Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Lacina Traore (FC Cluj)

Read 8762 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Lacina Traore (FC Cluj)
      Nov 04, 2010 04:12:57 pm
      Commolli ready to usurp Bayern in "New Adebayor" chase
      New Liverpool Director of football strategy Damien Comolli has set his sights on FC Cluj striker Lacina Traore, however the former Tottenham Hotspur Director of football will face a battle with Bayern Munich for the giant forward’s signature.

The 20-year-old 6ft 8 in striker was linked with a move to Arsenal in the January transfer window, however Gunner’s boss Arsene Wenger is not in the market for a striker having purchased Moroccan hit-man Marouane Chamakh on a free transfer.

Bayern Munich, who beat FC CLuj last night 4-0 in the Champions League are hot on the heals of Traore, and the FC Cluj President revealed that Liverpool face competition from the German champions.

Cluj President Iuliu Muresan told Prosport: “I spoke with Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who is following two of our players. And Traore is one of them.”

Traore has been labeled the “New Adebayor” in his homeland and has been earmarked for a bright future at international level with the Ivory Coast. In an exclusive interview with Sport.co.uk the player’s agent revealed that there was interest in the player, however the player’s representative refused to comment on specific clubs being linked with the striker.

Thomas Boehm told Sport.co.uk in the summer: “There is interest but at the moment he is with CFR Cluj. We have a close relationship with the management at Cluj and we will talk to them about his future. There is nothing serious at the moment.

“There is a lot of talk with Lacina (Traore). We have had talks and spoken to different teams, but not just in the United Kingdom, but Italy, Germany and Holland. At the moment it is quiet but there could be movement in the next week. At the moment there is nothing concrete.”

Traore has yet to be capped at international level by the Ivory Coast that could provide an issue with player’s work permit for the United Kingdom.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/46292/Commolli_ready_to_usurp_Bayern_in_New_Adebayor_chase.aspx

Not sure about the source but saw it in the 'Gossip Column.'

Seems a bit of putting two and two together what with the arrival of Comolli. Interesting to see if anyone knows anything about him.

N.B. Now that Hamann and Finnan are gone, all bad results would almost certainly be blamed on Traore.
      « Last Edit: Nov 04, 2010 04:22:32 pm by KS67 »
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: Lacina Traore (FC Cluj)
      Reply #1: Nov 04, 2010 04:24:55 pm
      lacina traore 1.avi

Can set up as well as score goals.
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 04, 2010 05:07:20 pm
      He looks good I want him!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3: Nov 04, 2010 05:16:36 pm
      Becomes a brilliant striker on FM 10. That's all I know.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #4: Nov 04, 2010 05:18:06 pm
      At 6ft 8 he'd suit Hodgsons hoof ball game perfectly.

Edit: He doesn't look 6ft 8 in that vid?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #5: Nov 04, 2010 05:34:57 pm
      Edit: He doesn't look 6ft 8 in that vid?

To be honest I think he looks more 8ft 6!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #6: Nov 04, 2010 05:39:16 pm
      Love him, sign him up.  :mixed-smiley-009:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #7: Nov 04, 2010 05:49:39 pm
      Ya 6 8 I bet Hodgson was rubbing his hands when he heard that stat.
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #8: Nov 04, 2010 06:43:39 pm
      New adebayor :O wud much prefer the new drogba or something along those lines
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #9: Nov 04, 2010 06:47:24 pm
      Not as good as Djimi :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #10: Nov 04, 2010 06:54:01 pm
      Ya 6 8 I bet Hodgson was rubbing his hands when he heard that stat.

Yep!

"Jamie, we have just found the player we have been looking for"  ;) ;D
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #11: Nov 04, 2010 07:03:04 pm
      New adebayor :O wud much prefer the new drogba or something along those lines

New adebayor with more skill and less attitude.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #12: Nov 04, 2010 07:08:52 pm
      I think Woy took one look at his height and

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Nov 04, 2010 08:32:59 pm

f***in right! Djimi is a legend! :D

He's an European champ
      Unlike Terry or Lamps
      That's TraorĂŠ

:P
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Lacina Traore (FC Cluj)
      Reply #14: Nov 30, 2010 12:03:23 am
      Lacina Traore reportedly set for Cluj exit
      Reported Liverpool target Lacina Traore is set to leave current club FC Cluj in January.

The Ivorian striker has been linked with a string of European clubs, and Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is thought to be the latest manager to join the hunt for the player.

New Director of Football strategy at Anfield, Damien Comolli, is thought to be a big fan of the player, and has sent scouts to watch Feroviarii striker in a Romanian Liga I match.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is a known admirer of the player, while Aston Villa, Fulham and Bayern Munich are also thought to be monitoring the situation. Liverpool and the rest will be encouraged by the latest comments from the player's agent, Thomas Boehm.

“It is true that there are a number of teams watching Lacina (Traore) and maybe in a couple of weeks we will have some information, but at the moment I cannot say anything regarding specific clubs," Boehm told Sport.co.uk.

“The situation is he is playing well in the Champions League and our goal is to get him playing in a superior league. That is a fact. But I cannot reveal any information on specific clubs at this point.”

Liverpool are thought to be in the market for a striker, with Hodgson promised a transfer war chest from new owners NESV.

The former Fulham boss is thought to have 'five or six' players on his shortlist at Merseyside, and Traore could be one of the players chased by Liverpool in the opening month of 2011.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-scout-ivorian-starlet---poised-for-6-mil

sh*te source but just thought I'd share. Don't know anything about him anyway.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #15: Nov 30, 2010 01:01:10 am
      Already a thread here mate: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=34317.0.  Bet Woy wants him because he's 6'8"

edit: He's basically Peter Crouch minus the awesome dancing but stronger.  Good with the ball at his feet for a giant, dare I say slightly more refined too.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Nov 30, 2010 10:32:06 am
      Christ he looks cumbersome.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #17: Nov 30, 2010 10:40:03 am
      I did look for a thread couldn't see it. Sorry mods.:P
      gandalf993
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #18: Dec 11, 2010 08:09:21 pm
      hey guys i'm actually from romania and i know Traore very well , he is a very taleted striker and stuff but he doesnt manage to play 4-5 good games in a row ,
      for example he plays 2 good games then he haves about 4-5 games where he doesn't impress
      anyways here is a interesting vid   Lacina Traore "The New Adebayor"
      piggott_mourinho
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #19: Dec 12, 2010 06:07:29 pm
      sounds like he has a good profile but we need to be looking for more proven strikers or even young strikers who can do it in proper leagues.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #20: Jan 26, 2011 03:48:04 pm
       Exclusive: Dalglish battles Hughes and Bruce for "New Adebayor
      Posted on:26 January 2011 - 15:33
      Sport.co.uk understands that Sunderland, Fulham, and Liverpool are in a three-way battle to sign FC Cluj forward Lacina Traore while Aston Villa are also closely monitoring proceedings with the player’s representative hopeful of his client finalising a deal with a Premier League club.

Sunderland have emerged as a new suitor for the giant Ivorian, dubbed the “New Emmanuel Adebayor,” since the departure of Darren Bent, while Fulham’s Mark Hughes and Liverpool’s Kenny Dalglish have also stepped up their pursuit of 20-year-old.

Reports this morning had suggested Hughes had won the race to sign Traore, however the player’s agent told Sport.co.uk that no deal had been concluded, with Liverpool and Sunderland still in the race for the front-man.

Traore has been watched closely by scouts from a number of top European clubs in the last 18 months including Bayern Munich, Arsenal, while the reds, Aston Villa, Cottagers and now, the Black Cats, are the latest sides to join the chase for the giant front-man.

“There is now a lot of interest for Lacina. The situation is that we have not received the right offer for him to leave FC Cluj at this time. Thomas Boehm told Sport.co.uk.

“There are plenty of talks between clubs, but nothing concrete. There is a lot of movement at the moment, and there are not many strikers of quality available. I am hopeful that we can conclude a deal, but remember while our goal is to bring him to the UK, there is interest from abroad.

The 20-year-old 6ft 8in striker was linked heavily with a move to Arsenal in last year’s January window, however Gunner’s boss Arsene Wenger ruled out making a move for a striker having purchased Moroccan hit-man Marouane Chamakh on a free transfer in the summer.

New Liverpool Director of Football Strategy Damien Commolli is an admirer of the forward and has had scouts watch the Ivorian, while Villa boss Gerard Houllier, Cottagers chief Mark Hughes, and now Steve Bruce are also among the interested parties.

The Ivorian, who has yet to be capped by Cote d’Ivoire, began his career at ASEC Mimosas under Jean Marc Guiilou, a close friend of Wenger who has helped develop the likes of Manchester City pair Kolo and Yaya Toure, Arsenal’s Emmanuel Eboue, and Chelsea’s Salomon Kalou.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/49656/Exclusive_Dalglish_battles_Hughes_and_Bruce_for_New_Adebayor.aspx
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #21: Jan 26, 2011 04:26:05 pm
      Not really confident about him.

Only 14 goals in 44 matches in that dutch league with the crappiest defenders in Europe (according to people commenting Suarez stats).
      Not even selected in Ivory Coast youth teams.
      The new Adebayor ? As N'Gog is the new Henry, and Nemeth was the new Ferenc Puzcas.

Potential to end fourth striker behind Pacheco and N'Gog, only there to be the big guy option (now that may be useful).
      bigmack123
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 170 posts |
      Reply #22: Jan 26, 2011 04:40:42 pm

Only 14 goals in 44 matches in that dutch league with the crappiest defenders in Europe (according to people commenting Suarez stats)

Hasn't even played in Holland has he? I think we shouldn't go for him because I don't think he'd be more than a squad player.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #23: Jan 26, 2011 04:41:08 pm

Only 14 goals in 44 matches in that dutch league with the crappiest defenders in Europe (according to people commenting Suarez stats).
      Not even selected in Ivory Coast youth teams.
      The new Adebayor ? As N'Gog is the new Henry, and Nemeth was the new Ferenc Puzcas.

Potential to end fourth striker behind Pacheco and N'Gog, only there to be the big guy option (now that may be useful).

I was thinking the same thing.  He would offer us something different (the height like what Crouch brought to the table) but I don't think he would be a star signing.  I would prefer us to go for a livewire CF like Suarez/Aguero/Lavezzi/Zarate/etc. 
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #24: Jan 26, 2011 05:07:10 pm
      I go back and forth on this one. Is it better to have a 2nd striker play with Torres, and for Torres to feed off of his creativity (ala Suarez)? Or, would Torres work well with a classic CF (ala Carroll) who wins balls, holds up play and uses Torres' impeccable movement to his advantage?
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #25: Jan 26, 2011 05:22:33 pm

He doesn't even play in the Dutch league. Though granted, the Romanian league isn't any better.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #26: Jan 26, 2011 05:28:52 pm
      He doesn't even play in the Dutch league. Though granted, the Romanian league isn't any better.

Oops. :)

Don't know what made me think he was playing there (starting to lose my mind after reading too much Ajax/Suarez rumours probably  :dunceblock:).
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2011 05:38:38 pm by TonioLerouge »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Jan 26, 2011 05:41:44 pm
      Gutted if we ended up with this lad after trying to sign Suarez all window, not a signing to progress the club.

Let him off to Fulham are Sunderland at best that is his level.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #28: Jan 27, 2011 07:41:53 am
      Same here.
      Suarez, Lukaku or Llorente for me (in that position).

Quick Reply