Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Juan Mata (Valencia)

Read 184072 times
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Re: Juan Mata (Valencia)
      Reply #23: Nov 08, 2010 03:58:05 pm
      Liverpool reignite interest in Spanish wing wizard
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/liverpool-reignite-interest-in-spanish-wing-wizard

Liverpool are once again being linked with a January transfer move for Juan Mata.

The Spanish winger has been linked with an Anfield move in the past, with the Mirror reporting in October 2009 that Liverpool were considering a £16.5 million switch for the player.

Despite the Merseyside outfit being under different management, new Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is also thought to be keen on the player. After being promised funds to spend in the January transfer window, a £17 million move appears to be a possibility in 2011.

Mata started his career with Real Madrid, but after failing to graduate from the Bernabeu B team the international moved to Valencia in March 2007.

The 22-year-old has become one of the jewels at the Mestalla, making well over 100 appearances for Los Che and earning a reputation as one of Europe's hottest properties.

Constant financial troubles at the La Liga club have left Mata's future constantly in question, and Liverpool are the latest club to potentially take advantage. Star striker David Villa was sold to Barcelona in the summer in an attempt to balance the books, and Mata could face a similar fate.

A left winger who can also play as a second striker or in 'the hole', Mata would add to the Reds' attacking options after a difficult start to the season.

Despite yesterday's (Sunday) win against Chelsea, injuries to Fernando Torres and Dirk Kuyt in the opening matches of the season exposed a thread-bare Liverpool attacking line.

Hodgson is keen to bolster his squad and avoid any other potential injury-crisis later in the season, and Liverpool will look to add quality in-depth.

Mata would almost certainly fit the bill, and Torres and Jose Reina could play a key role in enticing the player into a Premier League move. It would also please new owners NESV, who want to see young, attacking talent swell the Liverpool ranks.

Another piece linking us with Mata again.

I'm hoping so much that this turns out to be 100%
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Nov 08, 2010 09:42:46 pm
      I think the lad is quality I said about year and a half ago on here I'd prefer Mata then Silva.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Nov 08, 2010 10:43:55 pm
      Good stuff, better than being linked with the likes of Carlton Cole. However i have a horrible feeling that should this transfer take place we will be seeing Pacheco move in the other direction as part of the deal.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Nov 09, 2010 04:50:18 am
      Valencia got beat by Sevilla overnight. Hopefully the manager tore everyone a new arsehole and said they were all for sale ;)
      Nissesixx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      • Liverpool has nothing to do with Texas
      Reply #27: Nov 09, 2010 01:34:28 pm
      Valencia are in desperate need of cash and it seems like most of the big clubs won't make any major transfers in January so maybe we could get him at a fairly reasonable price.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #28: Nov 09, 2010 03:03:32 pm
      Valencia are in desperate need of cash and it seems like most of the big clubs won't make any major transfers in January so maybe we could get him at a fairly reasonable price.

Is this still the case? They´ve sold Silva and Villa so didn´t that clear their debt?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Nov 09, 2010 03:07:39 pm
      Their debt was like 500m thanks to their stadium and running out of funds to cover the costs, Villa and Silva covered part of it.
      eoghanm
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #30: Nov 09, 2010 03:23:35 pm
      Was anyone else on the BBC boards when a rake load of man utd fans posted threads about mata joining liverpool? They took it upon themselves to piss us reds fans off royally. Hopefully they were right afterall then
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #31: Nov 09, 2010 03:25:32 pm
      As I Star Trek fan, I've got to say, I want to hear the negatives - please someone, start talking Anti-Mata....

Sorry I know, shouldn't be allowed to drink & type really.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #32: Nov 09, 2010 03:39:52 pm
      As I Star Trek fan, I've got to say, I want to hear the negatives - please someone, start talking Anti-Mata....

Amazing.

eoghanm
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #33: Nov 09, 2010 03:41:58 pm

Agreed.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Nov 09, 2010 05:10:11 pm
      Well done. Rodders. Laugh my ass off. If he gets angry does he become Dark Mata
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35: Nov 09, 2010 05:47:27 pm
      One more and then I will stop. If he signed for us would that make him Red Mata?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #36: Nov 09, 2010 06:55:48 pm

:lmao: @both you and Racer :D Good stuff.

Coincidentally was listening to a screenwriting podcast this morning that interviewed a guy that wrote a lot of the films 'Wrath of Kahn' and 'The Voyage Home' or whatever its called. Good interview.

On topic, i really hope there is something to this. The lad is absolute quality, and is at that age i feel NESV would see as holding great value into the future.

Him coming in January would be a great boost for the home stretch of the season.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #37: Nov 09, 2010 07:22:02 pm
      :lmao: @both you and Racer :D Good stuff.

Coincidentally was listening to a screenwriting podcast this morning that interviewed a guy that wrote a lot of the films 'Wrath of Kahn' and 'The Voyage Home' or whatever its called. Good interview.

On topic, I really hope there is something to this. The lad is absolute quality, and is at that age I feel NESV would see as holding great value into the future.

Him coming in January would be a great boost for the home stretch of the season.

Kahn!!!!!!!!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #38: Nov 11, 2010 06:05:06 pm
      And just as importantly, a boost for Nando's morale.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #39: Nov 11, 2010 06:27:28 pm
      Unrealistic transfer target this one,i think the type of players we'll be signing are the likes of Kranjar and nzogbia.
      Can't see Reina or Torres trying to persuade him to join us with Roy in charge.
      Nissesixx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      • Liverpool has nothing to do with Texas
      Reply #40: Nov 11, 2010 07:04:32 pm
      Unrealistic transfer target this one,I think the type of players we'll be signing are the likes of Kranjar and nzogbia.
      Can't see Reina or Torres trying to persuade him to join us with Roy in charge.

That's what i'm affraid of. Who would want to play under that old fart? He is a no-name manager with zero charisma, zero tactical knowledge and zero motivational skills. A complete loser!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Apr 15, 2011 07:18:12 pm
      Mata denies speculation

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/mata-denies-speculation

Liverpool and Manchester City target Juan Mata has rubbished the rumours linking him with a move to the Premier League.

The Valencia winger has long been linked with a move to English football and reports in Spain have suggested that City will bid for him this summer, while Liverpool remain in the hunt.

But, speaking on Spanish radio station Onda Cero, the 22-year-old insisted that there has been no contact with any English clubs and that his future lies at the Mestalla.

"I'm very calm because I know nothing, it is all just rumours," said the Spain international. "At the moment, and as we approach the summer, we will have even more of these rumours.

"All I have to do is work every season to help the team. It's not up to me so I don't worry about it. I see myself playing this season and finishing it well. My only aim now is to play well here.

"The English league is very competitive and there are several teams that are doing very well but I like Spanish league."
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Apr 15, 2011 07:21:58 pm
      I think he would be a great signing for the club
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #43: Apr 15, 2011 07:33:02 pm
      If the translation is accurate then it reads just like any bland interview with a footballer. He doesn't say he wants to leave but doesn't read like he wouldn't dismiss a move too.

"It's not up to me so I don't worry about it. I see myself playing this season and finishing it well. My only aim now is to play well here. The English league is very competitive and there are several teams that are doing very well but I like Spanish league."

Its not up to me = passing the buck.
      I can see myself playing this season and finishing it well = doesn't say anything about next season or till the end of his contract.
      I like the Spanish league = Real and Barca come get me? Anyone else I'll move to England if those two don't.

« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2011 07:38:10 pm by KS67 »
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #44: Apr 15, 2011 09:16:44 pm
      Would love him here,hope he decides to leave Valencia in the summer.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #45: Apr 15, 2011 09:33:17 pm
      He's only 22 so he fits NESV's criteria perfectly, I doubt Valencia could resist an offer of £15million or above.

Time to get the chequebook out Mr.Henry.

Quick Reply