Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match v Napoli?

Kyrgiakos
      (2%)
      Spearing
      (3.3%)
      Johnson
      (0.7%)
      Gerrard
      (92.8%)
      Ngog
      (1.3%)

Liverpool 3-1 Napoli: In-game & post-match Stevie Glee

Read 76592 times
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Napoli: In-game & post-match Stevie Glee
      Reply #759: Nov 04, 2010 10:56:45 pm
      You did it again.  Wrong person!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Not getting that one?
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #760: Nov 04, 2010 10:57:28 pm

Made me laugh again
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #761: Nov 04, 2010 11:01:34 pm
      what does wengitari stand for?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #762: Nov 04, 2010 11:02:16 pm
      Indeed, but someone was critising him for being pro-Roy.
      I was merely stating that because someone is Pro-Roy, they don't have to be a troll.

When they say things like "Spot on with the tactics again!" they are either a troll or retarded. No two-ways about it.
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #763: Nov 04, 2010 11:03:09 pm

Code name for "I Love Roy"
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #764: Nov 04, 2010 11:05:43 pm
      Is that the hat-trick so :f_tongueincheek:
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #765: Nov 04, 2010 11:07:01 pm

Yes Stevie   :roll:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,684 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #766: Nov 04, 2010 11:07:20 pm
      Could be an Arsene and Atari fan.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #767: Nov 04, 2010 11:08:03 pm
      Off the pitch

Can I just say Napoli fans are vermon
      John Henrys partner is way hotter then Tom Hicks partner, George
      And singing your not singing anymore is a bit er ponzy  :)
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #768: Nov 04, 2010 11:09:10 pm
      his formation was sh*t again it was stevieg lifted us out of it again, poulsen again whats he doing with him ,drop kick him out of anfield,ngog shouldn"t have been up front on his own in anfield on a european night .roys tactics are sh*t .
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #769: Nov 04, 2010 11:10:42 pm
      That's a shocking name to call me ''Alan''.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #770: Nov 04, 2010 11:13:23 pm
      The thing is it too easy to criticise and be negative when the chips are down. Being constructive and offering solutions are a lot harder. We all want Liverpool to succeed yet there have been individuals tonight stating that they wanted the team to lose(?!) Would appointing Dalglish really change that much? Someone on this forum pointed out a few weeks back that in the last two years we have gone from a midfield of Alonso and Mascherano to a midfield of Lucas and Poulsen. That isn't Roy's (or Rafa's) fault - we're now in a situation where our midfield is chronically weak. Barring Gerrard we have no one who can pass, bring the ball forward, shoot etc etc. I personally think that changing the manager now would be extremely damaging: do we want to become the Newcastle of the Northwest with a new manager every few months? Which top managers realistically would we attract (especially if Hodgson is only given a few months before being booted out)? Kenny's trackrecord at Newcastle and Celtic is frightening - the game has changed enormously since 1991 and anyone who thinks putting him in charge will automatically bring us back there is seriously deluded.

I think that Roy needs to be given until the end of this season at the earliest. We as Liverpool supporters need to support Liverpool. Sniping at the manager (for whatever reason) is not helpful and will do nothing for the reputation of Liverpool fans (can we still call ourselves a cut above other fans?)

btw - I'm not saying that I agree with everything that Hodgson has done - he has made some baffling selections and said some strange things. But I do not doubt that he is trying his best for our club.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #771: Nov 04, 2010 11:17:28 pm
      Let's not let this win disguise the fact that we were played off the pitch by a pretty poor Napoli in the first half due to the manager yet again setting the team up to play too deep with players playing out of position and generally the poor defensive tactics which have summed up our season so far.

It was only Roy bringing on Stevie that saved us from losing this game. He came on and drove the team forward. We were far from our best in the second half but his performance gave us the result that we needed and expected against this standard of opposition.

I don't give the manager any real credit for this as I pointed out in the match thread he was shouting and waving like a man posessed during the game. I have never seen him act like this before and he looked like a man feeling the strain especially with the owner in the stand. he brought on Gerrard to save the game, it was not the tactical move of someone who has any real idea of what they are doing.

Also I've noticed a good few on here now defending Roy just because we have won three in a row. I am gald we have won these games and hope we keep it up but don't let the fact that we have won blind you from the dire football we are seeing in almost every game. We were set up like the away side tonight and if we continue to play to these tactics we will lose more than we win.

We may be getting the results but it does not mean Roy is suddenly the right man.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #772: Nov 04, 2010 11:18:16 pm
      End of the season at the earliest? So if we get relegated (unlikely i know, but just entertain the thought) would you then say 'glad he got his season anyways' - thats F***ing stupid.

Sniping at the manager does not make us bad fans. We want what is best for LIVERPOOL FC and right now Roy is not that - so ergo doesn't that make us good fans?

Fucks sake, im sick of this "We are above that crap" - yes, we are above the manager revolving door crap that other clubs do. But no club should be above sacking a manager if he is drastically underperforming without any hope of going up, especially a manager with such an average resume as Roy.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #773: Nov 04, 2010 11:27:20 pm
      Not going to bother with a MOTM poll I take it? ;D :f_tongueincheek:

I only saw the last 25 mins :lmao: Sounds like I missed a typical first halfGerrard was awesome, Shelvey looks great - he will replace Stevie when he retires.  Eccleston looked good when he came on, Lucas as well.  Horror tackle on NGog, deffo red, funny that the guy gave away the pen.  Didn't see their goal, sounds like Poulsen is trying to wrestle that title off of Sean Dundee...
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #774: Nov 04, 2010 11:29:28 pm
      End of the season at the earliest? So if we get relegated (unlikely I know, but just entertain the thought) would you then say 'glad he got his season anyways' - thats f**king stupid.
      Whereas going around like a headless chicken panicking blindly is not F***ing stupid?

Sniping at the manager does not make us bad fans. We want what is best for LIVERPOOL FC and right now Roy is not that - so ergo doesn't that make us good fans?
      I disagree. It shows we are becoming no different to any other supporters: instant success or nothing. Give the manager a few months max and then he's out. Next guy comes in and he's out a few months later. And so on ...

Fucks sake, im sick of this "We are above that crap" - yes, we are above the manager revolving door crap that other clubs do. But no club should be above sacking a manager if he is drastically underperforming without any hope of going up, especially a manager with such an average resume as Roy.
      Roy's resume may well be average but - as I posted before - who are we going to attract who has a better resume? Martin O'Neil? Alex McLeish?
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #775: Nov 04, 2010 11:30:34 pm
      I love Torres but he has never and never will be a more important player than Steven Gerrard. This guy is F***ing inspirational, he carries Liverpool Football Club and has done for many years. Great result, but all credit goes to Steven Gerrard tonight, about time the skipper got some praise again! Now lets destroy Chelsea the fuckers!
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #776: Nov 04, 2010 11:31:00 pm
      Quote from ed603em link=topic=34321.msg827056#msg827056 date=1288912403 in the last two years we have gone from a midfield of Alonso and Mascherano to a midfield of Lucas and Poulsen. [quote
      Woy took Poulsen for Aqualani,we have Lucas who is getting better.Alonso we can never replace,Masch wanted out.2 years ago we came 2nd with that midfield. They're gone. We wont get anywhere near picking up players like that again with Woy
      in charge. Because of when we get rid of him it will not mean we chop&change at the drop of a hat as we never have done.
      What will happen when he is gone will mean stability for long term aims for both us the fans &nesv. if that means kenny
      till next summer so be it.You look at the geordies(sacking club)&celtic as examples.bad choice. kenny is been called
      for stability in the short term until a long term sucessor are put in place. who we dont know. once the right man is there
      he will be get our support.
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #777: Nov 04, 2010 11:31:53 pm
      We should play the 'young' guys more often. At least they try.

I like what I've seen of Shelvey (2nd start tonight I believe), Spearing and also Kelly. First I've seen Ecclestone and he was not out of place either. Would've liked to see Pacheco on the field too.

I was willing to give Woy time as I thought he'd be a good appointment but clearly he's not, the 1st half showed that. Inept.

Fortunately, Mr Gerrard was on hand once again.

ps Any chance of retrospective action against that shocking challenge on N'Gog?
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #778: Nov 04, 2010 11:34:49 pm
      Shelvey looks great - he will replace Stevie when he retires.

That's quite a statement mate to make about any player mate. I don't think we'll see another Liverpool player like Stevie in our life.

And not to put the boy down but i thought he looked inexperienced for most of the game. Still waiting to see him wow me, but although i think Spearing is better at the moment, I think he'll become a better player than Spearing.

But as I said, no-one will replace Gerrard. He's the utter meaning of the word irreplacable.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #779: Nov 04, 2010 11:34:53 pm
      Here here ,we"re entitled to slag him off the dirty little weasle.He"s a donkey standing in a stable of thoroughbreds.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #780: Nov 04, 2010 11:34:54 pm
      Not going to bother with a MOTM poll I take it? ;D :f_tongueincheek:

Apologies.

Poll added.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #781: Nov 04, 2010 11:37:24 pm
      Whereas going around like a headless chicken panicking blindly is not f**king stupid?

I don't think anyone is blindly panicking mate. It makes more sense to change the manager now when the new owners have come in to get someone with a long term plan for the future and who can plan for the next two transfer windows.

I pretty sure none of us want to be changing the manager every 5 minutes like some other clubs but it is clear that Roy is not the right man and I'd rather we made the right change now than go on any further with him.

I will still support the team and galdly take the wins if and when they come but it doesn't hide the fact that our football this season has been awful and doesn't look like improving much with Roy as the boss.

Quick Reply