Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Juan Mata (Valencia)

Read 184073 times
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Juan Mata (Valencia)
      Nov 06, 2010 01:49:00 pm
      Liverpool place £17M attacker at top of wish list

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/liverpool-place-17m-attacker-at-top-of-wish-list

Roy Hodgson has placed Valencia attacker Juan Mata at the top of his January transfer wish-list as he looks to bring in a number of new additions when the transfer window reopens.

The Liverpool boss has already stated his intentions to sign 5 or 6 players and has the backing of the club's new owners as he seeks to reverse the poor start to the season.

The adaptable 22 year old has been in fine form this season and has helped his side cope with the loss of stars David Villa and David Silva over the summer. Mata left Real Madrid to join Valencia in March 2007 and initially found it hard to secure a regular first team spot but in the absence of the club's two big name Spanish internationals he has hit a run of good form this season which has led many clubs to consider a move for the pint sized attacker.

Hodgson hopes to persuade Mata to join his national team colleagues Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina at Anfield and knows that he will have to dig deep to secure the £17m rated international. The Liverpool manager is looking to add more creativity to his attacking third after finding goals hard to come by this season.

Juan Mata can play in a number of positions from an out and out striker to his more preferred position out wide on the left wing where he could help provide ammunition for the Merseyside club.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Re: Juan Mata (Valencia)
      Reply #1: Nov 06, 2010 01:50:23 pm
      If he got him

We would be moving in the right direction
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #2: Nov 06, 2010 01:55:53 pm
      Now we're talking! Would've been cheaper around the time we were chasing Silva since now he's become even more crucial to Valencia. Would definitely give us some much needed width though, would be pretty much a dream signing for us at the moment.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 06, 2010 02:34:38 pm
      All say he's top quality, but I haven't seen him much to judge him. If he's that good than 17M would be a great deal!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Nov 06, 2010 02:36:30 pm
      Mata is pure quality and he's having a stormer for Valencia at the moment, watched a few of their games this season and Mata has been instrumental in just about everything that happened for them in an attacking sense.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Nov 06, 2010 02:40:08 pm
      If this is true he would be an absolute bargain for that price. Fantastic little player. Seems to have stepped up another level with having to fill the void left by Villa and Silva
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Nov 06, 2010 04:12:26 pm
      This would be a great signing. Very much a step in the right direction.

Torres and Pepe - have words!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: Nov 06, 2010 04:32:59 pm
      Been a fan of his for a fair while. I hope this isn't another "Linked for three years but nothing comes of it" thing like Silva though. Cos that cut me deep, real deep.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #8: Nov 06, 2010 04:51:03 pm
      Been a fan of his for a fair while. I hope this isn't another "Linked for three years but nothing comes of it" thing like Silva though. Cos that cut me deep, real deep.

I feel ya BigV , Silva broke my heart with that move , I hope we get something out of this one , he's another one who Iv;e been keeping my eye on for quite some time . 
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #9: Nov 06, 2010 06:33:13 pm
      Dont want to put a dampner on this,but did he just sign a new 5 year deal at Valencia.Would be great signing and show we mean business in the transfer market.
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #10: Nov 06, 2010 08:43:29 pm
      I watched the rangers v valencia game he had a cracker he would be a great addition
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #11: Nov 06, 2010 09:42:12 pm
      This would be a great signing. Very much a step in the right direction.

Torres and Pepe - have words!
      Pepe & Nando: Mata, come here to fight for relegation!! You'll enjoy very much the atmosphere here but not the results and trophies for now!!
       What a DISASTER this is!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #12: Nov 06, 2010 11:50:08 pm
      He has a 90M Euro release clause until 2012.

So we'll put this on the back burner then.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Nov 06, 2010 11:56:30 pm
      Villa had a 120m euros release clause until 2013 at Valencia. Silva had an 80m release clause until the same time.

Personally, i find release clauses pointless but Spain use them to mantain value and ensure teams dont get ripped off.

A bid of 20m will get him. They're not in a position to turn down big amounts of money.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #14: Nov 07, 2010 12:21:40 am
      A bid of 20m will get him. They're not in a position to turn down big amounts of money.

I reckon we could test the water at about £16-18m but probably but just about/over £20m.

But are you saying they are still up financial sh*t creek? It would greatly improve our position if they were but I thought they'd turned a corner.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15: Nov 07, 2010 12:30:28 am
      Yes please... ;D
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #16: Nov 07, 2010 01:04:03 am
      He has a 90M Euro release clause until 2012.

So we'll put this on the back burner then.

As Crouchi said, it plays no role in transfers over there. They just make sure they do not get hosed for players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Nov 07, 2010 12:19:18 pm
      I reckon we could test the water at about £16-18m but probably but just about/over £20m.

But are you saying they are still up financial sh*t creek? It would greatly improve our position if they were but I thought they'd turned a corner.

Yeah mate they still have plenty of debt. It's decreased dramatically but still a chunk. If they're likely to sell yet another star i'm not sure.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #18: Nov 08, 2010 04:09:07 am
      if they keep qualifying for champions league i doubt we could afford him. not sure how valencia are doing this year in their domestic league
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #19: Nov 08, 2010 09:35:03 am
      There 5th in la liga won 5 games out of 9 drawn 2 and lost 2 (08/11/210), if mata and llorente came that would be great additions to are team
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #20: Nov 08, 2010 09:55:59 am
      My issue with this piece of fabricated web gossip is this:

"The Liverpool boss has already stated his intentions to sign 5 or 6 players and has the backing of the club's new owners as he seeks to reverse the poor start to the season."

I'm pretty sure that Roy hasn't mentioned signing 5 or 6 players and I'm even more sure that NESV have NOT made any such financial promises. They've been cagey to say the least on transfer funds and have indicated a preference to develop from within as a means of generating players and/or money. Sadly, this article needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #21: Nov 08, 2010 09:58:26 am

..and we're not in a position to offer big amounts of money!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #22: Nov 08, 2010 11:19:06 am
      My issue with this piece of fabricated web gossip is this:

"The Liverpool boss has already stated his intentions to sign 5 or 6 players and has the backing of the club's new owners as he seeks to reverse the poor start to the season."

I'm pretty sure that Roy hasn't mentioned signing 5 or 6 players and I'm even more sure that NESV have NOT made any such financial promises. They've been cagey to say the least on transfer funds and have indicated a preference to develop from within as a means of generating players and/or money. Sadly, this article needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

You're right, he didn't say 5 or 6 new players - the media are exaggerating again.

He said 4 or 5.

Quick Reply