is does is dampen down fans expectations

No harm in that
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #499: Mar 02, 2012 11:40:06 pm
      Oh dear, here we go again...The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #500: Mar 04, 2012 08:15:18 am
      We need another 50m+ investment this summer at least, so he better get JWH to get his cheque book out and stop worrying about calming our expectations.

red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #501: Mar 10, 2012 09:32:54 pm
      Sabermetrics.  Discuss.

The obvious confounding factor being, will the purchased player do the same at their new club?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #502: Mar 12, 2012 12:54:20 pm
      Rory Smith โ€ @RorySmithTimes
      RetweetedRetweet
      Delete
      FavoritedFavorite
      ยท Close Open Details Main question, for me, at #lfc centres on what, precisely, Damien Comolli does. Where are the bargains and the hidden gems?

Retweeted by Tony Evans

My thoughts exactly.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #503: Mar 19, 2012 09:19:26 am
      Rory Smith โ€ @RorySmithTimes
      Main question, for me, at #lfc centres on what, precisely, Damien Comolli does. Where are the bargains and the hidden gems?

You can take from this tweet(?) that Rory Smith believes Comolli's role is to unearth bargains and hidden gems. Is that the case? I don't know. If it is and if we believe Comolli has the final say on all transfers (personally I don't) then, I suppose, it's fair enough to question his 'results' thus far.

Then again, if he is to be held 'responsible' for all transfers (as Rory would have us believe), I suppose Comolli could point to Suarez, Enrique, Bellamy & Coates as being 'bargains' and or 'hidden gems'.

Comolli, or at least his role, does seem to be an enigma; the type of man you can't just warm to but you don't know why.

However, the fact remains, he deserves a fair hearing. For Rory Smith to conveniently overlook Comolli's successes, (in the role which Rory Smith has given him), smacks of hypocrisy and is a cheap shot which panders to the base instinct... i.e.  we all need someone to blame.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #504: Mar 19, 2012 10:13:14 am
      It's a populist dig that gets traffic on his time line.
      Easy target. If nobody knows what DC does then those taking cheap shots can hide behind the very thing they use to have a cheap shot.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #505: Mar 19, 2012 10:27:51 am
      If Damien Camolli wasn't doing the job he was employed by NESV or doing it to the standard they expect then he wouldn't be here.

Don't see the point in slagging someone off when we know nothing of any substance about what he is doing on a day to day basis.

It's one of those roles where it's easy to sling mud.. I'd suggest Rory Smith concentrates on something that he knows something about.. He may as well slag the tea lady off because he doesn't know if she makes the tea exactly how Kenny likes it.

Quick Reply