Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)

Read 25951 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)
      Reply #161: Jun 28, 2011 10:32:06 pm

Juve in talks for Honda

Tuesday 28 June, 2011

Juventus are reportedly looking to add Keisuke Honda to their midfield engine room for the 2011-12 campaign.

According to a report in the Sports Nippon daily, the Italian club have been in talks with CSKA Moscow about the 25-year-old.

The Turin giants are looking to re-establish themselves in the Italian game after finishing seventh in Serie A this term and failing to qualify for Europe.

The Japanese international joined CSKA at the start of 2010 after impressing with Eredivisie side VVV-Venlo.

Juve are not the first Italian club to be associated with Honda after he was heavily linked with Milan a year ago.

A 2010 World Cup player, Honda has also been paired with a move to England – with clubs such as Aston Villa, Liverpool and Arsenal all keen.

http://www.football-italia.net/jun28l.html
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #162: Jun 28, 2011 11:21:45 pm
      What the F**k is Hawwy taking control of Juve?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #163: Jun 29, 2011 09:48:40 am
      I'd personally doubt it. I don't think he'd suit Juve one bit, don't think their style will suit him and don't think he'll play his best in Italy.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #164: Jun 29, 2011 10:45:51 pm

Honda quiet over Juve
      Juventus link played down by agent

By Edwin Chong
      Last Updated: June 29, 2011 9:50pm

Juventus are the latest club to be linked to Keisuke Honda, but the player is unaware of the Italian club's interest.

According to reports in the Far East, the Serie A giants have contacted CSKA Moscow to enquire about the availability of the 25 year-old.

A €10 million transfer fee is being mooted to bring Honda to Italy but the talented midfielder admitted he knows little about the rumour.

"Nothing has been confirmed at this stage. As for the news about Juventus, I'd like you to fill me in about it," he was quoted as saying on sanspo.com.

With Liverpool and Arsenal also on his trail, Honda is flattered to be linked with another one of Europe's top clubs, but he is happy to remain at CSKA for the time being.

"I know the Russian League is not the best, but it is certainly not bad either. I still want to compete at a higher level one day, but the urge can wait."

Meanwhile, Honda's agent Kees Ploegsma has downplayed the link.

"I'm not surprised (Juventus) are interested in him since he has been playing well but I have not received any calls relating to this," he told Tuttomercatoweb.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7010683,00.html
      Jesus Hearts LFC
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts |
      Reply #165: Jun 30, 2011 06:31:37 am
      Honda's agent does a lot of talking... this has been going on for ages. If he is trying to drive a price up, he is certainly going about it in an odd way. To see his quality, all you'd need to do is watch the Japan v. Denmark match in the World Cup. The boy is a fantastic talent. Like others have said, though, he is in a position where we are more than loaded in.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #166: Jun 30, 2011 06:38:23 am
      I think he's quality and he's young.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #167: Jan 06, 2012 01:10:05 pm

PSG ramp up chase for Liverpool target Honda

Friday, January 6, 2012

Liverpool target Keisuke Honda is wanted by big-spending Paris St. Germain - with the French club ready to make a £13m bid.

The Japan star has been on Liverpool's radar for some time, having impressed during his time at CSKA Moscow.

Honda's contract expires in 2013 and talks over a new deal are progressing rather slowly, which has led to enquiries from teams across Europe.

Liverpool remain keen but they face a fight if they want to step up their interest as they will have to compete with mega-rich PSG.

The Ligue 1 club are backed by the Qatar Investment Authority and will be busy this month as new manager Carlo Ancelotti will be allowed to stamp his mark on his new squad.

And Ancelotti has set his sights on Honda, 25, as he looks to kick off a frantic month of spending.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1439/58/psg-ramp-chase-liverpool-target-honda

Note: Mods, can you please move this thread to the Winter Transfer Board.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #168: Jan 07, 2012 04:18:08 pm
      Only seen him at the world cup tbh and looked really realy good as the lone striker...

Held the ball up, has flair and skill, bought players into play and hard working!

Quick Reply