Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Juan Mata (Valencia)

Read 184076 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Juan Mata (Valencia)
      Reply #1495: Aug 19, 2011 09:43:37 pm
      Rumour is he is close to signing for c helsea 34million euro surely they couldn't have seen his pre season performance against us

No matter the price, he would be an awesome signing tor them ... The kid is a pure class ...
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1496: Aug 19, 2011 09:44:01 pm
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1497: Aug 19, 2011 09:47:14 pm
      Agree i actually think he could make bigger impact then silva and i rate silva very highly
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #1498: Aug 19, 2011 09:59:31 pm
      Liverpool FC Latest / Transfer News / Rumours / Scores
      MARCA has confirmed Valencia accepted Chelsea's offer for Mata. The signing is imminent and Mata will join them on a five-year deal.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1499: Aug 19, 2011 10:02:38 pm
      F**k id have loved him here. Obviously chelsea and city not to concerned about the new fair play rules
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1500: Aug 19, 2011 10:14:20 pm
      Let's just hope this rules them out of a move for Hazard, somehow I doubt it though. These rules aren't worth sod all it would seem anyway.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1501: Aug 19, 2011 10:31:59 pm
      F**k id have loved him here. Obviously chelsea and city not to concerned about the new fair play rules

I know the rules are not applied for a couple of years, but if they want to make these rules work, then UEFA should be making a statement clearly aimed at these two clubs (and PSG and potentially Malaga) making it clear that they will be rigorously enforced.  This spending is making a mockery of FFP.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #1502: Aug 19, 2011 10:35:01 pm
      Yet to see how good Mata is.

And I'm not gonna believe the hype.

From what I've seen Downing is far better for Liverpool.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1503: Aug 19, 2011 10:42:27 pm
      Yet to see how good Mata is.

And I'm not gonna believe the hype.

From what I've seen Downing is far better for Liverpool.

Well, he is very good, and will be very good for Chelsea ... I am not going to get into the Downing vs. Mata debate, as it is irrelevant, but they are getting themselves a top class player there ...
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1504: Aug 19, 2011 11:54:09 pm
      :stress_h4h: Financial Fair Play  :jackoff:
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1505: Aug 19, 2011 11:57:00 pm
      Platini - "Chelsea... you seem to be in contravention of our FFP rules..."
      Abramovich - "Talk to the hand biatch"
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1506: Aug 20, 2011 12:17:55 am
      Platini - "Chelsea... you seem to be in contravention of our FFP rules..."
      Abramovich - "Talk to the hand biatch"

Both Chelsea and Man City are risking their future, by choosing to spend big, despite the FFP rules ... Personally, I don't think that UEFA would be willing to implement the FFP rules completely, but I think that they will be forced to, mostly by the big earners like Real Madrid, Barca, Man Utd or Bayern Munich ... When that happens, Chelsea and Man City will be well and truly fu**ed in 2014 ...

Juan Mata on verge on €27m move to Chelsea from Valencia

• Wide midfielder long open to Premier League switch
      • Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs all previously interested

Sid Lowe in Madrid
      guardian.co.uk, Friday 19 August 2011 23.05 BST

Juan Mata is on the verge of joining Chelsea from Valencia for a fee of €27m (£23.6m). Mata spoke to André Villas-Boas during the day and the Chelsea manager explained the role he has in mind for the attacking midfielder. Lawyers are finalising details on the deal, which is expected to be definitively closed on Saturday. The Chelsea manager had admitted this week: "We might just add a number in midfield."

The 23-year-old, who has studied at university and speaks reasonable English, has long been open to a move to the Premier League. His father and agent, also Juan Manuel Mata, had spoken to a number of clubs in England. Mata's initial preference was to secure a move to Barcelona but he was in no hurry to depart Valencia. The signings of Alexis Sánchez and Cesc Fábregas by Barcelona finally ended any possibility of a transfer to the Camp Nou.

Mata had already turned down the opportunity to join Tottenham Hotspur at the end of July. Tottenham sought to take advantage of a clause in Mata's contract that allowed him to leave the club before 31 July for a set fee of €25m: had Valencia unilaterally blocked a move at that stage, they would have been forced to increase Mata's salary. The player, though, did not want to move to Spurs.

Liverpool had previously shown an interest in the player but opted in the end to buy Stewart Downing from Aston Villa, with Kenny Dalglish putting a premium on players with Premier League experience. Despite showing an interest and although Mata's camp was open to the idea of a move to the Emirates, Arsenal failed to make a formal bid during that window of opportunity in July. Now Chelsea have done so.

Valencia were not keen to sell one of their key players and believe that, although their financial situation remains difficult, they were not obliged to sell.

They had also hoped to avoid a situation in which they lost the midfielder close to the start of the season but replacements had already been signed in the shape of Sergio Canales and Pablo Piatti and they had set a figure of €30m at which they could be persuaded, given that the July release clause would come into effect again next season.

Mata's desire to accept the offer to move to west London finally helped to bring the two clubs to an agreement which is being finalised.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/19/juan-mata-chelsea-valencia
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #1507: Aug 20, 2011 12:19:26 am
      I'd absolutely love Downing to be the best winger in the league this season.

If Mata goes to chelsea, it'll be another quality player wasting his chance to play for a big club and become a big part of their team.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1508: Aug 20, 2011 01:00:05 am
      Mata + Modric + Torres could be deadly if I'm honest. £110m worth, we'll see though I suppose but think it could work quite well unfortunately.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Reply #1509: Aug 20, 2011 05:52:41 am
      El basterdo would love this. He was begging our ex-owners to buy Mata.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1510: Aug 20, 2011 05:58:37 am
      please stop bumping this thread! he is coming nowhere near LFC this season unless he is wearing a CFC or AFC shirt.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #1511: Aug 20, 2011 11:24:52 pm
      please stop bumping this thread! he is coming nowhere near LFC this season unless he is wearing a CFC or AFC shirt.
      Sad but so true. ;)
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #1512: Aug 21, 2011 07:27:51 pm
      SSN reporting he is close to signing for Chelsea.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1513: Aug 21, 2011 07:29:56 pm
      Yeah he's gone, time to forget this one and just hope this counts them out of signing any more of our options... (Hazard, you'll get sick of me saying his name until we get him haha)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1514: Aug 21, 2011 07:38:12 pm
      People that dont watch la liga will be able to appreciate him here this season . Hopefully come next season we can compete for the aguero and mata s of this world with chelsea and city
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1515: Aug 21, 2011 07:41:47 pm
      The beeb's ticker also saying Valencia have said that Chelsea have reached an agreement with them to sign Mata.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1516: Aug 21, 2011 07:59:59 pm
      People that dont watch la liga will be able to appreciate him here this season . Hopefully come next season we can compete for the aguero and mata s of this world with chelsea and city

Mata, yes, but we won't be able to compete for Aguero, with wages of £200,000+ a week.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1517: Aug 21, 2011 08:03:59 pm
      I know what he means though, any name you mention will be within our reach and the ambitions of the player can be met. If City come in offering mega money then no we'd be stupid to try and compete with that and the motives of the player would be clear and that would be enough for me to say I wouldn't want him anyway. If all football is about to you as a player is money then I don't want to pay to line your pocket thanks.

Quick Reply