Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

NESV Player Investment in Liverpool FC

Read 13157 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: NESV Player Investment in Liverpool FC
      Reply #23: Feb 03, 2011 06:02:59 pm
      What I meant was does the club make a profit of £50million a year to spend on players?

Like is it revenue, or is it revenue minus expenditure that you are allowed to spend?

It is net revenue Luis, so let's say LFC made a gross of 75M - 40M of expenses = 35M net to spend back into the club, on top of that the owners could invest an additional 15M this year for a total re-investment of 45M.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #24: Feb 04, 2011 02:12:10 pm
      Financial Overview Liverpool

Year        Turnover           Pre-tax profit      Wages / Turnover ratio (%) Employees
      2007/08   159.052              10.199                     56.4                             369

2006/07   133.910             -21.665                     57.9                             335

2005/06   119.499              -5.161                      57.6                             313

2004/05   121.054              9.463                       52.4                             290

Compare that with Chelsea :-

Financial Overview
      Year           Turnover        Pre-tax profit        Wages / Turnover ratio (%)      Employees
      2007/08     190.082          -70.397                       84.5                                   195

2006/07     165.341          -66.779                      74.3                                    183

2005/06     130.410          -78.297                       79.5                                   160

2004/05     122.657        -132.854                       78.6                                   133

http://www.footballeconomy.com/statistics2.htm
      all prem clubs

« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2011 02:19:45 pm by s@int »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #25: Feb 04, 2011 02:18:56 pm
      Nice stats there Saint, cheers.

Interesting to note that our figures were steadily getting better year by year, whilst Chelsea's were clearly stagnating around the £70-80 million in the red.

What's also encouraging is that this is pre-NESV, who are only going to improve our figures.

And it's before our new sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered, and I know we've improved massively in various other sponsorships and so on.

The figures for 2008-09, 2009-10 and the current season will be better. Imagine if we have a new or improved stadium (who's debt I don't believe would count in the new FIFA spending criteria).

The future is very, very bright, there is no reason we shouldn't see significant (heavy) investment in players this summer, net.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #26: Feb 04, 2011 02:38:05 pm
      Arsenal looking very impressive aswell in their overview. I know they haven't won sh*t, but I do believe that under the new spending rules they will fair alot better. I can't see how the chavs and Man City will not get into trouble with their wages.

We can only improve loads with our new owners. Looking good.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #27: Feb 04, 2011 04:49:54 pm
      Arsenal looking very impressive aswell in their overview. I know they haven't won sh*t, but I do believe that under the new spending rules they will fair alot better. I can't see how the chavs and Man City will not get into trouble with their wages.

We can only improve loads with our new owners. Looking good.

Most certainly, I've said it before but Arsenal are now in the best position out of all English clubs to profit from these new rules. Their business model is one that I hope NESV will choose to adopt. It's mostly down to Wenger really, his transfer policy has set them up very nicely. Their players are mostly all young, with very high re-saleability, as well as being home grown in a lot of cases (even with some foreigners who he bought and turned into first team players like Fabregas).
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #28: Feb 04, 2011 05:04:01 pm
      Nice stats there Saint, cheers.

Interesting to note that our figures were steadily getting better year by year, whilst Chelsea's were clearly stagnating around the £70-80 million in the red.

What's also encouraging is that this is pre-NESV, who are only going to improve our figures.

And it's before our new sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered, and I know we've improved massively in various other sponsorships and so on.

The figures for 2008-09, 2009-10 and the current season will be better. Imagine if we have a new or improved stadium (who's debt I don't believe would count in the new FIFA spending criteria).

The future is very, very bright, there is no reason we shouldn't see significant (heavy) investment in players this summer, net.

It does look very promising, but there are a few ups and downs we will see this year. 

1.  We will not be paying ridiculous refinancing charges on the two clowns debts.  This should boost our available budget significantly!!! :)

2.  We did not take part in the Champs Lge this season, which is rated at roughly 20 million in revenues.  Big loss for us this year :(

3.  We need to begin allocating money towards a fund for stadium redevelopment.  It appears (based on recent comments by John Henry) that the club are looking to stay at Anfield and redevelop the stadium as opposed to building at a new site.  This should dent our available funds for transfers, but will be a great long-term investment. 

I think we can realistically hope for around 20-30 million to be invested on top of player sales this summer to build the squad that Kenny needs to push for the title next season.  This will be a huge jump from the negative balances we have been running for the last 3 years under H&G!  The poisonous fuckers (H&G) are gone, their legacy Woy is gone, and The King has returned!!  LONG LIVE THE KING!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #29: Feb 04, 2011 05:10:55 pm
      I'm just dumbfounded how Roman thinks he can abide by the rules unless he knows something the rest of us don't, has he some loop hole in mind
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Feb 04, 2011 05:39:37 pm
      Scudamore saying it is only a matter of time before there is a £100 million player, am I missing something are these rules coming in or not. This is a statement from the headof the Premiership that should be fully aware of the new rules coming in
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31: Feb 04, 2011 05:47:02 pm
      Scudamore saying it is only a matter of time before there is a £100 million player, am I missing something are these rules coming in or not. This is a statement from the headof the Premiership that should be fully aware of the new rules coming in

Let's for argument's sake say the new rules exist and we made £40m profit, sold Torres for £50m, Babel for £6m and Kuyt for £4m - without dipping into the 'overdraft' we could buy Messi for £100m. ....illustration purposes only.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #32: Feb 04, 2011 05:49:03 pm
      And what about the wages, if the rules are to be probably complied with transfer fees will drop not go up. John Henry is already himself in an interview today questioning whether Chelsea are going to comply with them
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #33: Feb 04, 2011 05:52:40 pm
      And what about the wages, if the rules are to be probably complied with transfer fees will drop not go up. John Henry is already himself in an interview today questioning whether Chelsea are going to comply with them

I can't see the transfer fees going through the roof myself but it's all about what a team can afford and what a player is worth to that team.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #34: Feb 04, 2011 08:17:28 pm

The problem I have with the financial rules that are going to come in is all it will take is for 'some one' to argue it on a human rights issue as regards wages or, as is more likely, a European freedom to move issue. The sugar daddy's that are involved in the PL are not going to like FIFA messing with their playthings and tying an issue up in court for years is a distinct possibility.

Personally, as regards fan base, we come second to utd and for that reason we're in a very, very strong position but if city or chelsea decide to hang this in the courts for years the playing field will quite literally become a battlefield, FIFA are going to need balls of brass to win this one and given the fact that they're all F***ing bent as F**k this is going to get dirty.

Abramovich's involvement in the WC doesn't help.

Call me sceptical but the financial rules do not benefit FIFAs illustrious members.

*Disclaimer

These are just my thoughts and I by no means to insinuate that Mr Abramovich bribes FIFA officials with cock suckers and Columbian marching powder to curry favour. Nor is it meant to insinuate that any member of FIFA is willing to accept financial bribes.

But they do.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #35: Feb 08, 2011 08:49:55 am
      I'm fairly sure LFC made around £40M profit last year on revenue.  Obviously along came the banks to wipe it all out with interest, but now that we are debt free, let's assume that approx £30-£40M profit is available.

Add on the potential player sales (I'm thinking the likes of Aquilani, Insua, Degen, Konchesky - and most probably Johnson) let's call it £30M for some squad sales.

That leaves us £70M.

Under the new FIFA rules, the club cannot spend more than 30% over it's 'profit' from revenue and sales.  So that would equal around £97M in theory we could spend up to (not that we will).

It is Chelsea and Man City who are the clubs in the sh*t from this summer.  With United heavily in debt, and Spurs with money but less 'pull' it really could be Liverpool's summer to rebuild with a fair few £15M-£20M players.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #36: Feb 08, 2011 09:07:59 am
      I'm fairly sure LFC made around £40M profit last year on revenue.  Obviously along came the banks to wipe it all out with interest, but now that we are debt free, let's assume that approx £30-£40M profit is available.

Add on the potential player sales (I'm thinking the likes of Aquilani, Insua, Degen, Konchesky - and most probably Johnson) let's call it £30M for some squad sales.

That leaves us £70M.

Under the new FIFA rules, the club cannot spend more than 30% over it's 'profit' from revenue and sales.  So that would equal around £97M in theory we could spend up to (not that we will).

It is Chelsea and Man City who are the clubs in the sh*t from this summer.  With United heavily in debt, and Spurs with money but less 'pull' it really could be Liverpool's summer to rebuild with a fair few £15M-£20M players.

We've got that Adidas deal coming in during the summer too I think. Only link I can find attributes it to the rag but the deal will be coming. ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Feb 08, 2011 09:52:17 am
      One question thought. Can Chelsea generate more share continuously for Roman to invest or is there a limit on shares
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #38: Feb 08, 2011 10:36:55 am
      One question thought. Can Chelsea generate more share continuously for Roman to invest or is there a limit on shares

In any company you have an authorised amount of shares and an issue amount. If you authorise more you dilute every current shareholders stake. I'm not too sure whether he can issue as many as he want.

He could issue bonds and what not but this would add to their debt. All in all, Chelsea are fu**ed, I expect them to linger at the bottom of the top half of the table until their wage bill is reduced.
      rena42war
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      • All is well
      Reply #39: Apr 03, 2011 10:24:49 am
      one thing is most important that aware players from steroids effect.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #40: Apr 03, 2011 10:36:11 am
      Steriods effect?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #41: Apr 03, 2011 04:49:48 pm

You mean like a lot of american baseball and gridiron players.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #42: Apr 04, 2011 11:56:54 am

Eh - what you going on about - I dont get what your saying...??
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Jun 08, 2011 08:56:20 am
      In £20m Jordan Henderson.

Out £7m David N'Gog.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #44: Jun 08, 2011 10:51:52 am
      Good start to the transfer window.
      GRAHAM01
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 08, 2011 12:15:17 pm
      can't fault them so far they are putting there money where there mouth is and they are a ok with me

Quick Reply