Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Lacina Traore (FC Cluj)

Read 8849 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Re: Lacina Traore (FC Cluj)
      Reply #23: Jan 26, 2011 04:41:08 pm
      Not really confident about him.

Only 14 goals in 44 matches in that dutch league with the crappiest defenders in Europe (according to people commenting Suarez stats).
      Not even selected in Ivory Coast youth teams.
      The new Adebayor ? As N'Gog is the new Henry, and Nemeth was the new Ferenc Puzcas.

Potential to end fourth striker behind Pacheco and N'Gog, only there to be the big guy option (now that may be useful).

I was thinking the same thing.  He would offer us something different (the height like what Crouch brought to the table) but I don't think he would be a star signing.  I would prefer us to go for a livewire CF like Suarez/Aguero/Lavezzi/Zarate/etc. 
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #24: Jan 26, 2011 05:07:10 pm
      I go back and forth on this one. Is it better to have a 2nd striker play with Torres, and for Torres to feed off of his creativity (ala Suarez)? Or, would Torres work well with a classic CF (ala Carroll) who wins balls, holds up play and uses Torres' impeccable movement to his advantage?
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #25: Jan 26, 2011 05:22:33 pm
      Not really confident about him.

Only 14 goals in 44 matches in that dutch league with the crappiest defenders in Europe (according to people commenting Suarez stats).

He doesn't even play in the Dutch league. Though granted, the Romanian league isn't any better.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #26: Jan 26, 2011 05:28:52 pm
      He doesn't even play in the Dutch league. Though granted, the Romanian league isn't any better.

Oops. :)

Don't know what made me think he was playing there (starting to lose my mind after reading too much Ajax/Suarez rumours probably  :dunceblock:).
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2011 05:38:38 pm by TonioLerouge »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Jan 26, 2011 05:41:44 pm
      Gutted if we ended up with this lad after trying to sign Suarez all window, not a signing to progress the club.

Let him off to Fulham are Sunderland at best that is his level.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #28: Jan 27, 2011 07:41:53 am
      Same here.
      Suarez, Lukaku or Llorente for me (in that position).

Quick Reply