Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match v Napoli?

Kyrgiakos
      (2%)
      Spearing
      (3.3%)
      Johnson
      (0.7%)
      Gerrard
      (92.8%)
      Ngog
      (1.3%)

Liverpool 3-1 Napoli: In-game & post-match Stevie Glee

Read 75343 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Napoli: In-game & post-match Stevie Glee
      Reply #874: Nov 05, 2010 08:32:16 am
      Is it any wonder that a section of their supporters are branded thugs when the team they support mirrors if not promotes their thuggism?
      The tackle on N'Gog was GBH in anyone's book and the perpetrator went on to give the penalty away proving that their tactics were to cheat and inflict injury as soon as we got the goal back and took the ascendancy.
      The cheating went on all night and the number of their players writhing in agony after tackles with no apparent contact was embarrassing, after Gerrards perfectly legal engagement with their goalie before scoring the goal and the subsequent pantomime of the goalie limping and crying for which he was carded the authorities need to make a stand.
      Eufa wants to take a long hard look at the make up of Napoli FC and the Italian authorities who allow a few tw*ts to tarnish the name of the country and the club.
      « Last Edit: Nov 05, 2010 08:37:44 am by stuey »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #875: Nov 05, 2010 08:54:43 am
      Did anyone notice that we conceded the goal because of ................ Poulsen :O
      Sure did. Uncontested and he heads the ball backwards into the path of the Napoli attack.

Couple of things I noticed from the game.

1. Last season was definately just a one off from Stevie.
      2. John Henry's missus is fit as.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #876: Nov 05, 2010 09:41:07 am
      Is it any wonder that a section of their supporters are branded thugs when the team they support mirrors if not promotes their thuggism?
      The tackle on N'Gog was GBH in anyone's book and the perpetrator went on to give the penalty away proving that their tactics were to cheat and inflict injury as soon as we got the goal back and took the ascendancy.
      The cheating went on all night and the number of their players writhing in agony after tackles with no apparent contact was embarrassing, after Gerrards perfectly legal engagement with their goalie before scoring the goal and the subsequent pantomime of the goalie limping and crying for which he was carded the authorities need to make a stand.
      Eufa wants to take a long hard look at the make up of Napoli FC and the Italian authorities who allow a few tw*ts to tarnish the name of the country and the club.

ah mate, it was an absolute disgrace. that tackle on ngog by no 6 (Aronica is his name) was a leg breaker and the man should be punished retrospectively, which i doubt cos uefa have no balls. he committed numerous dubious fouls and guess what? not even a yellow card. ref's really pi$$ me off with the level of incompetence they show sometimes.

i'm genuinely glad for ngog that he is ok cos when i watched the replay, it looked horrendous.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #877: Nov 05, 2010 10:13:56 am
      First half was shocking to be honest. Looked like a very, very poor set of players from back to front. And they were always looking the more likely to score and ultimately did. Well deserved lead for them at the interval.

Gerrard's introduction seemed to lift the lads. He actually started pretty slowly though, gave the ball away and just stood still rather than chasing to get it back. But once he got into the swing of things, there was no stopping him.

Dossena F***ing up with that back pass brought back horrible memories. What a sh*t defender that lad is. Gerrard prepared to go in and draw us level. The penalty was well placed, no keeper was stopping it. And the third was pure quality. Everyone will rave about Lucas and Gerrard's contribution to the third goal (rightfully) but Ecclestone did a F***ing great job of closing the keeper down and cutting off the pass to their right back.

3 wins on the spin, right sort of run heading into the Chelsea game. We'll F**k them on Sunday and all of a sudden, things look much better if still not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. Still unbeaten in Europe, top of the group and practically through. Good night all round from the playing side of things.

Is right mate.

Even though the odds will be against us, I don't want to see or hear the fans saying anything other than what you said there about the Chelsea match.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #878: Nov 05, 2010 10:24:06 am
      Voted Stevie as motm

Very honourable mention to Jay
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #879: Nov 05, 2010 10:47:16 am
      I can only agree with the above re the N'Gog tackle. Hopefully a ban is on it's way for a disgraceful challenge, do linesman have eyes? I refuse to call them 'Assistant Referees' as they don't assist in any way other than to wave their flag after the ref has given a decision.

Still it was a game of two halves...

1st half was all about Mrs Henry as that was the only good part. :)

2nd half was Mr Gerrard once again inspiring.

Oh and get Poulsen tae feck.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #880: Nov 05, 2010 10:58:57 am
      Had a helluva game Brian the lad was like a terrier harassing them and making telling runs when asked to.
      He would have been MOTM for me if Stevie hadn't come on and turned the game on it's head. 
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #881: Nov 05, 2010 11:01:53 am
      I'll never know how Stevie only gets 93.5% in the MOTM poll!

Is there no pleasing you people? :P What more does he have to do?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #882: Nov 05, 2010 11:02:02 am
      Apart from Gerrard, I saw Spearing & Shelvey were promising. Yesterday Roy did something good that he played this two young players & put Gerrard on the bench but that f***in old Poulsen is pack of sh*t & we sucked this player from Juve. I always defend Roy but on this one he was wrong.

Bring on Chelsea. I voted for Spearing 'cos he dominate the midfield.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #883: Nov 05, 2010 11:11:18 am
      Had a helluva game Brian the lad was like a terrier harassing them and making telling runs when asked to.
      He would have been MOTM for me if Stevie hadn't come on and turned the game on it's head. 

He reminds me off someone just cant get me finger on who it is tho (football wise not looks)!!. Was my motm only for Stevies heroics
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #884: Nov 05, 2010 11:13:40 am
      What a player Stevie G is. I can't think of anybody else who has that magical ability to drag a team by the scruff of its neck and turn a woeful, losing situation into a winning one. Maradona at Napoli, maybe... If he plays like that on Sunday, Chelsea will cack themselves. He showed everyone else on that park what commitment means last night. Poulsen to be 'rested' next match, hopefully.
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #885: Nov 05, 2010 11:16:37 am
      What a player Stevie G is. I can't think of anybody else who has that magical ability to drag a team by the scruff of its neck and turn a woeful, losing situation into a winning one. Maradona at Napoli, maybe... If he plays like that on Sunday, Chelsea will cack themselves. He showed everyone else on that park what commitment means last night. Poulsen to be 'rested' next match, hopefully.

Poulsen to be rested permanently - hopefully   ;D
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #886: Nov 05, 2010 11:17:08 am

I thought he faired better in Italy in all honesty, I thought our midfield in the first half sat back and were dictated to. He started brightly but quickly faded he did play a nice ball to Jovo at one point but as the first half wore on I think we became overan by their midfield and he became a part of that. Second half he hussled and bussled but in Italy I thought he was much better in possesion.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #887: Nov 05, 2010 11:30:58 am
      He reminds me off someone just cant get me finger on who it is tho (football wise not looks)!!. Was my motm only for Stevies heroics
      It hurts to mention it Brian but the first player comes to mind is Nobby Stiles used to play for manUre. He was the same being smallish and fought like a  good un for everything, he was on the news this week for selling his trophies which included World cup and Euro cup medals.

I thought he faired better in Italy in all honesty, I thought our midfield in the first half sat back and were dictated to. He started brightly but quickly faded he did play a nice ball to Jovo at one point but as the first half wore on I think we became overan by their midfield and he became a part of that. Second half he hussled and bussled but in Italy I thought he was much better in possesion.

We might disagree on which was his better performance but the lad is getting more consistent and growing in confidence as a result.
      « Last Edit: Nov 06, 2010 02:26:33 pm by stuey »
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #888: Nov 05, 2010 11:33:32 am
      Anyone heard if Ngog is ok?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #889: Nov 05, 2010 12:02:15 pm
      It really is a miracle he walked after that F***ing animal tried to break his leg, retrospective action should be taken and the b***ard should get a lengthy ban and a fine, if he had broken his leg and been out for the rest of the season legal proceedings would have been well in order.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #890: Nov 05, 2010 12:05:28 pm
      I don't want to see Poulsen play another minute for us. He's absolutely crap.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #891: Nov 05, 2010 12:06:59 pm

This, it's like playing against 12 men when he is out there. Gifting them a goal last night was completely disgusting.
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #892: Nov 05, 2010 12:08:26 pm
      It really is a miracle he walked after that f**king animal tried to break his leg, retrospective action should be taken and the b***ard should get a lengthy ban and a fine, if he had broken his leg and been out for the rest of the season legal proceedings would have been well in order.

Agree!  Ngog was lucky to escape a break there. 
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #893: Nov 05, 2010 12:10:09 pm

Yes!  We all agree with that,  but why doesnt Roy see it?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #894: Nov 05, 2010 12:25:17 pm
      We're all with you on that one matey.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #895: Nov 05, 2010 12:37:04 pm
      should have gone to specsavers
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #896: Nov 05, 2010 12:41:23 pm
      It really is a miracle he walked after that F***ing animal tried to break his leg, retrospective action should be taken and the b***ard should get a lengthy ban and a fine, if he had broken his leg and been out for the rest of the season legal proceedings would have been well in order.

A fine is no good. This people are so rich, it's like us getting fined a tenner

Prison term for ABH would be the way forward.

Quick Reply