Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)

Read 25892 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)
      Nov 04, 2010 10:08:25 am
      Liverpool FC are preparing a bid for the impressive Japanese international Keisuke Honda.

The club will however have to wait until the transfer window reopens in January 2011. Roy Hodgson the Liverpool manager will have funds available after the transfer of Albert Reira and Yossi Benayoun.

Keisuke Honda has expressed an interest in moving to the English Premier League and Liverpool are regarded as one of the top clubs in the league despite their lack of success in recent years. Keisuke Honda was a Liverpool target while the club while Rafa Benitez was the manager and has remained on the clubs radar .

The Japanese international had a successful World Cup in South Africa and has impressed many with his close control and free kick abilities. Many of Europe’s top clubs are interested in signing the player and Liverpool could end up in a bidding battle to win the players signature.

Honda will bring much needed creativity to the Liverpool midfield and manager Roy Hodgson is prepared to spend the 12 million pounds needed to bring the Japanese player to Anfield

Short URL: http://whatsbreakingnews.com/?p=354

Posted by Robert Lee on Sep 1 2010. Filed under Featured, Sports. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Don't know how reliable the source is, but Honda is a creative talent who would link us to a large merchandising market. As such he would tick a lot of boxes for NESV.
      « Last Edit: Dec 24, 2010 10:59:42 am by Bpatel »
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Keisuke Honda
      Reply #1: Nov 04, 2010 10:13:28 am
      24 years old. 
      One of the few players who made this years farce of a world cup watchable.

Ticks boxes for me too
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #2: Nov 04, 2010 10:41:32 am
      I can almost hear the Kop singing Polly put the kettle on... ;D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3: Nov 04, 2010 11:30:49 am
      Awesome player with a wicked left foot. However, find him trying to play alone sometimes.

Would be cool because he has part of  my name!
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #4: Nov 04, 2010 11:50:29 am
      He's a number 10 though. Would mean the end of Joe Cole for us in that position.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 04, 2010 11:54:54 am
      Could always play Cole on the right have a midfield sort of like this:

- - Lucas - Meireles - -
      Cole - Gerrard - Honda

Or if you want you could swap Honda and Cole around so that the players can come in field and get shots off with their stronger foot.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #6: Nov 04, 2010 12:28:48 pm
      Honda isn't a left midfielder, he should be played in the hole, he's quite slow and would give no depth or width on the wing. And Cole hasn't really impressed on the wings either.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Nov 04, 2010 12:30:21 pm
      Honda isn't a left midfielder, he should be played in the hole, he's quite slow and would give no depth or width on the wing. And Cole hasn't really impressed on the wings either.

Awh damn it Dex... I was really hoping for the Dutchypedia thumbs up on this one.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #8: Nov 04, 2010 12:32:05 pm
      I give my thumbs up but only if we get him to play in the hole. Honda is a creative player who should be given a free role there in the middle, kind of like VDV for Tottenham at the moment. That said, there's probably positions that need to be filled more than that one.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Nov 04, 2010 12:38:57 pm
      I give my thumbs up but only if we get him to play in the hole. Honda is a creative player who should be given a free role there in the middle, kind of like VDV for Tottenham at the moment. That said, there's probably positions that need to be filled more than that one.

Considering we need a striker and some wide players, then no we don't need him.

So we must be gettin him then. ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #10: Nov 04, 2010 12:42:54 pm
      The issue ot the wide men is still to be considered as you say there are priorities and we do have options in the middle,if money wasn't so tight he'd be bonus but the team is lightweight in other positions.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #11: Nov 04, 2010 01:01:52 pm
      Keisuke could play in midfield also though, with Gerrard behind Torres and Meireles alongside. Would make a weak midfield though.

I say no because we don't need him and even if we got him, i doubt he'd live up to the hype in the WC. He doesn't look to have the game to suit.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #12: Nov 04, 2010 01:58:38 pm
      Would be bought to sell jerseys in Japan, Ayres said in an interview before NESV came in they would love to sign an Asian star. I think Honda is what they are looking at. I personally think he would struggle in the Premiership
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Nov 04, 2010 05:29:45 pm
      I think he's a player who could pay back his transfer fee pretty soon, in terms of merchandising, so I don't see why not. He's clearly talented too, and given the fact he'll probably provide income even if he doesn't become the greatest of players for us (pretty much like Park for Man Utd), it's a gamble I would take. He's creative and versatile, something that can only do good for our squad.

He was brilliant in the World Cup and I've watched him play a few times for VVV Venlo after we were linked to him for the 1st time and he was always very good. Never saw him in a CSKA shirt though.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #14: Nov 04, 2010 05:38:38 pm
      If we're going to sign him for advertisement purposes, I'd rather not sign him.

What we need are proper wingers with pace and offers alot of width. Gerrard, Meireles, Lucas, Cole, Pacheco - the midfield trinity is settled with players.

Obviously I would love a Xabi-like player in the team but that would either mean Meireles gets stick out right or Gerrard goes into the hole which subsequently puts Cole on the left and I don't fancy that because I feel Cole works best in the hole and Gerrard, with a good partner, does well in the centre.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15: Nov 04, 2010 08:41:35 pm
      I'm not saying I'd sign him only for advertisement purposes, but that it would make me take the gamble - at least, I believe, if the gamble does not payoff inside the pitch, it would outside the four lines.

I think Honda can also play as a 2nd striker - in fact, there were moments in the World Cup in which he even played as Japan's only striker, if I remember correctly - and would provide much needed creativity and flair to our side; the kind of quality that win you tight games.

As for that meaning the end of Joe Cole in the hole, I must say I don't think Cole has been impressive at all, if not on the left, certainly not enough in the middle for me to consider him now an attacking midfielder rather than a winger.

After all, considering we lack quality on the wings, I don't see the point of using a player who has been a quality winger his whole career... in the middle. I think he's finding it hard to adapt in a side struggling like our LFC have been, but could certainly do us a job on the left.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Nov 09, 2010 05:33:34 pm
      Loved the guy in the world cup, he does have real quality, but I think in the prem he would be found out to be style over substance.

TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #17: Nov 09, 2010 05:47:01 pm
      I'm not saying I'd sign him only for advertisement purposes, but that it would make me take the gamble - at least, I believe, if the gamble does not payoff inside the pitch, it would outside the four lines.

Agree with this.  You don't want a sign a player just for commercial purposes, but if a player is good enough for a squad place, it is worth paying that little bit more for him if it will enhance the club's commercial operations in the far-east.

If he is on a par another player footballing wise, both are worth £10m, but Honda will sell a million shirts in Japan so it is worth paying £14m for him even though it looks over the odds - we would make it back without a worry.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #18: Nov 09, 2010 11:02:16 pm
      Isn't this article from Gooooaaaallllllllll !!!!

If so. Probably bullshit.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #19: Nov 30, 2010 11:31:32 pm
      A lot of speculation linking us to him tonight.

LFC Transfer Speculations say that negotiations with Honda are at an advanced stage.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #20: Dec 01, 2010 10:06:15 am
      Would be a great signing for our squad and commercially the possibilities are endless. Would be a major coup for the 8 million price tag being mentioned.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #21: Dec 01, 2010 04:15:44 pm
      I'm not convinced..... i think he'll end up being an average player if he goes to a big team in a big league.  I understand commercial revenues and jersey sales, and would support the signing of him if it means he will make us more money so we can spend more on other, better players, but he is not the answer to our on-field problems.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Dec 01, 2010 05:17:20 pm
      He'll be like Park Ji Sung for us. He'll sell shirts, we could become the preferred team in Japan (which is a HUGE market) and make an impact while bolstering the depth of our squad rather than being an automatic selection for the first 11. He seems relatively cheap and would be a good impact sub and occasional starter. I'm all for it provided it doesn't take money away from a potential world class player.

Quick Reply